Expedition Everest - Yeti Spotted! Videos Are Available!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Jose Eber said:
Ummm....those were screenshots nabbed from a WDW segment on the Christmas parade on ABC Christmas day...hardly covert, I swear!
dang..... i was trying to give you props for a secret covert operation of yours. :lol:

oh well, i served it up for you. i didnt get a chance to watch the special.... didnt know. but my arguement above still stands with all the other photos, i just used most recent in mind for examples

Jose Eber

wannab@dis said:
You're missing the point... this isn't about safety or show. They are arguing about secrecy. In any event, it's now a mute point based on Lee's post.

No its not a mute point. You don't see an ethical issue in posting video of a ride IF you were asked not to video said ride.

:eek:

wannab@dis

Jose Eber said:
No its not a mute point. You don't see an ethical issue in posting video of a ride IF you were asked not to video said ride.

:eek:
If a contractor or Imagineer made the video, then it's an ethical question. If it was someone not associated with the construction of EE, then it's not an ethical situation.

Jose Eber

jmaxwell007 said:
dang..... i was trying to give you props for a secret covert operation of yours. :lol:

oh well, i served it up for you. i didn't get a chance to watch the special.... didn't know. but my argument above still stands with all the other photos, i just used most recent in mind for examples

There is NOTHING secret about my work unfortunately :lol: -- a lot of the cast know me there, and know me too well lol.

Even the train shots, the shots of the car --- weren't covert -- it was part of a media day - and those shots were available to the public. I just edited them/blurred them.

Sorry to disappoint, no 'covert' stuff here, I don't want to be a thorn in Disney's side.

Lee

Adventurer
Jose Eber said:

Granted, the person who shot the video may have some ethical issues...that's his problem. I can live with that, just like I live with myself when I shoot photos behind, under and around construction walls, when I get photos sent to me straight out of WDI and talk about it, when I take photos in a torn up Small World...

Whether or not it was right to shoot it is moot now. The yeti is out of the bag, so to speak.

gemini

Lee said:
And I agree 100%. If you want a peek...watch them. If not...don't. Personally, stuff like this is the main reason I have anything to do with Disney internet sites. Rock on.:cool:

At least for me, I'm not really talking about the spoiler aspect. To me, this is more about on-ride photo rules in general, just like how some attractions have a no flash photography rule. There are attractions where I've heard a "no videotaping" announcement, but I see those videos available all over Disney fan sites. Maybe Disney doesn't care, but that's the kind of stuff I would take issue with.

Maybe the real question, will this ride have a "no video" rule once it's open to the public? Does anyone know for sure what attractions are strictly "no videotaping?"

joel_maxwell

im still trying to figure out what is the difference between pics and vid in an ethical debate. we have been seeing photos for awhile now of things that were possibly done by a contractor or imagineer.

but that is just an assumption.....

Jose Eber

wannab@dis said:
If a contractor or Imagineer made the video, then it's an ethical question. If it was someone not associated with the construction of EE, then it's not an ethical situation.

To me, if that person was asked to not video and they did, therein lies the ethical dillema.

BUT you can be guilty of being 'too ethical' as well.

EpcotServo

jmaxwell007 said:
i think that you got on here preaching and telling people not to watch or download the videos since it is a social evil.
LOL that's a reworking of a DAK quote.
And wannab@dis, you can't be surprised. you just said my brother should be fired! That's harrasment If I've ever seen it!

(P.S. That video came from Cast that should've known better. Yes E:E will be taped and that is a good thing people need to see how great it is. This conflict comes from the fact that the CMs they had there to film the ride for press/file footage leaked the ride. It feels like a betrayal. Since they were photographers and camera men the E:E cast and management couldn't do anything about their cameras. They Trusted them not too, but they broke that trust. Can you understand why that would make people upset?)

gemini

wannab@dis said:
If it was someone not associated with the construction of EE, then it's not an ethical situation.

Do you generally pick and choose which rules are OK to break and which ones you should follow? I don't know about Florida, but in Ohio there's actually a law that "requires that riders must obey all warnings and directions regarding (a) ride ..." Failure to comply is a misdemeanor.

Jose Eber

gemini said:
Do you generally pick and choose which rules are OK to break and which ones you should follow? I don't know about Florida, but in Ohio there's actually a law that "requires that riders must obey all warnings and directions regarding (a) ride ..." Failure to comply is a misdemeanor.

ouch! -- man be careful in Ohio, or a least observe posted rules.

joel_maxwell

gemini said:
yes, and in the retrospect of life...... failure to report proper taxes to the government can land you some nice jail time.

this isnt a life/death issue with me. some rules are a bit more serious in life

XSTech

Original Poster
Is anyone in here still talking about the ride or has this turned into an ethics round table discussion? :lookaroun

I will let you all know that I have been given permission to publish the name of the person who sent me the videos. That person has made it very clear that he/she is not worried about Disney taking any kind of action against him/her.

With that said, I would not want to be responsible for getting someone fired, so I will refrain from posting his/her name until a future date.

Regardless, there are thousands of people out there who will not be able to attend the CM, AP, or DVC previews of this attraction, and possibly not even ride it when it opens. Let's look at this as a special preview event for them. :wave:

gemini

Jose Eber said:
ouch! -- man be careful in Ohio, or a least observed posted rules.

Well, to be fair, it's not like they're arresting people who put their hands on roller coasters. The law was meant more as a deterrent for horseplay. But, at the very least, they are serious about it. The point was that rules are not meant to be suggestions. :)

gemini

jmaxwell007 said:
this isnt a life/death issue with me. some rules are a bit more serious in life

It's not a life/death issue for me either. This is very low on my list of things to care about. Just having a friendly discussion. :)

So if a cast member on Tower of Terror says, "no videotaping please" and you whip out the camera on the way up ... that's OK?

Jose Eber

Or...you take all the slack out of your seatbelt when you are seated in TOT and experience some serious freefall...ethics violation? or violating the laws of gravity? you decide!

Lee

Adventurer
gemini said:
So if a cast member on Tower of Terror says, "no videotaping please" and you whip out the camera on the way up ... that's OK?

As long as there is no external light that would bother other guests...it's ok with me. Done it myself on many rides, and so long as it doesn't interfere with the experience for other guests I will continue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom