Expedition Everest - Yeti Spotted! Videos Are Available!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
gemini said:
It's not a life/death issue for me either. This is very low on my list of things to care about. Just having a friendly discussion. :)

So if a cast member on Tower of Terror says, "no videotaping please" and you whip out the camera on the way up ... that's OK?
i think that it is a personal thing. i probably wouldnt do it.... but that doesnt mean im not going to watch if someone else does it.

:D

joel_maxwell

maxime29 said:
Can we please talk about the video and not about the method(s) of filming/obtaining the video?
well, thought the double helix looks cool, the inside of the lift hill looks really detailed and love the music playing, the transition at the top of the broken track seems to take longer then expected (i thought it would be a little quicker), the projection seems really cool. from the projection to the big hill is longer then expected.... other then that, i didnt look at the yeti.... i want something to be a surprise, but from what ive read, you could see much

gemini

Lee said:
As long as there is no external light that would bother other guests...it's ok with me. Done it myself on many rides, and so long as it doesn't interfere with the experience for other guests I will continue.

"Yes, officer, I know I was going 90, but I wasn't bothering any other drivers." :)

No announcement, keep the camera out and tape away. Specific "no" announcement, video camera goes dark.

I might expect it from Joe Tourist. Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm kind of surprised at this attitude from a Disney fan.

DS456

There was a contractor convention Saturday for the companies that worked on the mountain. They did try to limit the number of pics taken etc., but couldnt get them all. This is where that video came from.

Right before you go backwards there used to be a hawk that would screech out loud. Rohde apparently found it rather cheesy so they always turned it off when he was on. I didnt notice it in the video so they must have left it off.

Connor002

Lee said:
Yep.
I downloaded them, watched them...and was quite pleased.

I fired off an email to a WDI contact and just now got a response.

I quote:

"No big deal, really. As soon as you let "outsiders" on the ride, you run the risk of this kind of thing. Actually, it's a sort of validation that people are excited about our work and appreciate what we do.
Believe me, nobody here will loose sleep over a couple crappy videos on the internet."

And I agree 100%. If you want a peek...watch them. If not...don't. Personally, stuff like this is the main reason I have anything to do with Disney internet sites. Rock on.:cool:

Well... that just about ends it. WDI knows, and probably expected, there are videos. It's a complement to their work, really...

Lee

Adventurer
gemini said:
I might expect it from Joe Tourist. Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm kind of surprised at this attitude from a Disney fan.

That's the problem right there...I'm a Disney fan and I want ride videos, even even if it means bending the rules from time to time.

Maybe too much of a Disney fan....:lookaroun

gemini

Lee said:
That's the problem right there...I'm a Disney fan and I want ride videos, even even if it means bending the rules from time to time.

Maybe too much of a Disney fan....:lookaroun

Fair enough. :)

elpirataman

I walk away for one night and now I have to catch up LOL!

Well after a good night sleep I am soooooo hype!
I guess us who watched it can say we are insiders to the least.

joel_maxwell

gemini said:
i would expect disney enthusist from this site and others to get the footage even if you bend the rules and expect joe tourist to get scared and not tape.

that is the way i see it. but everyone is different.

well, "disney fan" is a very broad term as you can see from the different reactions.

MuRkErY

I'm very Impressed :D

From what i heard as well, some of the effects are not turned on, like i heard there would be snow at the top of the mountain.

Also, i'm not sure if this was just the crappy quality of the video, but i expect the Yeti will move a lot more in the final scene when we see it's AA.

MickeyTigg

Pongo said:
Show of hands: who actually WILL watch the video?

I didn't think so. :lol:

Thank you for the opportunity though. It is tempting. But I just can't bring myself to it. Once I ride it though, I'll be all over that video.

Not watching the video....nope....thanks for the offer though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom