Expedition Everest - Yeti Spotted! Videos Are Available!

EpcotServo

wannab@dis said:
chill out... it was previews that included families and guests. If they didn't want it filmed, they could have searched every rider and confiscated camcorders/cameras. They didn't, so they have to assume a video would be released.

I'll watch the video if I want and spill the information. If you don't want to know... don't read threads that could include the information.
It's not that I don't want to know about the ride. My brother works at Everest and I know how hard them and WDI has been working to keep it a seceret so you guys would enjoy it more when you got there. And they be nice, and let this Cast member on(there were no familes or guests, only Cast Members on this day.) Telling him, and everyone coming in at the gate, no videos or photos and such, they all agreed, and this guy lies to get his site more hits.

Spaciestacey30

I just have one question...my sister sooooo badly wants me to go for passholder preview..but I hate hate hate roller coasters with straight down drops...I watched the video...I can not tell if this thing has a drop or if it is more like thunder mountain with curves as you drop.

Can anyone else tell?

Jose Eber

O.k. well, if you are sure that these are illegally taken, this guy shouldn't have taken footage. :(

I wanna take footage myself, but only if its allowed etc. I want to keep visiting the parks, not get kicked out of them!!!

wannab: its called ethics. If your work was accessed/proffited from w/o your approval, trust me, you'd have a different attitude.

I mean, DISNEY hasn't even put their own webs site up [still not up ;) ]

wannab@dis

EpcotServo said:
It's not that I don't want to know about the ride. My brother works at Everest and I know how hard them and WDI has been working to keep it a seceret so you guys would enjoy it more when you got there. And they be nice, and let this Cast member on(there were no familes or guests, only Cast Members on this day.) Telling him, and everyone coming in at the gate, no videos or photos and such, they all agreed, and this guy lies to get his site more hits.
Oh... the truth comes out. You're brother is on the line for being nice and allowing someone to ride that was not supposed to? Is that right?

If they were allowed to ride, then it's a fact that anyone could video the ride. It's not the end of the world. However, if they were only supposed to let certain people ride, and he let others, then he should be fired, not the person that made the video. :lol:

Jose Eber

Spaciestacey30 said:
I just have one question...my sister sooooo badly wants me to go for pass holder preview..but I hate hate hate roller coasters with straight down drops...I watched the video...I can not tell if this thing has a drop or if it is more like thunder mountain with curves as you drop.

Can anyone else tell?

it does have an 80 foot drop...and I know one person who's ridden it that HATES drops (won't even go on Splash) and said he enjoyed it a lot, thought it was 'awesome, awesome, awesome'

J.

EpcotServo

wannab@dis said:
:lol:

That's probably the best thing I've read in a long time. :rolleyes:
Whatever, there's no sense trying to talk someone into something if they won't listen. It's people like you that make the internet go round'. :rolleyes:

wannab@dis

Jose Eber said:
O.k. well, if you are sure that these are illegally taken, this guy shouldn't have taken footage. :(

I wanna take footage myself, but only if its allowed etc. I want to keep visiting the parks, not get kicked out of them!!!

wannab: its called ethics. If your work was accessed/proffited from w/o your approval, trust me, you'd have a different attitude.

I mean, DISNEY hasn't even put their own webs site up [still not up ;) ]

How do you know he's right? You're taking the word of someone whose brother supposedly works there. Big whoops...

If they didn't want video/pictures out, they would search for cameras/camcorders. They could also have grabbed the camcorder after the ride. You really don't think they couldn't see them on cameras?

And this has nothing to do with ethics. The instant they let 'outsiders', the can't expect a video/picture to not get out.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
EpcotServo said:
soooo, are the photos of the outside of EE that have been shared over the last 24 months illegal as well. im refering to the shots of the broken track by jose eber(after the lift hill) or all the inside photos by yensid1 that we saw......... those are just as much a spoiler as a video of basically outside material (since you can see anything inside: besides the projection)...... basically, im just saying if you are going to protest these videos.... you need to include any and all photos that have been taken that could also 'spoil' the surprise (ones from vantage points other than behind construction walls)

i just find your arguement a little contradictiing

Lee

Adventurer
Yep.
I downloaded them, watched them...and was quite pleased.

I fired off an email to a WDI contact and just now got a response.

I quote:

"No big deal, really. As soon as you let "outsiders" on the ride, you run the risk of this kind of thing. Actually, it's a sort of validation that people are excited about our work and appreciate what we do.
Believe me, nobody here will loose sleep over a couple crappy videos on the internet."

And I agree 100%. If you want a peek...watch them. If not...don't. Personally, stuff like this is the main reason I have anything to do with Disney internet sites. Rock on.:cool:

gemini

wannab@dis said:
If they didn't want video/pictures out, they would search for cameras/camcorders.

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. If a cast member gives you instructions, then you have to follow them. Do you think it's OK for people to use flash photography where prohibited because they don't search each guest going into an attraction?

wannab@dis

wannab@dis said:
The instant they let 'outsiders', they can't expect a video/picture to not get out.
Lee's WDI Contact said:
"No big deal, really. As soon as you let "outsiders" on the ride, you run the risk of this kind of thing. Actually, it's a sort of validation that people are excited about our work and appreciate what we do.
Believe me, nobody here will loose sleep over a couple crappy videos on the internet."

:lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Lee said:
And I agree 100%. If you want a peek...watch them. If not...don't. Personally, stuff like this is the main reason I have anything to do with Disney internet sites. Rock on.:cool:
isnt that part of the reason we are here....... i agree.

EpcotServo

wannab@dis said:
Oh... the truth comes out. You're brother is on the line for being nice and allowing someone to ride that was not supposed to? Is that right?

If they were allowed to ride, then it's a fact that anyone could video the ride. It's not the end of the world. However, if they were only supposed to let certain people ride, and he let others, then he should be fired, not the person that made the video. :lol:
HOW DARE YOU! He dosen't let the people on! What did I do to you?

wannab@dis

gemini said:
That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. If a cast member gives you instructions, then you have to follow them. Do you think it's OK for people to use flash photography where prohibited because they don't search each guest going into an attraction?
You're missing the point... this isn't about safety or show. They are arguing about secrecy. In any event, it's now a mute point based on Lee's post.

Jose Eber

jmaxwell007 said:
soooo, are the photos of the outside of EE that have been shared over the last 24 months illegal as well. im refering to the shots of the broken track by jose eber(after the lift hill)

Ummm....those were screenshots nabbed from a WDW segment on the Christmas parade on ABC Christmas day...hardly covert, I swear!

wannab@dis

EpcotServo said:

EpcotServo said:
HOW DARE YOU! He dosen't let the people on! What did I do to you?

:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom