Expedition Everest - Yeti Spotted! Videos Are Available!

bcampione

Ok, so I click on the download and then quicktime comes up and doeswnt allow me to watch it. It goes to the "broken film" picture.

Anyone know how to reslove the situation?

Montu

PBarton said:
:sohappy:

I am still holding out for the Steam Donkey to pause underneath the Yeti.. Surely we will see more of the Yeti than that!

Can't wait to ride it in May

I like that you're so openly ok with setting yourself up for disappointment :brick:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
SirGoofy said:
Hahaha, you must not have been reading when Stitch's Great Escape opend, or you would find your statement to be completely false.
:lol:

ok, soooooo, i know that there was no time specified, but what time zone are they following because Central time zone is on the second half of the day..... i guess ill check from home tonight.

i need a new screensaver. i still have the M:S fading people one

goofyfan13

bcampione said:
Ok, so I click on the download and then quicktime comes up and doeswnt allow me to watch it. It goes to the "broken film" picture.

You may just have to update your quicktime. Go to the quicktime sight and download the updated version. If that doesn't work I don't know what to tell you. :wave:

joel_maxwell

bcampione said:

try running "update quicktime"

sounds like you have an old version

Montu

cac2889 said:
Can I add that I think its so cool that the train blows its little horn on the way up the hill? Like the Little Engine that Could. :)

I really do enjoy that. I like that it puffs smoke in the station too. That's quite clever.

EpcotServo

Again, you fail to "get" what we're saying. We aren't doubting the staying power of great classic rides. I agree about American Adventure. I'll aways love those AAs over the yeti. Heck, I know the show by heart and go to Epcot all the time just to see it. I'm always going to love the classics way more than E:E. We're just saying to not judge this ride too harshly by just watching the video of an uncompleted ride. Sorry this whole thing got kind of crazy though.
No hard feelings,
EpcotServo

joel_maxwell

Montu said:
I really do enjoy that. I like that it puffs smoke in the station too. That's quite clever.
i liked the horn as well. made me chuckle with memories of my childhood riding trains in parks.

didnt see the smoke. that is a bonus.

elpirataman

EpcotServo said:
Again, you fail to "get" what we're saying. We aren't doubting the staying power of great classic rides. I agree about American Adventure. I'll aways love those AAs over the yeti. Heck, I know the show by heart and go to Epcot all the time just to see it. I'm always going to love the classics way more than E:E. We're just saying to not judge this ride too harshly by just watching the video of an uncompleted ride. Sorry this whole thing got kind of crazy though.
No hard feelings,
EpcotServo

Wait a minute, is this directed at me, cause by all means I am supporting it, I am just telling ppl who are going to be surprised!

Montu

SirGoofy said:
Yea, I see where your coming from. But I don't agree with you. What we have here is a difference of opinions. I think it's cool that it's just some natural sounds in the ride. You don't. Am I wrong because what I think is different from what you think? I happen to like realism.

And please as Steve asked, could we end this now?

You're completely titled to your opinion. That doesn't make you any more right (or wrong).

The point however that is not a matter of opinion is the subject of background music enhancing a show environment - not Everest-specific but in the case of any show / movie / presentation. It' a matter of fact- it DOES blend what's happening to make it a lot more exciting, and it's *vital* to set a mood.

This has nothing at all to do with realism - because when it comes down to it I'm the biggest supporter of having something be more realistic. In fact I can't stand DCA's Tower of Terror because the amount of black-lighting it uses in the show scenes makes it feel far more cartoonish than it's Florida counter-part.

In my opinion, your biggest issue here is that you can't stand to think that Disney's "latest and greatest" may not be all that great after all. I don't get why people on here take such a personal defense of the Disney product. Not a one of you owns / runs / makes decisions within the company, so it's not at all like Everest (or insert new attraction name here) will benefit you in any way shape or form. I personally believe Disney has, without a doubt, the best product in the themed entertainment market - and I truly believe they likely always will. But if you're going to talk realism, and be such a big supporter - then BE realistic. Not every new attraction - no matter how much hype it got, no matter how great you hoped it would be, etc, etc, etc is going to be the next big thing. Does it make Disney any less of a company? Not really (granted everything reflects, but...) The point is you all don't need to get your panties in a bunch because a ride isn't the greatest thing in the world. Snow White's Scary Adventures is not the greatest ride in the world, but I enjoy it just the same and ride it every time I go to the Magic Kingdom - and no one was worried that Magic Kingdom would close because it wasn't a massive blockbuster attraction.

And stop using Steve to fight your battles for you.

Jose Eber

Can we please stop the arguments? Really.

You two are in the industry, perhaps you are jealous that Disney Imagineers get big budgets like this more than you do?

I don't care if you work for Garry Goddard Entertainment, Sally or whoever -- really, it just sounds like you guys are jealous.

No one gets a job perfect...classics only come around every so often...its a hard business to be in. And I'm sure both of your respective companies have had their share of duds and successes.

And I SOOO disagree with your perspective on music on rides.

WHATEVA is all I have to say, oh and...

TALK TO THE HAND...

(industry types :rolleyes: )

EpcotServo

elpirataman said:
Wait a minute, is this directed at me, cause by all means I am supporting it, I am just telling ppl who are going to be surprised!
No not for you, lol sorry should've put a quote there.

elpirataman

Jose Eber said:
Can we please stop the arguments? Really.

If you two are in the industry, perhaps you are jealous that Disney Imagineers get big budgets like this more than you do?

I don't care if you work for Garry Goddard, Sally or whoever -- really, it just sounds like you guys are jealous.

No one gets a job perfect...classics only come around every so often...its a hard business to be in. And I'm sure both of your respective companies have had their share of duds and successes.

And I SOOO disagree with your perspective on music on rides.

WHATEVA is all I have to say, oh and...

TALK TO THE HAND...

(industry types :rolleyes: )

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
AMEN

SirGoofy

Montu said:
You're completely titled to your opinion. That doesn't make you any more right (or wrong).

The point however that is not a matter of opinion is the subject of background music enhancing a show environment - not Everest-specific but in the case of any show / movie / presentation. It' a matter of fact- it DOES blend what's happening to make it a lot more exciting, and it's *vital* to set a mood.

This has nothing at all to do with realism - because when it comes down to it I'm the biggest supporter of having something be more realistic. In fact I can't stand DCA's Tower of Terror because the amount of black-lighting it uses in the show scenes makes it feel far more cartoonish than it's Florida counter-part.

In my opinion, your biggest issue here is that you can't stand to think that Disney's "latest and greatest" may not be all that great after all. I don't get why people on here take such a personal defense of the Disney product. Not a one of you owns / runs / makes decisions within the company, so it's not at all like Everest (or insert new attraction name here) will benefit you in any way shape or form. I personally believe Disney has, without a doubt, the best product in the themed entertainment market - and I truly believe they likely always will. But if you're going to talk realism, and be such a big supporter - then BE realistic. Not every new attraction - no matter how much hype it got, no matter how great you hoped it would be, etc, etc, etc is going to be the next big thing. Does it make Disney any less of a company? Not really (granted everything reflects, but...) The point is you all don't need to get your panties in a bunch because a ride isn't the greatest thing in the world. Snow White's Scary Adventures is not the greatest ride in the world, but I enjoy it just the same and ride it every time I go to the Magic Kingdom - and no one was worried that Magic Kingdom would close because it wasn't a massive blockbuster attraction.

And stop using Steve to fight your battles for you.

Wow, just wow. Ummm how the heck do you know what I think. I don't like Mission Space, nor do I like Stitch's Great Escape. I haven't been overly impressed with new rides since Tower of Terror, so don't put words in my mouth buddy. I think Everest looks amazing. Do I think somethings could be changed? Yes. The bird could look like it was alive. The section of track before the lift hill could use some more excitement. But I think the ride looks amazing.

And I wasn't letting Steve fight my battles. He wanted us to stop fighting, and I was just trying to listen to him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom