Expedition Everest - Yeti Spotted! Videos Are Available!

Montu

wannab@dis said:
Many have asked the same question before...

Oh, notice GGETay is new (post count)... but yet, Montu addresses him as "Tay" and "Taylor"... interesting that they both jump in at the same time from opposite sides of the country and start blasting EE.

Perhaps because Taylor and I - who both work in attraction design in real life, by the way - are on the phone with eachother right now.

Laughing at you.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
peter11435 said:
Im starting to agree with EpcotServo that the video should have never been posted. Only because there are so many people out there who don't understand the difference between watching this video and a ride on the finished attraction.
i see your point, but if someone is going to let this determine if they are going to go and see the real thing then i would imagine they werent really interested in the first place (or serious about going)

barnum42

XSTech said:
These are uploaded for those who have no chance of riding this ride any time soon.
And as one those I thank you for this little taster.

I'll judge it properly when I finally get to ride it myself.

SirGoofy

Montu said:
Yet the sound is not lost over people screaming on roller coasters that do a LOT more than this one - for example Space Mountain at disneyland paris, which steaper drops, pitch black darkness and inversions (as well as a whole heck of a lot of pain). So how do you justify your point?

But, I could be wrong, there is onboard stereos on SpaM. Your supposed to be riding on an old rail system in EE, whereas your riding on a rocket in SpaM. I don't think they had speakers on railroad cars.

Montu

SirGoofy said:
But, I could be wrong, there is onboard stereos on SpaM. Your supposed to be riding on an old rail system in EE, whereas your riding on a rocket in SpaM. I don't think they had speakers on railroad cars.

My god. You are *completely* missing the point and trying to prove yourself by being *way* too literal.

This has nothing to do with what would or would not be on the train. Exactly like Taylor said - it's something that simply flows in the background that enchances excitement and enforces mood. It is a VERY nessary tool when speaking in terms of show.

Want proof? Watch a movie without the score playing in the background. Tell me you enjoy it just as much when only listening to the dialogue.

PBarton

wdwmagic said:
Hey guys, quit the arguing, lets try and keep this thread on track. Thanks.
:sohappy:

I am still holding out for the Steam Donkey to pause underneath the Yeti.. Surely we will see more of the Yeti than that!

Can't wait to ride it in May

joel_maxwell

besides the queue, is the first yeti spotted on the ride, in the main lift hill on the ceiling looking down at you?

im not going to download again to look, but if memory serves, it ilooks like the one from the statue outside in the temple

CrashNet

Can I add that I think its so cool that the train blows its little horn on the way up the hill? Like the Little Engine that Could. :)

SirGoofy

Montu said:
My god. You are *completely* missing the point and trying to prove yourself by being *way* too literal.

This has nothing to do with what would or would not be on the train. Exactly like Taylor said - it's something that simply flows in the background that enchances excitement and enforces mood. It is a VERY nessary tool when speaking in terms of show.

Want proof? Watch a movie without the score playing in the background. Tell me you enjoy it just as much when only listening to the dialogue.
Yea, I see where your coming from. But I don't agree with you. What we have here is a difference of opinions. I think it's cool that it's just some natural sounds in the ride. You don't. Am I wrong because what I think is different from what you think? I happen to like realism.

And please as Steve asked, could we end this now?

EpcotServo

peter11435 said:
That’s a very mature response. Steve asked us to stop the arguing and that’s just what I’m going to do. I can't wait to ride Everest.
Yea, I'm done with this too. Some people are just set on complaning about every little thing Disney does.

joel_maxwell

Jose Eber said:
^^its not meant to, I know that...BUT if there is a delayed load, or a delay period, I think there is a break zone there.
i hope on my second or third ride........ there is a major delay so they have to slow us waaayy down right there.

lol

barnum42

wdwmagic said:
Hey guys, quit the arguing, lets try and keep this thread on track. Thanks.
Agreed.

Looked like I'd walked into "Shooting Stars"

handbag.jpg

:lol:

(I'm guessing that the pic may be a tad esoteric to some of our friends on here)

GGETay

"this all seems to be turning into a thread much like the Revenge of the Mummy ones when that opened"

Hahahahaha- and look how well that ride turned out :eek:)

Seriously- I rarely read these boards- but it's endlessly frustrating that when EVERY new attraction opens, everyone thinks it's the greatest damned thing ever.

What's important is that a ride has staying power- something which will hold its value 20 years down the line and become more valuable with age.

There's no doubt the majority of the public will LIKE Everest- but the problem is that when over $200 is spent on something, it should be AMAZING and should revolutionize the industry that way that Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, T2:3D, and Spiderman all did.

Problem being, there's no BIG IDEA in the attraction- the premise of being chased, or hunted, by the Yeti is great, but unless there are several key elements not yet in operation, the end result is not all that compelling- and the attraction probably won't engage people emotionally.

The majority of people who read and post to this board will ride it and think it's great- and that because on the surface, you don't know any better. Subconciously, however, you know the difference between a good attraction, and a great one, and that's why, 10 years down the road, you probably won't make that long bus ride from EPCOT to Animal Kingdom just to ride the roller coaster in the mountain, where you'll still go through the endless hassels to get to Magic Kingdom to ride Pirates, Mansion, Splash Mountain, and even Peter Pan.

When people get home and their friends ask how EE was- they're more likely to say "It was cool" opposed to the "It was AMAZING" that you would get with Indiana Jones- an attraction still cited as a major draw for Disneyland.

Hell- though- if everyone felt the way I did- American Adventure would never be without a full theatre. Having experienced every major Disney attraction in the world- I sincerely believe that AA is the best, without a doubt.

I really want Everest to be great- but being entirely realistic and stepping away from all hype, it looks like it will just be good.

By the way- Lee- I think you're respectable and have good ideas.

SirGoofy

GGETay said:
Seriously- I rarely read these boards- but it's endlessly frustrating that when EVERY new attraction opens, everyone thinks it's the greated damned thing ever.

Hahaha, you must not have been reading when Stitch's Great Escape opend, or you would find your statement to be completely false.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom