News Expedition Everest refurbishment in 2022

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I agree it’s a good thing but some of us do not live locally and are not AP holders. Our trips are typically 2-5 years apart. Plus with little kids, we either ride once or sometimes not at all. So yes, it’s disappointing.
Totally get the disappointment, I’d be too. It’s unfortunately a possibility when booking trips that far in advance. Heck even when you book 6 months in advance. That happens to us nearly every year.

Disstevefan1

And yet, we still have walls and dirt piles in EPCOT.

Now with Genie + and Lighting Lane having attractions closed means higher demand for the ones that are running and MORE MONEY for Disney, YaY.

I can hear it now from Disney management, “Could you slow it down on the refurbishment and keep that attraction closed a little longer, we did not make enough money on Genie + and Lighting Lane yet”

peter11435

And yet, we still have walls and dirt piles in EPCOT.

Now with Genie + and Lighting Lane having attractions closed means higher demand for the ones that are running and MORE MONEY for Disney, YaY.

I can hear it now from Disney management, “Could you slow it down on the refurbishment and keep that attraction closed a little longer, we did not make enough money on Genie + and Lighting Lane yet”
We shouldn’t be complaining about attractions closing for refurbishment. We should be demanding that every attraction closes for an annual refurbishment.

peter11435

Yeah. I know that’s the company line and I don’t think they actually would ever do it but there is now an even larger financial incentive for them to go down the route of longer, slower, more in depth refurbishments.
Except there really isn’t a financial incentive to keeping attractions like Everest closed.

Tom Morrow

FWIW, I haven't seen it work but as of maybe a year or two ago, the steam still did work and I did see it. It's often just shut off because it makes the station too hot as it is real steam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom