News Expedition Everest refurbishment in 2022

Mander

In the Parks
No
Feeling real unlucky! My favorite ride and our trips are booked late January and early April.

Assuming we don't delay then again at least.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
It going to take 3 months just to remove all the stupid hair ties...
Guaranteed with Chapek, this is a must do refurb, as you know he is not spending any money if he does not have a gun to his head by maintenance. He won't even comb the Yeti's hair cause he is so jealous of the hair growth!
Yeti will be shaved with a sign reading "Model #1: The Chapek" by his feet

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That’s so Chapek.
Let us not pretend that any of the CEOs in the last 20 years would have done any different. This is an issue that could have been fixed with little to no downtime by writing a check 15 years ago. Granted, it would have been a sizeable one, but now not even that will really fix it.

As long as E:E remains popular, the largest and most complex audio-animatronic figure ever built by Imagineering will be nothing more than a furry statue with disco lighting and some fans.

Nickels5

I’m confused, some are upset they are spending time doing maintenance on the ride system after years of neglect? I understand if you’re going there and will miss riding it, but it’s happened to all of us at some point, but this is a good thing.
No one is upset about that, people are upset because there’s show elements that add to the attraction that they have been refusing to fix.

Magenta Panther

I’m confused, some are upset they are spending time doing maintenance on the ride system after years of neglect? I understand if you’re going there and will miss riding it, but it’s happened to all of us at some point, but this is a good thing.

And besides, what are the complainers missing anyway? A very mild roller coaster that goes backwards and forwards, gasp, big deal, there are dozens of roller coasters in these United States that do that a lot better and faster and enable you to lose your lunch a lot quicker. As for the ride's theme, that's a bust because it talks about a Yeti you never get to see except for some cheap-looking unconvincing shadow animation. And yet, even during this big refurb, the Yeti AA will remain broken. Outrageous. Damn Iger and Chapek for always taking the cheap way out. Walt would kick their butts over this (and for many other things) and Roy would help him.

999th Happy Haunt

And besides, what are the complainers missing anyway? A very mild roller coaster that goes backwards and forwards, gasp, big deal, there are dozens of roller coasters in these United States that do that a lot better and faster and enable you to lose your lunch a lot quicker.
“Guys why are you upset you won’t be able to ride on your next trip it’s not even good”
9F3CFCE7-464E-4807-9CF6-A20AD78E110B.jpeg

SteveUK

When they announce timescales for these refurbs, do they tend to be accurate? Don’t want to get drawn into a debate, just wondering if it is likely to be open for our trip Apr 28th - 12th May?

DisneyDreamer08

I agree it’s a good thing but some of us do not live locally and are not AP holders. Our trips are typically 2-5 years apart. Plus with little kids, we either ride once or sometimes not at all. So yes, it’s disappointing.

Tom Morrow

Well if they don't fix the yeti, they have no excuse to not fix the following:

- Clean and repaint the peak. All of the "snow" is covered in grime or rust stains and faded.
- Clean up every damn hair tie
- Fix any light leaks
- Find an effective alternative for fog at the peak

Wishful thinking:

- Something more than landscaping from the approach to the 2nd lift hill. Perhaps a campsite scene or a small village.
- More effects than just the projection at the second stop.
- If they're telling the truth and not going to do anything with the yeti itself, at least give the scene more than just strobe lights.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Can someone provide a list of items not working besides the Yeti and the bird (well sometimes)? The mountain needs a complete paint job, obviously, but what else?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom