Expedition Everest mountain range mist/cloud effect working!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I like the descending Sherpa effect best.

Attachments

• AK EE Broken again.jpg
    AK EE Broken again.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 143

XS-Spence

That is a really cool effect. I, too, have yet to see the Yeti in A mode. Maybe in June?

Should I feel kind of bad that I have never seen the Yeti in "B" mode, only "A"? I've been on about 15 times since it opened. (...and I've probably just jinxed myself from ever seeing "A" mode ever again)

ctxak98

Well i have a couple of questions for this discussion and I was trying to figure out what the differance is between the yeti A version and the yeti B version. can someone tell the differance:veryconfu

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well i have a couple of questions for this discussion and I was trying to figure out what the differance is between the yeti A version and the yeti B version. can someone tell the differance:veryconfu
Yes; A Mode is normal, show standard - the Yeti moves and (apparently) swipes at your car. B Mode is when there are technical difficulties and he is motionless, lit by a strobe light. Yep, they spent all that time and money to build a statue (for me last October anyways...)

ctxak98

Here`s hoping the parks 10th gift will be to get all the mountains effects working - and all of Dinosaurs too! And to keep `em working!

To all of you going on Tuesday; I wish I was with ya. Shoot lots of video and have a great time :wave:
What do you mean when you say all of dinosaurs effects to keep working. is there something that isn't working fully:veryconfu

S.E.A.

the bird on a stick is there because it is apparently a bad omen when you see them in the himalayas.

and yeah I'm one of the lucky ones to only ever see the Yeti in A Mode.

EpcotServo

Whilst moving down the road aboard an Automocar, I caught a very faint glimpse of said mist particles afloat in the breeze.

culturenthrills

I still don't know why they didn't just use some sort of smoke machine effect instead of actual steam for the trains in the station. It would seem athat would be easier to keep up and running. I am all for realism but sometimes the cheaper, more reliable effect works better.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What do you mean when you say all of dinosaurs effects to keep working. is there something that isn't working fully:veryconfu
Pet peeves are the deactivated lasers for the entry/exit portals and the dino-net in the finale..... :mad:

I will say apart from that, last October the visuals all looked to be working great (the ones not switched off....INCOMING!!!..... incoming what? Oh.)

kc1296426

Just to give you guys an update on the everest effects, including the mist. I also posted this in the stickied everest effect thread.

Saturday, April 19th.

-Yeti in A1 mode (looked like it was totally fixed!)
-no mist in tunnels, or mist effect from the top of the mountain like what was seen two days ago
-no steam
-no bird (only audio)
-front waterfall working
-rear waterfall not working

It was working real efficiently compared to the last couple of visits to meet the yeti. I've heard they've worked out a little of the kinks after hours over the last week.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
huh, thanks for the update steve. after scanning 7 pages, looks to be short lived. maybe they were waiting for tuesday to use it, then by wednesday it will be broken again so they were waiting for the 10th anniversary party.

hope they get a lot of that stuff fixed soon. for good!

EpcotServo

I will say apart from that, last October the visuals all looked to be working great (the ones not switched off....INCOMING!!!..... incoming what? Oh.)

Gah...don't get me started on that one.
:brick:

INCOMING!

"What? It's just a dinosaur on a stick, not moving. Calm down!'

hauntdmansion79

The back looks kinda like this...only I don't think this is the finished paint job. Still looking....
bbblog2.jpg
Thanks for an updated picture of the back of the mountain. I never knew about the village scene. I was searching hard to find a more recent one (the ones I posted earlier in this thread were from Jim Hills site from a long time ago). I have to say, unlike other people in this thread, I don't think this paint job is very effective because neither myself or my family noticed the village scene when we were there in March. what we saw was a bare show building, and we were specifically looking right at it.

Yes, they have done some painting, but no-one is going to mistake that for anything but a backstage area and show building. It's not like Thunder or Space Mountains which are themed 360 degrees.
Agreed. From the parking lot, it's obvious that it's a show building sticking out the back of the mountain. It's too bad. Just finish it up Disney!

p.s. - I've only seen the Yeti in A-mode....of course I've only been on the ride twice, but I still consider myself lucky.

downwitheisner

I have to say, unlike other people in this thread, I don't think this paint job is very effective because neither myself or my family noticed the village scene when we were there in March. what we saw was a bare show building, and we were specifically looking right at it.

I would have to agree. My entire party of 10 people back in January just thought it was an ugly-looking industrial wall. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a village until this thread.

tirian

I would have to agree. My entire party of 10 people back in January just thought it was an ugly-looking industrial wall. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a village until this thread.

It looks like a pueblo village. The Three Caballeros now have an attraction at DAK, too. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom