Expedition Everest effects status watch

Epcot_Imagineer

They did test an alternate profile and it did work but as posted above in order to continue to use this new program there still needs to be some repairs done to the animatronic.

I was unaware of the alternate profile for some reason... is there a post by an insider you can point me to? I'd love to throw it in my Yeti summary post.

The mountain itself has a nice lighting package. I recently learned from a Joe Rohde Instagram post that the lighting package mimics how sunsets on the himalayan mountains look by having the colors change from reds and oranges as the sun sets to blues and purples after the sundown.

I was just about to say something about his post until I saw this! The lighting is incredible to have thought of. I'll link the picture here so those interested can see.

TrainsOfDisney

As a side note I’m at Disneyland and from riverboat and train there is a large eagles nest with 2 baby eagles and a full size eagle AA. The adult eagles wings and moth move, and the baby eagles both move some. This eagle nest is not covered and is totally exposed to all elements and the effect is working good. Crazy that they can’t make a bird on a stick move up and down.... also craft that is all that could be afforded.

Castle Cake Apologist

meanwhile at Calico Rapids at Knott's Berry Farm CA. a perfectly working yeti in a cave with no disco ball is fully operational
It's embarrassing when Knotts has attractions that have more magic than Disney. They could've built a fixed Yeti every year by now if they gave a damn.

Are you really trying to compare the two figures? The yeti on Calico River is a limited motion figure at best. It leans forward and moves its head up and down. Not sure how you think the two are in any way comparable.

Last edited:

Bleed0range

FYI, you’re answering a question from 12 years ago. The yeti was also not causing damage to the structure of the mountain. And since it’s a story I’m guessing you’ve read, the yeti can also rather easily be removed from the mountain and has been removed from the mountain in the past without closing the ride.

I thought it was stated the Yeti could not be removed without taking the mountain apart. When has the Yeti ever been removed?

Communicora

Premium Member
I am here for my first trip in about 10 years. I feel like the yeti is less visible than before. Maybe the strobe lights were toned down. Honestly, the piles of hair ties that litter the top of Everest bother me more than the disco yeti.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
With not a lot expected to be announced for AK at D23, and the crowds at Pandora likely to begin to start to dissipate as the three new rides come online at HS, what are the chances that they announce a lengthy refurb for Expedition Everest that includes fixing the yeti in time for the 50th? Would certainly garner a lot of cheers from the D23 crowd...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I might be mis-remembering, but I could have sworn that years ago there were a day or two when the Yeti AA itself was under a scrim/removed during daytime operations, not the third shift. I feel like I remember even seeing an image of the Yeti encounter scene behind a scrim wall... Is my mind just playing tricks on me? @Master Yoda, @marni1971?
I don’t recall a photo but yes it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom