Expedition Everest effects status watch

BiffyClyro

I haven't been to Disney World in a few years and i'm going again this summer thank god... As a result i've not really been on here as much as I did back then but it never surprises me when I see this bloody thread still alive. Shame. Such a good ride if the Yeti actually worked.

G00fyDad

I've spoken to some very reliable inside sources. They said Everest would be rethemed into a western Lone Ranger theme, the Yeti replaced by a Johnny Depp AA cause that will never fail to take a swipe at you.

bowing.gif

jrogue

Does the Yeti move more than just trying to reach towards you? My sister and I went on at night on Tuesday and it seemed like the Yeti's right arm was moving up and down grabbing towards the people. Is there more it's supposed to do/is the arm range of motion more than what we saw?

(We rode it Tuesday night at around 9pm during the lightning storm. Definitely made the ride a bit spooky :) Apparently the lightning storm wasn't close enough for the ride to be shut down yet, but they did warn us it could happen at any moment.)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does the Yeti move more than just trying to reach towards you? My sister and I went on at night on Tuesday and it seemed like the Yeti's right arm was moving up and down grabbing towards the people. Is there more it's supposed to do/is the arm range of motion more than what we saw?

(We rode it Tuesday night at around 9pm during the lightning storm. Definitely made the ride a bit spooky :) Apparently the lightning storm wasn't close enough for the ride to be shut down yet, but they did warn us it could happen at any moment.)
Yes. At 34:20 in the video below you will see his fill range of motion.

G00fyDad

Nope. Not moving. Unfortunately.... :( It initially DID move.

G00fyDad

The steam has never been "broken," per say. It just makes the load area incredibly hot, so sometimes it's shut off to keep the Cast Members from dying of heat stroke.

I thought that was a myth made up by the same people who still say that the Yeti has always been the way it is now. How can something that pushes out so little steam make things so hot? (Keep in mind, I really don't have a clue how that thing even works. ;) )

Daveeeeed

I thought that was a myth made up by the same people who still say that the Yeti has always been the way it is now. How can something that pushes out so little steam make things so hot? (Keep in mind, I really don't have a clue how that thing even works. ;) )
There's a furnace near the load area that is hidden from view which makes and pumps steam into a pipe that ends under the track under the funnel on the train when it loads people. All it is is literally the steam, not the steam actually being made, sp any heat would be from the steam at the back.

Daveeeeed

The steam has never been "broken," per say. It just makes the load area incredibly hot, so sometimes it's shut off to keep the Cast Members from dying of heat stroke.
Do you know when it was last in operation though? I went in early January and it was off too, I don't believe it ever was hotter than the mid 80's.

Castle Cake Apologist

No, definitely not a myth. It's a real boiler making real steam, so it's very hot. Why they didn't just use a fog maker to simulate steam I'll never understand.

Castle Cake Apologist

Do you know when it was last in operation though? I went in early January and it was off too, I don't believe it ever was hotter than the mid 80's.

As I said, it comes and goes. It could have been in operation today and not yesterday. There's really no way to answer your question, because it's not a broken effect that's been off for a certain amount of time. It literally varies day to day, sometimes even hour to hour.

Castle Cake Apologist

There's a furnace near the load area that is hidden from view which makes and pumps steam into a pipe that ends under the track under the funnel on the train when it loads people. All it is is literally the steam, not the steam actually being made, sp any heat would be from the steam at the back.

I'm not sure I completely understand your post. Steam by definition is hot and raises humidity levels, the boiler making it has nothing to do with the effect being turned off for making the load area too hot. Though, the boiler doesn't help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom