Expedition Everest effects status watch

Brad Bishop

It's hard enough to get a decent pic of him, let alone one of him removed from the mountain

Sounds like something you'd hear from a History channel show like, "Finding Bigfoot":
"You can see in this grainy photo that Bigfoot was here at one time but has since vanished. Thus PROOF that Bigfoot exists!"

Doug Means

That is the million dollar question. My guess is they have no incentive to fix it. It is the busiest ride in the park and the broken Yeti has not stopped anyone from riding it.
but the question to me is...if the yeti was fixed would it bring even more riders? it doesn't stop people from enjoying it but would it make them talk more, and word would get out, and more would come, and everyday would be like Christmas.

Doug Means

Can it handle more riders? It is already running at capacity. Line is already long enough. It doesn't need more.
what exactly is full capacity? i've been there a few times where the wait was near nothing (8 min), or they weren't running as many trains as they could. any rate i understand what you are saying. i'm really just being more tongue and cheek to the situation and can't believe that it hasn't been fixed or that Disney hasn't had more to say to help us who care about it so much.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Sounds like something you'd hear from a History channel show like, "Finding Bigfoot":
"You can see in this grainy photo that Bigfoot was here at one time but has since vanished. Thus PROOF that Bigfoot exists!"
I love Finding Bigfoot. :D Actually, if they do a Finding Bigfoot tie-in, they could have one of the hunters replace the yeti and yell "WE MISSED HIM!" as you pass him(I'll see myself out now.....)

G00fyDad

what exactly is full capacity? i've been there a few times where the wait was near nothing (8 min), or they weren't running as many trains as they could. any rate i understand what you are saying. i'm really just being more tongue and cheek to the situation and can't believe that it hasn't been fixed or that Disney hasn't had more to say to help us who care about it so much.

There is no ROI for fixing it right now, if ever. The only thing that will spur them to fix the Yeti is if someone finally starts really caring about the "show" in the parks again.

RobotWolf

I think it's the entire scene that needs to be "fixed." Otherwise, it is a very disappointing build up to what is one highly-machined dark ride "Boo" gag that is very underwhelming even when it is 100% functional. There are many ways they could have ended that experience. But they went with the spiritual descendant of the ending from Mr. Toad.

FoodRockz

I think it's the entire scene that needs to be "fixed." Otherwise, it is a very disappointing build up to what is one highly-machined dark ride "Boo" gag that is very underwhelming even when it is 100% functional. There are many ways they could have ended that experience. But they went with the spiritual descendant of the ending from Mr. Toad.

Toad definitely did it better.

NearTheEars

image.jpeg

I know this isn't rare, but these guys have been up there for about 20 minutes. Happened right after we got off. PS bird on a stick was not working.

Best thing was my wife's choice of shirt today.

image.jpeg

MerlinTheGoat

Rode on Friday the 13th. Steam (at least a little) was working, both waterfalls were working. Obviously no yeti. Right after I got off, it broke down, glad I didn't get stuck on it.

Incomudro

Rode the ride last week and both waterfalls were working.

Ran into Joe Rhode in the lobby of the AK Lodge where we were staying the other week and I got to shake his hand and say hello to him.
He was very nice, and enjoyed being recognized - I paid him a compliment on AK of course!
My sons told me I should ask him about the Yeti if we were to run into him again. (We didn't, though we did see him again giving a tour of sorts to some people over at Rivers of Light.)
Anyway, I explained to my sons that I wouldn't ambush Mr. Rhode with such a question anyway.
Maybe if we had a long discussion though...

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Rode the ride last week and both waterfalls were working.

Ran into Joe Rhode in the lobby of the AK Lodge where we were staying the other week and I got to shake his hand and say hello to him.
He was very nice, and enjoyed being recognized - I paid him a compliment on AK of course!
My sons told me I should ask him about the Yeti if we were to run into him again. (We didn't, though we did see him again giving a tour of sorts to some people over at Rivers of Light.)
Anyway, I explained to my sons that I wouldn't ambush Mr. Rhode with such a question anyway.
Maybe if we had a long discussion though...
From what I've heard, the yeti is a very soft spot for Joe.

Seabasealpha1

I've often wondered why they don't build/reconfigure the old yeti/replace it with a new yeti in a different position or pose or action. If they made it so he would just lean over some rocks and bellow mightily instead of swiping down...or maybe raising both arms up in the air while roaring (with full body motion of course)...anything to scare the crap outta people...without such extreme stresses...?

Anyone know where I"m going with this line of thought?

Marc Davis Fan

I've often wondered why they don't build/reconfigure the old yeti/replace it with a new yeti in a different position or pose or action. If they made it so he would just lean over some rocks and bellow mightily instead of swiping down...or maybe raising both arms up in the air while roaring (with full body motion of course)...anything to scare the crap outta people...without such extreme stresses...?

Anyone know where I"m going with this line of thought?

So, like the Garner Holt animatronics in Matterhorn Bobsleds?

Those are indeed excellent (and surprisingly scary!), and although it would not be as intense as the swiping motion, it would be a lot better than a static figure. I really hope that if they can't fix the current yeti animatronic, they at least consider swapping it out for something like those (but larger!).

Speaking of comparisons with Matterhorn, I think the new "behind ice" effect there is a great improvement on the "shadow" scene in EE. Might something like that be able to be swapped in as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom