Expedition Everest effects status watch

Matthew

forgive me for asking but as somebody who visited AK in I believe August 1998 and then not again until 2015... I do not have a particular memory about this Yeti...... does it really make much of a difference to the ride experience?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
forgive me for asking but as somebody who visited AK in I believe August 1998 and then not again until 2015... I do not have a particular memory about this Yeti...... does it really make much of a difference to the ride experience?
Not really. The arm swinging out is cool, but I'd rather have him not moving and not crush us, then have him swing out and fall on us

mergatroid

He's trying to say that he only visited once since EE opened. In 2015. The last time he had been at Disney world was in 1998 way before Expedition Everest opened. And because his only trip was in 2015 and he could only view the yeti in B mode he's asking if A mode really made that much of a difference.

Ah ok, my bad for misunderstanding and apologies all round. For me 95% of the Everest ride has always been the actual train ride and views from the mountain. The Yeti working or not only makes up 5% of the enjoyment but I realise that I'm in the minority here.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Ah ok, my bad for misunderstanding and apologies all round. For me 95% of the Everest ride has always been the actual train ride and views from the mountain. The Yeti working or not only makes up 5% of the enjoyment but I realise that I'm in the minority here.
I would rate it at even less. I saw it when it was actually working, and while a cool deal, you only saw it for about 1/2 second. Yes, it should be working, but it only detracts a minor bit from the ride itself. Of course, JMHO. And naysayers, please read. I said it should be working, and is disgraceful that it isn't, but it doesn't make the ride that much less enjoyable.

mergatroid

I would rate it at even less. I saw it when it was actually working, and while a cool deal, you only saw it for about 1/2 second. Yes, it should be working, but it only detracts a minor bit from the ride itself. Of course, JMHO. And naysayers, please read. I said it should be working, and is disgraceful that it isn't, but it doesn't make the ride that much less enjoyable.

Yes I've seen it working too and my initial thought was "Is that it". I've always thought that for the money and the suspense they try to build it would be much better in a spot where you pass slowly so you can actually appreciate it rather than just see a blur.

Matthew

I'm getting the impression then that it's a huge disappointment that something that cost a lot broke very quickly but that I'm not actually missing much in terms of ride experience lol

Doug Means

I'm getting the impression then that it's a huge disappointment that something that cost a lot broke very quickly but that I'm not actually missing much in terms of ride experience lol
you're probably right, but i guess we will not know what were missing until its fixed again. those who actually remember what it was like before the breakdown know i guess, but it was so long aga its hard to believe their memories can be trusted. i just want it fixed so i can judge for myself how great an experience it makes...i like the ride as it is now - it could only make it better, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom