Expedition Everest effects status watch

Brickcity Pauly

Possible. This was the first time I ever even saw it at all, as my first time on EE last year, I didn't even notice it. Rushing past it certainly gave it the feel of it moving though.

NormC

It was hard to tell in the dark...but yes, the shadowy figure appeared to take a large swipe at us.
Not shadowy at all. Huge and furry. If it was dark it was not most likely not moving. If it was fixed there would have been hoopla to go along with it. It would be a gala event.

KRAKENvsMANTA

Was there on Sunday. The dark and shadowy figure was just that: too dark and too shadowy to notice him. When compressed with the speed at which you're flying by him, he's basically non-existent to the average guest.

novawildcat18

^ Not to beat a dead horse, but if you've ever seen him in his full, working, A-mode, disco-less glory, you'd notice him. It was terrifying to ride full speed ahead right underneath him, it literally looked like he was going to whack the train off the tracks.

Chef Mickey

Was there on Sunday. The dark and shadowy figure was just that: too dark and too shadowy to notice him. When compressed with the speed at which you're flying by him, he's basically non-existent to the average guest.
There was no mistaking him before....trust me. They've significantly downplayed him now since he's broken.

mergatroid

I never thought it was that great when it was in its orginal working order really. I'm sure it was, however I always felt that you passed it so fast that you didn't actually have enough time to see it properly or appreciate it. Maybe had we passed it at a slower speed, then it would have been a big loss in 'disco mode'. As it is, it really takes nothing away from the ride for me though I realise I'm in the minority on here.

MKCP 1985

The presence of the bird as you are stalled at the top signals a bad omen. The absence of the bird signals bad execution of the attraction's details. Irony

Phil12

I never thought it was that great when it was in its orginal working order really. I'm sure it was, however I always felt that you passed it so fast that you didn't actually have enough time to see it properly or appreciate it. Maybe had we passed it at a slower speed, then it would have been a big loss in 'disco mode'. As it is, it really takes nothing away from the ride for me though I realise I'm in the minority on here.
I agree with you. In "A" mode, the Yeti was not fearsome at all because you knew the thing was working as it was designed. You knew that it was perfectly safe. Now, since the Yeti is defective, who knows what could happen. Nets had to be erected to keep the limbs from the Tree of Life from falling on the guests. The fear factor on EE has gotten more intense now that an arm or a leg could drop off the Yeti at any moment while the coaster screams by at high speed. We all know how TWDC has cut back on maintenance. Knowledgeable fans who keep up with all the WDW minutia realize that true thrill seekers love the disco Yeti.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom