Expedition Everest effects status watch

NeonNinja

When I saw it last week (twice on the morning of Wednesday, 5/8), it looked like there was some slight movement in the Yeti's hand (the one closest to the cars) -- nothing dramatic, just a gentle flexing. He was better lighted, too -- no flashing strobe, just very dimly lit with a steady light -- was it just a trick of his fur blowing in the breeze or the angle of my ride vehicle as it passed, or is there some minimal movement there? It's so hard to tell when you only get a flash-in-the-pan glance...
It was a little windy that day. But I went on it that day also and it was back to flashing so I'm not sure but it did look like it was waving a bit as it was going by. But when its not flashing that means it was in A mode hmm I wonder if there trying to fix it.

Kman101

Maybe they're just messing with the lighting and very very slight movement (probably not likely as much as I hope it I'm right) to see what works or what they can do.

It's so irritating that they have a plan to fix it while the ride could remain operational. Soooo cheap.

Cesar R M

Maybe they're just messing with the lighting and very very slight movement (probably not likely as much as I hope it I'm right) to see what works or what they can do.

It's so irritating that they have a plan to fix it while the ride could remain operational. Soooo cheap.
I still wonder why they dont fix it at night.. make the fixing in batches!

DVCPluto

I wonder if anyone from Disney seen this thread? Good grief - it was started in 2007 and there are still problems with the Yeti?? Anyone know why these issues have not been addressed? Please tell me it's more than just money. please.

saw it sunday. did NOT move. but was lit enough to see, kinda in the did i see it or did i not in the Yeti mindset of is it real or not. i guess that is the idea. It honestly was enough. i do not go enough to nit pick it. it was enough for a quick whoa what is that and that is the idea. yes better if it pops and scares like the dino in dinosaur but its the elusive yeti so....

Mista C

saw it sunday. did NOT move. but was lit enough to see, kinda in the did i see it or did i not in the Yeti mindset of is it real or not. i guess that is the idea. It honestly was enough. i do not go enough to nit pick it. it was enough for a quick whoa what is that and that is the idea. yes better if it pops and scares like the dino in dinosaur but its the elusive yeti so....

Same for me last week. The ride itself is still insanely awesome, so I did not mind the condition of the Yeti. But it was pretty dark when we went by him (I rode it twice back-to-back). I could see him but only quickly and not all that well. Adds to the mystery I guess...

lnsemsf

I just saw the bird on a stick working for the first time in years. I was here last week and he was not there. Is this intermittent or did it just get fixed?

lnsemsf

Wow - I think that's been down for years.
I've not seen it work in at least 3-4 years I'd say. I was just telling my friend about all the broken or shut off effects that were there when it opened, then all of the sudden right as we were about to drop back he popped out and flew up. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't sure if I just have had bad luck with that working or if it had in fact been gone for all those years.

fractal

I've not seen it work in at least 3-4 years I'd say. I was just telling my friend about all the broken or shut off effects that were there when it opened, then all of the sudden right as we were about to drop back he popped out and flew up. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't sure if I just have had bad luck with that working or if it had in fact been gone for all those years.

For all the ridicule this effect gets, I liked it and missed seeing it on our last few trips.

Tom Morrow

Not that anyone really cares about this, but the prayer flags in that picture are also new. Recently they have been completely faded and were worn down to scraps. Maybe the ride is finally getting some love?

Last edited:

Nic

Can someone explain what the bird effect is? I've watched a couple videos of it in 2006 and I see nothing but a bird semi-coming out of the mountain ...

Nic

Can someone explain what the bird effect is? I've watched a couple videos of it in 2006 and I see nothing but a bird semi-coming out of the mountain ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom