Expedition Everest effects status watch

WDWNooby

We saw no Yeti whatsoever during our trip as the entire ride was down the day (Saturday, December 15) we went to Animal Kingdom. We tried to ride in the morning to no avail.

Tom Morrow

The bamboo is replanted I think. It's just not grown in yet. It will take a year or so to get back to the height and density we were used to.

Someone who goes to the parks more often than I can confirm.
It has not been replanted. The remaining, sparse bamboo trees you see were the only ones not cut down. The ride is still barren with large patches of blank ground where lush bamboo tree patches and vegetation used to be.

Tom Morrow

"The remaining, sparse bamboo trees you see were the only ones not cut down." Umm I thought you said this?
Yes. A SMALL PORTION of the bamboo trees were not cut down. Maybe 1/5th of what was once there remains. The rest has been replaced with magical mulch, dirt, and barren ground, AKA a couple of small shrubs but mostly nothing at all.

Bairstow

Does anyone have any information about the BGM loop used for the queue?
I'm especially interested to know the name of the melody that starts at 7:20

Clever Name

How's my favorite Disco Yeti doing? The only reason I'm all for Avatar is so Expedition Everest can go down for a refurb to restore it to it's former glory!
Until they perform the needed exploratory work, they don't know if it can be fixed. After the evaluation they may find that it's not within the realm of safety and cost to fix the Yeti. On a brighter note, they may find that the Yeti can be fixed. If that's the case, it's going to be very expensive. The Yeti foundation is just like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to find until you open it up.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Until they perform the needed exploratory work, they don't know if it can be fixed. After the evaluation they may find that it's not within the realm of safety and cost to fix the Yeti. On a brighter note, they may find that the Yeti can be fixed. If that's the case, it's going to be very expensive. The Yeti foundation is just like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to find until you open it up.
Wrong.

They know what's wrong and exactly how it can be fixed without taking the attraction down.

Kind of like the missing lasers in Dinosaur. People will still pay to ride it.

Clever Name

Wrong.

They know what's wrong and exactly how it can be fixed without taking the attraction down.

Kind of like the missing lasers in Dinosaur. People will still pay to ride it.
Of the several current "fixes" they have in mind, only one will return the current Yeti to full motion. And, as I said, that fix may not be possible. As with anything this uncertain, they have several contingent options to consider. The current option they've elected to take is to leave it alone for the time being. All things considered, I think that makes the most sense.

Safety, cost and redesign are all important. Obviously, just returning the Yeti to its original state is asking for another quick failure.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Of the several current "fixes" they have in mind, only one will return the current Yeti to full motion. And, as I said, that fix may not be possible. As with anything this uncertain, they have several contingent options to consider. The current option they've elected to take is to leave it alone for the time being. All things considered, I think that makes the most sense.

Safety, cost and redesign are all important. Obviously, just returning the Yeti to its original state is asking for another quick failure.
Id be surprised if it ever went back to opening day quality.

But two options would offer a similar experience. Cost or difficulty shouldn't be the overbidding factor. It didn't used to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom