Expedition Everest effects status watch

chaggy102

Can anybody help with yeti updates..Our trip to the world is only 6 days away and we would love to have a working yeti!!!!!!!!

Last I knew it was stuck in C mode...we probably won't see the Yeti in A mode until they either shut the ride down for a lengthy rehab or have another yeti ready which would also cause EE to be down for a length of time.

chaggy102

A= Full Yeti-Movement, theatrical colored lights, swinging arm, etc.

B= Partial to no Yeti Movement, dark cave, strobe light flickers to mimic Yeti-movement, fans occasionally blow Yeti's fur.

c = NO movement at all, and strobes barely show Yeti, most people do miss it if they don't know what to look for.

EpcotServo

I've said this a million times, this "B2" or "C" mode is pure MYTH. The show was programmed with TWO modes and TWO modes only, A Show and B Show. Anything different, such as different lighting, limited movement (Also myth, but whatever.) is because that particular effect/thing has been turned on/off by Maintenance/WDI/Whoever is working on the Yeti at the time.

Let me be PERFECTLY clear ONE more time.

A SHOW:
Yeti Movement, Show Lights

B SHOW:
No Yeti Movement, B Show Lights (AKA STROBES), and Fans.

Now the fans may be off, or some extra light might be turned on, or (Impossibly) the Yeti might be moving, but that does NOT mean it's another "Mode". It just means something is different that day.

I swung by yesterday and here's the goings ons:

-Steam: Working, but not too much.
-Waterfall A: Working
-Waterfall B: Not Working
-Peak Fog: OFF
-Broken Trestle Fog: OFF
-Bird: Not Working
-Shadow of the Yeti: Working
-Yeti: B SHOW

Plus (To my fear) had a fun time waiting a few seconds in the cold of Shadow of the Yeti. Track Switch switched to outgoing, Boosters turned on, but the Brakes didn't release.

THANKFULLY they released a few moments later and we got rolling, but Everest scares me like that these days, even though I've been on it a thousand-some times.
:lol:

As an aside to all Expedition Everest Fans- Be sure to spend some time in Serka Zong Bazzar, there is tons of AMAZING new stylish merchandise, the best yet I think. Some of which will be sitting under my tree this year! :sohappy:

wvdisneyfamily

I've said this a million times, this "B2" or "C" mode is pure MYTH. The show was programmed with TWO modes and TWO modes only, A Show and B Show. Anything different, such as different lighting, limited movement (Also myth, but whatever.) is because that particular effect/thing has been turned on/off by Maintenance/WDI/Whoever is working on the Yeti at the time.

Let me be PERFECTLY clear ONE more time.

A SHOW:
Yeti Movement, Show Lights

B SHOW:
No Yeti Movement, B Show Lights (AKA STROBES), and Fans.

Now the fans may be off, or some extra light might be turned on, or (Impossibly) the Yeti might be moving, but that does NOT mean it's another "Mode". It just means something is different that day.

I swung by yesterday and here's the goings ons:

-Steam: Working, but not too much.
-Waterfall A: Working
-Waterfall B: Not Working
-Peak Fog: OFF
-Broken Trestle Fog: OFF
-Bird: Not Working
-Shadow of the Yeti: Working
-Yeti: B SHOW

Plus (To my fear) had a fun time waiting a few seconds in the cold of Shadow of the Yeti. Track Switch switched to outgoing, Boosters turned on, but the Brakes didn't release.

THANKFULLY they released a few moments later and we got rolling, but Everest scares me like that these days, even though I've been on it a thousand-some times.
:lol:

As an aside to all Expedition Everest Fans- Be sure to spend some time in Serka Zong Bazzar, there is tons of AMAZING new stylish merchandise, the best yet I think. Some of which will be sitting under my tree this year! :sohappy:

Thanks for the explanation. When we got home a couple of years ago (maybe the first summer EE was open), I saw this weird charge from a place called the Serka Zong Bazzar and I was really worried about why this was on statement. :lol:

wvdisneyfamily

A= Full Yeti-Movement, theatrical colored lights, swinging arm, etc.

B= Partial to no Yeti Movement, dark cave, strobe light flickers to mimic Yeti-movement, fans occasionally blow Yeti's fur.

c = NO movement at all, and strobes barely show Yeti, most people do miss it if they don't know what to look for.

Thanks! :wave:

goodtimes5286

I dont understand why they cant just do what they do at universal/islands of adventure!

Every night a different group of workers comes in and touches up paint, checks and makes ride adjustments, makes sure everything is spotless, etc. If Disney did this then I wouldn't be uber ed off everytime I rode Splash Mountain (I still remember the ride when the origonal entrance was a passage way right next to where the log flume drops for the last time). It's soooo unkempt now its almost unbearible.

This would also eliminate ride downtimes, and help employ a larger work force (good for the economy). Anyone (or most people) who hold shares in Disney have got to have some sort of love for it, so even if they don't get another million dollars from there shares, atleast they'd have a kept up park that hasn't changed from the first time it opened.

....Just my couple of pennies....

Ralphlaw

Economics 101

Companies never never never want to have too many employees. The smart employer balances the marginal benefit of each added employee against the cost of that employee. For example, if an employee costs you $8 per hour but you only get $4 per hour benefit from him, then he shouldn't be hired. Similarly, impeccable looks on an attraction may be worth a tiny bit more, but decent looks are often good enough to prevent it from looking too shabby and turning away the vast majority of paying visitors.

Disney could easily hire an extra 100 cleaners for the parks at an approximate cost of $800 per hour of operation ( $8 per hour times 100 workers equals $800 per hour). But would the incremental improvement in cleaning justify the additional $800 per hour of employee costs? And would enough extra visitors pay to get in because the park is a smidgeon more clean? Probably not.

By the way, employment is good for the economy, and so is a balanced federal budget. Would you be willing to hire a personal part-time servant at $100 per week, or pay an extra $1,000 to Uncle Sam, to improve the economy? It's always easy to say someone else should pitch-in to improve the overall outlook, but harder to do when you are the one paying the bill.

Just like it's easy for AL Gore to say we pollute too much while he heats and cools his huge mansion and flies in luxury jets all over the country. Oh well, I digress. Boy do I digress. This has nothing to do with Yetis.

Ralphlaw

Economics 101

Companies never never never want to have too many employees. The smart employer balances the marginal benefit of each added employee against the cost of that employee. For example, if an employee costs you $8 per hour but you only get $4 per hour benefit from him, then he shouldn't be hired. Similarly, impeccable looks on an attraction may be worth a tiny bit more, but decent looks are often good enough to prevent it from looking too shabby and turning away the vast majority of paying visitors.

Disney could easily hire an extra 100 cleaners for the parks at an approximate cost of $800 per hour of operation ( $8 per hour times 100 workers equals $800 per hour). But would the incremental improvement in cleaning justify the additional $800 per hour of employee costs? And would enough extra visitors pay to get in because the park is a smidgeon more clean? Probably not.

By the way, employment is good for the economy, and so is a balanced federal budget. Would you be willing to hire a personal part-time servant at $100 per week, or pay an extra $1,000 to Uncle Sam, to improve the economy? It's always easy to say someone else should pitch-in to improve the overall outlook, but harder to do when you are the one paying the bill.

Just like it's easy for AL Gore to say we pollute too much while he heats and cools his huge mansion and flies in luxury jets all over the country. Oh well, I digress. Boy do I digress. This has nothing to do with Yetis.

PhilharMagician

I dont understand why they cant just do what they do at universal/islands of adventure!

Every night a different group of workers comes in and touches up paint, checks and makes ride adjustments, makes sure everything is spotless, etc. If Disney did this then I wouldn't be uber ed off everytime I rode Splash Mountain (I still remember the ride when the origonal entrance was a passage way right next to where the log flume drops for the last time). It's soooo unkempt now its almost unbearible.

This would also eliminate ride downtimes, and help employ a larger work force (good for the economy). Anyone (or most people) who hold shares in Disney have got to have some sort of love for it, so even if they don't get another million dollars from there shares, atleast they'd have a kept up park that hasn't changed from the first time it opened.

....Just my couple of pennies....

The fact the Yetti is not working in not as simple as fixing Brer Rabbit who is not hopping or painting a show scene. This a major structural defect and Imagineering has been working on a solution to the problem. The sheer force of the Yetti AA has stressed the steel stucture to the point of possible failure. I know I rather see the Yetti with strobe light then end up with a 2000 lb machine in may lap at 40 MPH. I do hope he is fixed soon!

BTW your $8.00 per hour worker is probably costing WDC $16.00 - $20.00 to employ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom