Expedition Everest effects status watch

Kriszee1

The strobe effect was still going yesterday (11/11/07) when I rode - it's kind of disappointing, since you really don't get to see as much of the Yeti. They did such an amazing job on the Yeti that you shouldn't have to miss out on him! :shrug:

I went on EE for the first time on Thursday Nov 8th. I was utterly disappointed. Only a strobe effect in the last room. I thought it was a joke that this was supposed to be the #1 thing to do in WDW. When I got off, I could not believe I was so excited about such a crappy ride. :mad:

prberk

I rode it on November 5, and it must have been in B mode at least, because I never even saw the Yeti. I had forgotten where to look for him, but I was looking. I am sure he was there, but without the movement I just missed him.

Also, I hate the choppiness of the animated shadow sequence that appears on the wall in front of you at one point. This visual animation should not be choppy at Disney, of all places.

Paul

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Reports from the last few days:

- neither waterfall running
- no bird
- yeti in something that didnt even look like B mode - very very dark, tiny amount of strobe
- steam was running in the station

leobloom

with all the bigwigs converging on wdw, it'd be nice if they could stroll over to EE and see how this E-ticket has been running an inferior show for weeks now.

maybe they'd decide to fix their "new" E-ticket before they decide to overfill their plates with the impending "big plans".

On 11-16-07 the Yeti was in A show until around 2pm, they wanted everything working for Oriental land companys walk through, they have been spending time at Everest all week they really want this attraction for Tokyo Disney Seas, apparently the fluid in the hydraulics keeps clogging up, and the bird has been working since Wed.

dsnyfreak

why even have the ride running at all , any ride for that matter , if all the things that make up the ride ar nor runnign to par? Doesn't that take away from the ride itself? doesn't it ruin the entire experience. I was on splach mountain a few years ago and the big splash waterfall was not running. we were splashing down with and empty run. even the water cannons were not running. that just ruins it. just shut it down if it;s not all running properly!!:mad:

rainfully

why even have the ride running at all , any ride for that matter , if all the things that make up the ride ar nor runnign to par? Doesn't that take away from the ride itself? doesn't it ruin the entire experience. I was on splach mountain a few years ago and the big splash waterfall was not running. we were splashing down with and empty run. even the water cannons were not running. that just ruins it. just shut it down if it;s not all running properly!!:mad:

Ummmm... can you imagine turnin thousands of people away just because of an effect not working? I'd rather ride with no Yeti at all than to come all the way to Florida on my vacation and not be allowed to ride just because a waterfall is down.

Things break. It happens. I don't believe I've ever been on an AA ride and had every single effect working at once.

JML42691

As brought up several times before, most of these effects are secondary effects that have no massive effect on the experience of the ride if missing, most people would not even know that they are not there unless you are a major fan (which about 80% of people are not). The only major effect that has a major effect on the outcome is the final yeti segment, and that has a backup effect which is just as good for when it is not working.

When was the most recent time that the yeti was in "A" mode, I have never seen it in "B" and would rather ride it in "A" come April.

Reports from the last few days:

- neither waterfall running
- no bird
- yeti in something that didnt even look like B mode - very very dark, tiny amount of strobe
- steam was running in the station

The bird was working Friday the 16th, and the Yeti was in A mode. Didn't see any steam and neither waterfall was working.

dsnyfreak

I guess I'm just a disney freak who is looking for perfection from the happiest place on earth and didn't realize that 80% of people are not like me!!:lol: I thought EVERYONE was a Disney fan!!:hammer:
Ummmm... can you imagine turnin thousands of people away just because of an effect not working? I'd rather ride with no Yeti at all than to come all the way to Florida on my vacation and not be allowed to ride just because a waterfall is down.

Things break. It happens. I don't believe I've ever been on an AA ride and had every single effect working at once.

my family was there nov 25th

the steam was not working
the waterfall was not working
the bird was not working
there was no mist at the top top of the mountain
and 1st time i rode it the yeti was in b mode the 2nd time there was no strobe or anything just pitch black. :shrug:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just an update:

- The bird has been spotted in the past few days.
- No water on either waterfall.
- Yeti in what looks like an even darker B mode (in some cases almost pitch black).
- No mist.
- Steam at load.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom