Expedition Everest effects status watch

TOTGuy

Just an update:

- The bird has been spotted in the past few days.
- No water on either waterfall.
- Yeti in what looks like an even darker B mode (in some cases almost pitch black).
- No mist.
- Steam at load.
From what I've heard, mist is gone for good. It was causing problems with track sensors and causing the track to be too wet. Steam was turned off this summer due to the drought and high temps.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
From what I've heard, mist is gone for good. It was causing problems with track sensors and causing the track to be too wet. Steam was turned off this summer due to the drought and high temps.

Yeah the mist was removed for a long period, but it made a return about a month ago. It has since dissapeared.

The steam at load has been running the past few weeks/days.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Great news! Glad to see him back! Hopefully he can hold together now. If anyone is there over the next few days would very much like to know if he stays in A mode.

Ashitaka

As of TODAY, the YETI was WORKING!
:D
:sohappy:Yea!!
Now pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease can it keep working at least for a week? My girlfriend and I will be going on it for the very first time on Thursday and I really want this main effect to be functioning.

crbrown24

We only go to WDW every 5 years or so and they were working on E:E the last time we went. We rode on Nov 25th and I have to say I felt really bad for my husband. He was soooooo excited to ride E:E and had watched specials on the making of the ride and spent the whole ride waiting for the Yeti. You literally had two strobe light flashes to see him and if you weren't looking directly at him to know where he was placed you missed him. I caught a slight glimpse. We pulled into the station to unload and he asked me where the Yeti was?? It sucks that Disney watered down the experience to that instead of just telling everyone there was a problem and you might want to try to ride another day. A status on the Yeti would have been nice so he wouldn't have been hugely disappointed. Truthfully I wouldn't wait longer than 30 minutes to ride that ride again after our experience and disappointment. It left a very sour taste and I have never been disappointed with Disney in any of my other trips. The core attraction of the ride was not functioning completely and they had us wait in line for it anyway. :mad:

We didn't have time in our trip to wait in line and give it another try on the chance that it might be working properly so I guess my husband can just wait another 5 years with the possiblity of another disappointment. :(

JML42691

...It sucks that Disney watered down the experience to that instead of just telling everyone there was a problem and you might want to try to ride another day. A status on the Yeti would have been nice so he wouldn't have been hugely disappointed...The core attraction of the ride was not functioning completely and they had us wait in line for it anyway...
Well, the main reason why they don't tell you that there is a problem is because it would ruin the experience of others in line around you, and was designed so that the ride itself can still remain operational and while one of the effects aren't working. I understand your disappointment, but many people (including myself) still enjoy the ride (and the status of the yeti was not necessary to my overall experience of the ride). And for somebody like your husband who had studied the ride so much, I'm sure that he enjoyed the ride anyways.

And for anybody who wants to ride this ride with little-no wait time, go near closing or during EMH, I managed to ride everest 6 times and do Dinosaur twice in about an hour. I highly recommend this.

crbrown24

I understand the problem with posting the Yeti status on the ride and that would ruin others experience but Disney could at least post the status on the web or something so you could actively seek out the information. This would not ruin anyone elses experience but would ensure that my vacation time and money are being well spent. I think if the room with the Yeti is going to be pitch black when you go through the riding public should have a way to look that up and make a choice to ride or not. From Disney's perspective I could be doing other things and spending more money in the park during the time I would not be standing in line.

I agree with some other posters I have seen that feel if an attraction is not functioning properly all of the time shut it down and make the fixes so EVERYONE can have a top notch experience, not just the few lucky people. I can't believe I read that they actually ran Splash Mountain without the waterfall.....I thing running E:E without the Yeti is just as bad. SUre it is a cool ride without it but all they do in the build up to getting on the ride is feature the Yeti. Just my opinion. :confused:

DisneyAnole

I understand the problem with posting the Yeti status on the ride and that would ruin others experience but Disney could at least post the status on the web or something so you could actively seek out the information. This would not ruin anyone elses experience but would ensure that my vacation time and money are being well spent. I think if the room with the Yeti is going to be pitch black when you go through the riding public should have a way to look that up and make a choice to ride or not. From Disney's perspective I could be doing other things and spending more money in the park during the time I would not be standing in line.

I agree with some other posters I have seen that feel if an attraction is not functioning properly all of the time shut it down and make the fixes so EVERYONE can have a top notch experience, not just the few lucky people. I can't believe I read that they actually ran Splash Mountain without the waterfall.....I thing running E:E without the Yeti is just as bad. SUre it is a cool ride without it but all they do in the build up to getting on the ride is feature the Yeti. Just my opinion. :confused:

I really think it's embarrassing for Disney that they can't keep the Yeti operational 99% of the time. The Yeti doesn't "need" to be as complicated as he apparently is since you only see him for 2 seconds--even in A mode. But he should operate as designed so that for those 2 seconds, he isn't "strobed" to look alive.

The bottom line is they shouldn't have designed an AA to star in a ride if the AA can't be operational on a consistent basis.

LoriMistress

I really think it's embarrassing for Disney that they can't keep the Yeti operational 99% of the time. The Yeti doesn't "need" to be as complicated as he apparently is since you only see him for 2 seconds--even in A mode. But he should operate as designed so that for those 2 seconds, he isn't "strobed" to look alive.

The bottom line is they shouldn't have designed an AA to star in a ride if the AA can't be operational on a consistent basis.

I have to agree with you on this.

Doombuggy13

We were there on 12/5 rode twice. No steam or mist effects, bird was working both times, only 1 waterfall working, but Yeti was in glorious A mode.
Returned on 12/10 and rode twice agin. Still no steam or mist, bird did not work either time, one waterfall working, Yeti still in A mode. Still a fantastic ride anyway you look at it.

krankenstein

I rode it twice on the 14th. The Yeti was in A mode both times I rode. However, no station steam, mist or cheap plastic bird on a stick.

Tom Morrow

Rode it tonight (it re-opened after a lengthy inspection)

Both waterfalls working
Steam at load working
No bird
The mist is probably gone forever.
Yeti was in B mode, though. That was the first time I've ever seen B mode.

Castle Cake Apologist

You guys should be more specific... there are two "A" modes and two "B" modes.

I rather like B.2 (No movement, with strobe and wind).

I think it's more dramatic.

Anyways... did anybody notice how close to the track he is now? It's scary.

You can see the boom supports in his back now though (they're bright green, lol), so... bad show.

JML42691

You guys should be more specific... there are two "A" modes and two "B" modes.

I rather like B.2 (No movement, with strobe and wind).

I think it's more dramatic.

Anyways... did anybody notice how close to the track he is now? It's scary.

You can see the boom supports in his back now though (they're bright green, lol), so... bad show.
What do you mean by 2 A's and 2 B's? Last I checked, there was only one of each, A which had theatrical lights and the Yeti swinging his arm, and B which was in the dark, used strobes, had fans blowing the fur on his body, but the Yeti didn't actually move. I think that you may be misinformed.

EpcotServo

What do you mean by 2 A's and 2 B's? Last I checked, there was only one of each, A which had theatrical lights and the Yeti swinging his arm, and B which was in the dark, used strobes, had fans blowing the fur on his body, but the Yeti didn't actually move. I think that you may be misinformed.

Yes, I think he is.

There is only two real modes, and one mode of lighting they only used for when they shot the press videos. (You know, when you see it with that huge backlight.)

Anything else you would've seen diffrently would've just been some weird lights or something on.

Castle Cake Apologist

Lol, I assure you that I'm not misinformed.

A.1= Full motion and all show lighting
A.2= Limited motion, reduced show lighting

B.1=No motion, strobe and no wind
B.2= No motion, strobe and wind.

*shrug*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom