Expedition Everest effects status watch

ctxak98

Not calling you a liar but when we were there in early February, the lighting was so damn good on the Monday we were there it appeared to be in "A" mode. When we went back the following day however, the lighting wasn't as good and he was still definitely in B or C mode.
Unless the lighting Has nothing to do with strobes or flashing lights....then It cant be "A" mode! If it was A mode the Yeti would be lit up completely!

ctxak98

HONESTLY! I think we should All maybe sign something saying we would NOT CARE if the attraction had to go down for the Yeti to be fixed! I would honestly rather have the Yeti working then the AVATAR land...And I want an Avatar land!

Killnme

I got a new student the other day and he was sick.
ME: Yeti?Yeti?Yeti?Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Yeti pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.ME: Thank you, Simone.

Jake Wilson

Lets all just agree that the Yeti has some major issues that DESERVE to be addressed, they will not be addressed to the fact you see the Yeti for a very very small fraction of the ride. Disney figures the only people who will notice are those of us who snort pixie dust. For any other noob this ride is just as "thrilling" as when the Yeti is in full motion.

Why will Disney pay top dollar to please their social media fans?

KaneMarko

Count me as one who remembers, way back when the ride was new, when the Yeti was 100% functional. Goes without saying I miss those days.

Having said all that, it's probably time we just accept the current state of the Yeti. There just doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency from Disney to fix him. For one reason or another. And maybe they don't have much motivation to do so. The ride, least from what I can tell, is still wildly popular. Doesn't seem to have been a huge dip in AK attendance, at least from what I can tell. So maybe, in their view, why spend the downtime and money to fix something that, although it needs repair, doesn't seem to be affecting sales?

Course, to folks like me, I wish they would fix him simply because I remember how awesome it was when he was working.

So it's probably time we all just accept the issue the way it is (as much as it pains me to say that). I figure, at best, they aren't going to fix him until Avatar Land is full up and operational.

THPFanatic

I was there last Sunday, and the yeti was definitely see able. I'm not sure if that is considered A mode or what, but there also was steam leaving the load area and there was no waterfall in the back of the mountain or any bird leaving the mountain.

BoarderPhreak

Sadly, because that used to be the Disney difference.
I hate to say it, but yeah... Disney didn't DO "broken."

Growing up, it was legendary that they would pressure wash the streets and sidewalks at night and there was never a single spot of gum to be found anywhere. On my last stroll through Adventureland and Frontierland... There was plenty. Now granted, back then there was ONLY the MK. But that's why you hire more people.

Scuttle

Both waterfalls working today as well as steam on trains at the load station. No mist and obviously Disco yeti, but with low lighting.

DicksonGR

Whats the point in the randomness of how they present the Yeti? Why don't they just pick a mode and stick to it? Are they trying to give the illusion that they are working on fixing the problem by constantly mixing things up ...

bigAWL

Whats the point in the randomness of how they present the Yeti? Why don't they just pick a mode and stick to it? Are they trying to give the illusion that they are working on fixing the problem by constantly mixing things up ...
Maybe it's like Star Tours. If there are 54 possible permutations (steam/fog/yeti strobe; no steam/fog/yeti dark; no steam/no fog/yeti lit; etc.; etc.) then people will ride it multiple times to try to see every one.

Tom Morrow

It could be some sort of attempt to see which version gets the least complaints/most positive response and feedback.

...but the more likely answer is that the lights burn out/stop working so it looks different.

discos

I never got to experience A mode. Last March I rode and the Yeti was hidden with a tarp. Just 2 weeks ago I rode it and like the other couple people here claimed, I would have believed it was in A mode. He moved and swooped his arm. I watched a Youtube video of A mode and he definitely wasn't in A mode when I rode last but he was moving and looking pretty good. Mind you anything is better than him being covered with a black tarp.

Doug Means

as much as i would love to see the yeti, honestly i ride the ride because i like the roller coaster. i ride it as much as i can when im there. i really would have never thought a broken down yeti would get this much press. i have never seen the yeti except in a video on you tube, and i've only seen disco yeti on one day. keep talking people...

KCL

I enjoyed the ride for the first time in January (and rode it about 7 times in a row early one morning). If I hadn't read these forums I would have been oblivious to the Yeti being in "B" mode or whatever. The coaster is great and that monster right over your head gives you plenty of shock and completes the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom