Expedition Everest effects status watch

Big C 73

I personally think it was kind of ignorant for Disney to make the Yeti unaccessible for maintenance and put it on such a vital structural support for the mountain.

At least Disco Yeti has the "B-Mode Groove" learned very well.

BiffyClyro

Was there a time when they took it out completely or did i just dream that? :D I swear in 2008/2009 for a few weeks it wasn't there.....

...Again, there is a strong possibility this was a dream :p

natatomic

They've never taken it out, but once in awhile, they'll put a scrim over it and turn the lights in the cave off, so you can't see it (or ANYTHING) at all in there.

thelookingglass

The mountain looks really dirty. All of the fake snow is covered with brown dirt and "stains" when you see it up close. Before you say that the "snow" not looking pristine is more realistic, you can tell that its not intended to look this way and is obviously just dirty and needs a good power wash. Also if you look closely at the props in the queue, they are filthy and covered with layers of dust and grime.

I guess they think "third world theming = never clean it, ever" for some reason

STITCHGEFAN

Went on Everest for the first time in Disco Yeti mode today. Such a travesty. The ride just isn't the same and it's a disgrace that so many people will never experience the real thing.

MerlinTheGoat

I think its time we let go of this thread and keep it off sticky.
Disagree completely. What purpose would taking this thread off sticky serve and why would you even want such a thing? It's not harming anyone or anything by keeping it open (well besides perhaps annoying Disney and its drones, which is a good thing). Regardless of how obviously unlikely Everest's issues are of being addressed at this point, it should at least remain even if it served no other purpose other than being a "shame on you Disney company" thread. It probably won't accomplish anything, but they still deserve the scolding and shame for their actions. Taking this thread off sticky and advising users to "let it go" accomplishes nothing besides bringing this site and its users down a little closer to the low level of fanboy drones that mindlessly accept every stupid decision Disney makes with the parks

This site is great because it allows and even encourages threads like this when there's something wrong. Now more than ever it's important to not forget and allow threads like this to die, particularly with Disney and its social media cultists constantly trying to silence any discussions like this.

Keep this thread open and on sticky until the things are fixed. Even if they never are fixed.

bigAWL

Taking this thread off sticky and advising users to "let it go" accomplishes nothing besides bringing this site and its users down a little closer to the low level of fanboy drones that mindlessly accept every stupid decision Disney makes with the parks.

If you sticky a thread about every mistake Disney has made, you wouldn't have room for anythning else. Why not reserve sticky threads for useful information that's not over six years old. How about one for MyMagic+/FP+?

Sped2424

Disagree completely. What purpose would taking this thread off sticky serve and why would you even want such a thing? It's not harming anyone or anything by keeping it open (well besides perhaps annoying Disney and its drones, which is a good thing). Regardless of how obviously unlikely Everest's issues are of being addressed at this point, it should at least remain even if it served no other purpose other than being a "shame on you Disney company" thread. It probably won't accomplish anything, but they still deserve the scolding and shame for their actions. Taking this thread off sticky and advising users to "let it go" accomplishes nothing besides bringing this site and its users down a little closer to the low level of fanboy drones that mindlessly accept every stupid decision Disney makes with the parks

This site is great because it allows and even encourages threads like this when there's something wrong. Now more than ever it's important to not forget and allow threads like this to die, particularly with Disney and its social media cultists constantly trying to silence any discussions like this.

Keep this thread open and on sticky until the things are fixed. Even if they never are fixed.

I have to disagree with that statement, we can be completely against the yeti being broken and the lack of maintenance after that without constantly having a thread that doesn't contribute much to the situation other than some of the same old disco yeti jokes. Doesn't make us fanboy's and "a scold the company" thread happens in just about every thread on this site lol so you don't have to worry about us forgetting. Sides the yeti is brought up almost constantly on other threads about it being broken, I don't think removing a dated thread is going to make people "accept" that the poor isn't working and should. I would have a little more faith in our posters on here, just don't see the point of having this thing stuck on top of the general discussion threads when other rides also have issues that don't get stuck on the top.

MerlinTheGoat

If you sticky a thread about every mistake Disney has made, you wouldn't have room for anythning else. Why not reserve sticky threads for useful information that's not over six years old. How about one for MyMagic+/FP+?
This isn't just any old mistake though like a single stationary animatronic in Small World or some chipped paint, there's a good reason that people always bring up Everest when it comes to maintenance woes. Disney built the ride's few show elements up and continue to market these elements as the main focal point and purpose of the ride (they may even still have a video of the working yeti on the official website, the building of Everest episode also continued to and may still air on Discovery long after the ride's show elements failed). There are other maintenance issues of show elements everywhere at WDW of course, but not where the one main selling point they've instilled in people's mind has been non functional for many years.

I'd say MORE threads like this should to be stickied when there's rides with massive amounts of its show elements are non-functional. Splash Mountain certainly deserved it prior to its refurbishment (there was an active thread on it at least).

As I said, this sticky should remain as a shame thread if nothing else. Useful or not, letting it go is again essentially letting Disney know we don't care anymore and they've "won", not much better than drones. And letting this thread go off a sticky will probably kill it and make it disappear. So again I say no.

FP+ deserves plenty of hate, and it gets it. Might deserve a sticky and may end up getting one once it fully starts and begins to irritate larger numbers of people. Sadly there are inevitably going to be some people who will like (or pretend to like) these new things. Improper maintenance on the other hand is something no one with a brain will actually try to defend. And Disney is trying to market it as a good thing. The only thing Disney's social media drones can do when faced with things like a broken yeti is try to downplay it or just ignore it and pretend nothing is wrong. They have no argument that broken show elements are a GOOD thing though. And you're not about to hear Disney publicly acknowledge the issues either.

I have to disagree with that statement, we can be completely against the yeti being broken and the lack of maintenance after that without constantly having a thread that doesn't contribute much to the situation other than some of the same old disco yeti jokes. Doesn't make us fanboy's and "a scold the company" thread happens in just about every thread on this site lol so you don't have to worry about us forgetting. Sides the yeti is brought up almost constantly on other threads about it being broken, I don't think removing a dated thread is going to make people "accept" that the poor isn't working and should. I would have a little more faith in our posters on here, just don't see the point of having this thing stuck on top of the general discussion threads when other rides also have issues that don't get stuck on the top.
Other rides again didn't have the massive hype the broken show elements from Everest had. And in some cases, they were fixed in a more timely manner than Everest's show problems, even Splash Mountain. Or at least have a better chance of BEING fixed. If the issues are ever addressed, then and only then should this thread be taken off sticky.

The Empress Lilly

How about we leave this thread stickied until Everest is no longer the newest E-ticket? :D

Wow, this thread went from dissapointment with the deplorable state of the shiny new megaride, to a living fossil of a thread about a rusty and dirty nearly one decade old ride.

bigAWL

How about we leave this thread stickied until Everest is no longer the newest E-ticket? :D

Wow, this thread went from dissapointment with the deplorable state of the shiny new megaride, to a living fossil of a thread about a rusty and dirty nearly one decade old ride.

Are you talking about Animal Kingdom only? Toy Story Midway Mania opened two years after EE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom