Expedition Everest effects status watch

The Empress Lilly

They have an even worser problem at the moment or at least they had 2 weeks ago. The entire DIscovery River and lagoon are experiencing are turnover of the water quality, it is smelling after foul water and dead fish all along the lagoon and river, absolutely disgusting.
Like all that floating green stuff? I tried to pretend it was part of the theming!

Here's what I saw. I did mean to ask what it was, because, for all the foul look of it, I do seem to remember reading somewhere it is just some perfectly fine algae.

29w3636.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Like all that floating green stuff? I tried to pretend it was part of the theming!

Here's what I saw. I did mean to ask what it was, because, for all the foul look of it, I do seem to remember reading somewhere it is just some perfectly fine algae.

29w3636.jpg
Blooms like this "can" be toxic. The key word being can. Since the waterways in AK are for all intents and purposes nothing more than a large retention pond and do not interact with any natural ecosystems it does not really matter if it is toxic or non-toxic bloom. That being said, it is unsightly and can smell god awful and should be dealt with. One of the better control methods would be the addition of grass carp. They will not make the problem go away overnight, but in a few years the problem will go away as long as the population is maintained.

psukardi

Source.

There have been numerous credible members on here who have debunked the "foundation" theory and have said it's more of an internal issue with the mechanics of the AA itself. Something about the torque or friction being greater than anticipated, thus destroying it from the inside out.

This is what I was told during the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Basically word for word about the torque and the internal destruction....it's never coming back. Just enjoy the ride for what it is.

janoimagine

FWIW ... rode twice last week. (10/25 I believe) No Steam, No bird on a stick, Both Waterfalls were working (which really do look beautiful when they are going), Train Barn sticks out like a sore thumb, Disco Yeti alive and well.

Here is the controversy. I was told by one CM, expect to never get any movement back because the concrete base is cracked (which has been discussed at length here) ..... then I was told by 2 additional separate CM's to expect the Yeti to go back under scrims in the next couple weeks as they continue to try and restore movement to the AA. Maybe their is hope after all.

Consequently, I stopped at GR on the way out and voiced my displeasure over the state of The Yeti, Countdown to Extinction and the nets that surround the Tree of Life ... and was offered a fast pass for Everest and Dinosaur ... I don't think the gal got my point.

AndyMagic

It has been almost 7 years since the Yeti has actually functioned. If it is too complicated (i.e. too expensive) to repair the Yeti then Disney should just give up and replace it with something else. It doesn't even have to be an animatronic. The ride is so starved for physical effects I'd be happy with an industrial fan blowing mist in my face accompanied by a loud roar. At least then we could all just move on from this nonsense and the ride would gain a much needed effect. Disney could even spin the removal of the Yeti as a "NEW EXPERIENCE." Oh wait. I just realized that producing a simple mist is also just too much work for the park to handle because of completely nonsensical reasons like "corrosion" even though every other theme park on the planet manages to introduce water effects onto all kinds of ride systems including coasters with no problems. So I guess the new effect should be even easier for Disney to pull off like maybe a 2D plastic Yeti on a stick that moves in a linear fashion above riders' heads. That should be easy enough for them to pull off.... wait a minute. Never mind.

WED99

an industrial fan blowing mist in my face accompanied by a loud roar.
What a great idea for an effect! However I don't feel it should replace the yeti. How about when you go backwards and he rips up the track? And maybe a fake snow substitute so when guests get off the ride they are covered in snow :D

Clever Name

What a great idea for an effect! However I don't feel it should replace the yeti. How about when you go backwards and he rips up the track? And maybe a fake snow substitute so when guests get off the ride they are covered in snow :D
How about that distinctive Yeti smell? Here you have an ill tempered hairy ape like creature that seems to be intent on doing you harm. I think a being such as that would smell nasty. Perhaps they could extract the smell of Beverly and pump it into the mountian.

WED99

How about that distinctive Yeti smell? Here you have an ill tempered hairy ape like creature that seems to be intent on doing you harm. I think a being such as that would smell nasty. Perhaps they could extract the smell of Beverly and pump it into the mountian.
On the matterhorn they would get Yeti smell by fanning wet blankets or cloth, something along those lines.

Spike-in-Berlin

Could anyone please list up ALL effects which are existing in EE anyways? So I know what should be working? Including all those which are not working of course, especially those who were not working for a very long time?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Could anyone please list up ALL effects which are existing in EE anyways? So I know what should be working? Including all those which are not working of course, especially those who were not working for a very long time?
Top of my head...

Steam at load
2 waterfalls
Mist in caverns at top of lift B
Mist blowing off peak
Bird on a stick
Yeti projection
Yeti Animatronic

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Top of my head...

Steam at load
2 waterfalls
Mist blowing off peak
Bird on a stick
Yeti projection
Yeti Animatronic
Do we even count the mist at the top of lift B considering that it was completely removed and not just broken?

AndyMagic

I would like to since it was removed and not replaced with an equivalent effect. It was part of the original ride design and story.

Same with the cold mist after lift B. It really added to the experience when it ran for those few weeks leading up to the opening. The ride was fairly starved for effects anyway and I always felt too much money was dumped into the huge Yeti animatronic and the pretty mountain facade. Upon opening, I still preferred Revenge of the Mummy because it was a hybrid dark ride/coaster while E.E. was just a pretty standard coaster with beautiful curtains.

Spike-in-Berlin

Top of my head...

Steam at load
2 waterfalls
Mist blowing off peak
Bird on a stick
Yeti projection
Yeti Animatronic

Thanks Martin. Ich remember, four weeks ago both waterfalls were working, the bird was there too. Yeti projection worked normally (was it ever broken?).Steam at load was NOT working however and the Yeti..well what else could he be
I never saw mist in the cavern, not even during my first ride in 2007 and I never heard or saw mist blowing of the peak.

JustInTime

Thanks Martin. Ich remember, four weeks ago both waterfalls were working, the bird was there too. Yeti projection worked normally (was it ever broken?).Steam at load was NOT working however and the Yeti..well what else could he be
I never saw mist in the cavern, not even during my first ride in 2007 and I never heard or saw mist blowing of the peak.

There has been many times when the projection has not worked. Sad because that seems like the most simple thing.

MerlinTheGoat

There has been many times when the projection has not worked. Sad because that seems like the most simple thing.
Aye. I've never ridden with it completely turned off, but several times i've ridden where the projection would work but show weird graphical glitches in places (corrupt looking colored square shapes would appear in places).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom