Expedition Everest effects status watch

IWant2GoNow

Whoa, whoa, whoa... wait...

2 Waterfalls, AND Steam???

:eek:

So do we start the pool now to see how long these last? :zipit:

Quick question... Was the steam on the mountain top or was this the missing mist from the tunnels?

Let's get that Yeti back in tip top shape! :fork:

PhilharMagician

Whoa, whoa, whoa... wait...

2 Waterfalls, AND Steam???

:eek:

So do we start the pool now to see how long these last? :zipit:

Quick question... Was the steam on the mountain top or was this the missing mist from the tunnels?

Let's get that Yeti back in tip top shape! :fork:

Hey, that was a week ago. They are probably already broken.

muse1983

Can anyone find a video with both waterfalls working? I have personally never seen this effect when it was working :shrug:

Scuttle

As far as the waterfalls I have never seen them working. The only time I seen it working was on opening day other then that I have been on plenty of times with no waterfalls. ....:shrug:

I almost forgot. Both waterfalls were flowing today, I was shocked. I haven't read this entire thread, so I don't know if there is 2 waterfalls total or not, but definitely 2 were on today!

jato4x4

I don't know if this has been posted here yet, but I was catching up on some miseed podcasts, of the Wedway and Betamouse types. I think it was on BetaMouse that said he had talked with an imagineer, and asked why this wasn't fixed yet. I forget the imagineers name also, but he said it was because they couldn't figure out how to fix it, not that there isn't funding. Like I said dont know how true this is, but seems plausible it is a very large and intricate piece of equipment.

IWant2GoNow

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but Screamscape is reporting that Mr. Yeti is now in EMOde, as in left in the dark, no lights, no fans, no motorcars... not a single luxury for our hairy friend.

I'm really disappointed in how DAK is being treated, or not being treated actually. I'm pretty sure even though I only go every other year now, I will begin ruling out DAK as a stopping point for anything. Dinosaur has plenty of broken effects, and the main story element for E:E has more changes than Lady Gaga's wardrobe. The only thing worth going there for ride-wise is the safari and it's just not worth it to me.

I used to just think the Yeti being fixed would be a big step forward, now I feel as though they just need to expand the park as much as possible. It's like PPF on a MUCH larger scale. Just rotting away with no love...

Patrick_Ears

Did anyone send a e-mail or letter to Disney asking them what is the real problem on the Yeti?

Maybe it's a cost factor..... who knows.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Did anyone send a e-mail or letter to Disney asking them what is the real problem on the Yeti?

Maybe it's a cost factor..... who knows.
More they we can count. Disney has never officially stated what was wrong or why it has not been fixed. Based on information provided by Lee it looks that the problem is a lubrication issue for the shoulder of the swinging arm. The problem was discovered very late in the construction and was thought could be handled with an increased maintenance schedule. That increased schedule was either never done or did not work. As to why it has not been fixed there are several scenarios, all of which are probably true to one degree or another. They might not have a solution as of yet, it might be too expensive, they are not willing to spend the money because most people do not notice, or they simply can not have the parks most popular attraction down for an extended period of time.

Patrick_Ears

More they we can count. Disney has never officially stated what was wrong or why it has not been fixed. Based on information provided by Lee it looks that the problem is a lubrication issue for the shoulder of the swinging arm. The problem was discovered very late in the construction and was thought could be handled with an increased maintenance schedule. That increased schedule was either never done or did not work. As to why it has not been fixed there are several scenarios, all of which are probably true to one degree or another. They might not have a solution as of yet, it might be too expensive, they are not willing to spend the money because most people do not notice, or they simply can not have the parks most popular attraction down for an extended period of time.

Thanks Richard. Yeah it was just strange not see it working anymore, yep so it is a money thing. :wave:

Rob562

A little late to post, but on 6/7 we had both waterfalls fully flowing, a decent amount of in-station steam (I've seen heavier before, though), no bird, no cave fog, no mountain mist, and Disco Yeti.

-Rob

JML42691

As of 6/28:

Waterfall A: Not-working
Waterfall B: Working
Station Steam: Working
Summit Bird: Not-working
Yeti: B-Mode (strobe only, no movement)

And these are a given:
Cave Fog: Not-working
Mountain Peak Mist: Not-working

BlackCauldron

Does anyone have an update on the statu of the mountain?? The last time I rode, the only thing I remember not working were the bird (which I have never seen - ever - not even on video), and the Yeti was doing his Saturday Night Fever dance. I'm not expecting him to ever get fixed - but are the mists and waterfalls on consistently now?

I'm actually wondering if they turn the waterfalls and mists off in the hotter summer months to conserve water in drought type situations. I know they have done that in the past. I typically visit in April/may or September/October, so I have always seen them on.

juniorthomas

As of 6/28:

Waterfall A: Not-working
Waterfall B: Working
Station Steam: Working
Summit Bird: Not-working
Yeti: B-Mode (strobe only, no movement)

And these are a given:
Cave Fog: Not-working
Mountain Peak Mist: Not-working

Wow. I don't think I've ever experienced EE with any of those things functioning. This makes my past EE experiences slightly "less than" now. Sheesh.

elfshadowreaper

I think I've only ever seen the bird pop up and then go backwards behind a rock. We've decided to avoid Animal Kingdom in the future. When they end up fixing the yeti(if ever), I'll be pumped to go back. Dinosaur and Kali River with the other little things just aren't enough to justify going in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom