Expedition Everest broken track effect removed?

Sassagoula-Rvr

I'm guessing it's not the Yeti...but if it is by some incredible luck...an unplanned trip down there after it opens may be in order...I rode EE right after it opened...Yeti in A mode made that ride the best roller coaster in the world (in my opinion). Still a nice attraction afterwards...but that thing...man...it really felt/looked like it was going to take you out of the car.

djkidkaz

I would imagine that the yeti being fixed would require the attraction to shut down and we haven't seen any dates that Everest is going down for rehab which would lead me to believe this is just exterior refurb work. But I'll keep my fingers crossed for a working yeti!

aklodge

I would imagine that the yeti being fixed would require the attraction to shut down and we haven't seen any dates that Everest is going down for rehab which would lead me to believe this is just exterior refurb work. But I'll keep my fingers crossed for a working yeti!
Someone else will have to verify, but I believe there have been reports in the past that suggested the required work could actually be completed during the overnight hours while the ride remained fully operational during the day.

slappy magoo

Great. Now they are removing "effects" on the ride that didn't even move and required no upkeep. Pretty soon the mountain "effect" will be removed too just leaving a steel track.
I thought the "broken" track did move, ever so slightly, to give the effect of being up high on Everest and wind shaking it around.

Regardless, even though no one is ever on that chunk of the ride, that doesn't mean it couldn't have some structural damage and need repairs. You're probably never on the roof of your house but that doesn't mean that it never needs fixing.

Kman101

Someone else will have to verify, but I believe there have been reports in the past that suggested the required work could actually be completed during the overnight hours while the ride remained fully operational during the day.

I believe it can be found in the Expedition Everest effects watch thread in the General Discussion board. There's apparently a plan to fix it that doesn't involve downtime for the ride, which makes it all the more frustrating that nothing's been done since 2007.

I'd love nothing more than to see the Yeti be fixed, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. At least maintenance is occuring, and the bird effect seems operational again.

Sabi

Expedition Everest, Yeti is not the only problem...
- No steam effect at load
- Second waterfall not running (near the back of the mountain)
- No bird at the track end scene... really it's not a problem... I do not like the bird
- No fog over the mountain
- No fog at the exit of the cave (my favorite effect), it was pretty chilly out, and that cold mist in the top tunnel really added to the realism...
pixiedust.gif

If you ride Everest, and can provide an update as to what is and what isnt working, please do so here. Thanks
flower3.gif

Please, we deserve that ride back in all its glory. It's the best ride of the story, after the brand new Radiator Springs Racers
love30.gif

7821566266_7c54536396_c.jpg

WDWDad13

Expedition Everest, Yeti is not the only problem...
- No steam effect at load
- Second waterfall not running (near the back of the mountain)
- No bird at the track end scene... really it's not a problem... I do not like the bird
- No fog over the mountain
- No fog at the exit of the cave (my favorite effect), it was pretty chilly out, and that cold mist in the top tunnel really added to the realism...
pixiedust.gif

If you ride Everest, and can provide an update as to what is and what isnt working, please do so here. Thanks
flower3.gif

Please, we deserve that ride back in all its glory. It's the best ride of the story, after the brand new Radiator Springs Racers
love30.gif

7821566266_7c54536396_c.jpg

What? When was the last time you rode it because the steam worked just fine yesterday

Texas84

Good to see bird on a stick back. I've missed it. But I am not riding that until the broken track gets put back. That video scared the you-know-what out of me.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
Am I missing something? The bird on a stick seemed to be stuck/broken and didn't move in the video?

Kev1417

I can only guess that Yeti won't be fixed until Avatar is open. That is assuming they have to close the ride completely to properly fix it. AK can't afford to have Everest down at it's current state of open attractions/rides. Gonna have to wait patiently.

muteki

That really is terrifying. They should leave it that way :cautious:

I can only guess that Yeti won't be fixed until Avatar is open. That is assuming they have to close the ride completely to properly fix it. AK can't afford to have Everest down at it's current state of open attractions/rides. Gonna have to wait patiently.

Yeti won't be fixed until a feature film comes out with a Yeti.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
Isn't that's why they call it "bird on a stick" ? Or are you kidding with me...
Might be my confusion. I think I missed the "bird on a stick" meaning it was broken. I haven't seen it at all in quite a while, so people referencing it being back, I just thought they were inferring that it was working.

Skip

Totally bizarre that the bird on a stick is back.

I am a bit confused, though... of all the things to refurbish/fix on Everest, they choose the broken track? I never noticed any problems with it, but, meh... kinda bad show...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom