Exclusive New Photos of Inside Everest!!

Raptorsr

so you just whip around the yeti. I had the impression it was near on of the switch tracks which switch track is the one with the destroyed track

peter11435

Raptorsr said:
so you just whip around the yeti. I had the impression it was near on of the switch tracks which switch track is the one with the destroyed track
The first switch track is the one that use see ending in a twisted mess. You then plummit backwards into the upward helix.

As for the Yeti, yes you just whip around the Yeti AA.

CTXRover

peter11435 said:
The first switch track is the one that use see ending in a twisted mess. You then plummit backwards into the upward helix.

As for the Yeti, yes you just whip around the Yeti AA.

I'm still under the impression we won't just "whip" around the yeti. So much hype and time and money has gone into this creature (the entire ride is based on it). I'm pretty positive the train is not going to stop given what everyone has said, but I do anticipate we will get a pretty decent look (by that I mean 5-10 seconds).

CTXRover

Raptorsr said:

They Yeti AA is only seen once near the end of the ride as peter pointed out. However, I do believe we will get the impression the Yeti is right on our tail several times during the ride through the use of sounds, shadows and themeatic elements (like the torn up track before heading backwards). Some in the know have also indicated that there will be some other "creatures" throughout the ride, including some type of raven or vulture at one of the switch tracks.

peter11435

CTXRover said:
I'm still under the impression we won't just "whip" around the yeti. So much hype and time and money has gone into this creature (the entire ride is based on it). I'm pretty positive the train is not going to stop given what everyone has said, but I do anticipate we will get a pretty decent look (by that I mean 5-10 seconds).
According to Lee and Yen_Sid1 you will only see the Yeti for about 5 seconds.

peter11435

CTXRover said:
They Yeti AA is only seen once near the end of the ride as peter pointed out. However, I do believe we will get the impression the Yeti is right on our tail several times during the ride through the use of sounds, shadows and themeatic elements (like the torn up track before heading backwards). Some in the know have also indicated that there will be some other "creatures" throughout the ride, including some type of raven or vulture at one of the switch tracks.
I agree. I can't wait to see the other creatures such as the vulture and goat and how they will be incorporated into the story.

Derrick

I'm off to Disney in October, will be great to see the construction. Not been since October 2003, when the construction was still at ground level. Will have to go back next year just for the ride.

CTXRover

peter11435 said:
According to Lee and Yen_Sid1 you will only see the Yeti for about 5 seconds.

That's not too bad I suppose. Its probably going to see fast the first time through and I wouldn't mind seeing it a tad bit longer. If I had to make a guess, I imagine that is probably close to how long you get to see some of the dinos in Dinosaur, even some of the ones you stop at.

MINECAR

Account Suspended
Sweet I can't wait till its open!:D

If any one has PSP and was wondering when 2.0 was coming out I just called and its 12am tonight (well I guess you can call it tomarrow lol)

OrlandoBoy

Would it be too morbid if somehow we see this 'goat' get snatched into the shadows around one corner, and then see the vulture flying over his skeleton near the twisted metal? Could be very subtle storytelling. . .but maybe too dark.

t3techcom18

OrlandoBoy said:
Would it be too morbid if somehow we see this 'goat' get snatched into the shadows around one corner, and then see the vulture flying over his skeleton near the twisted metal? Could be very subtle storytelling. . .but maybe too dark.

Well, yeah, it would be cool if they do that, it would add a scary factor to it, but yeah, with those it could turn PG-13....if the goats gets snatched into the shadows, that would be cool, but not like in Jurassic Park or something, they put the goat and then the leg flies and blood spills on ya...Disney would never go above a little PG-13 rating thing...they would scare you, like to the extent of Alien Encounter, but would never go as extreme as say Halloween Horror Nights at USF; These days, all stories are dark. Take the new version of Battlestar Galactica, the new Batman, Spider-Man, and even The Passion of the Christ. It is reality they are showing you, and nothing more. Darkness is part of life, you must have darkness with light, or else you go too much of either; and sure, Disney is happiness and goodness all around it, but it doesn't mean it can go to the Dark Side...look at ToT, AE, and even It's Tough to be a Bug. Those rides gives kids the heebiejeebies. But, the storyline is what makes it stand out and set it right, and seem on purpose, rather than just doing it for the sake of scaring peoples. If you do it on the fact that it's just for the hekc of it, it wouldn't make sense and it would drive people away. As logn as they make it in the right contexts, I'm happy. Hope that explains that.

CTXRover

Cool new animation Luke!! Its just plan awesome. Kudos!

I think there might be some more track inside the mountain after the big drop. But I'm not sure. If you look at this pic from OrlandoRocks you can see that after you re-enter the mountain after the big drop, the train takes a steep banked turn to the right instead of going straight and into the outside helices. It appears as though that banked turn will occur inside the mountain structure, but its hard to tell from that angle. So I imagine there is at least one more helix inside the mountain before it goes into the 2 outside helices....but honestly I'm just guessing. That turn may just lead right into the outside portion as well.

Lynx04

CTXRover said:

5 to 10 seconds doesn't sound like a long time when you throw the number out, but it is a very long time when you consider it part of a rollerocoaster that doesn't pause for any show scenes. Honestly, I think it will be more like 4 to 6 seconds.

Or let me put it this way, don't expect EE to imphasize show scenes the way the Mummy does. EE is a rollercoaster first and foremost, which doesn't try to intergrate show scenes the way the Mummy does. Yes they have a AA Yeti in it. But it will be more like the AA in JITTCOTE anyone that has either experienced the ride or scene video of it will know what I am talking about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom