Exclusive New Photos of Inside Everest!!

CTXRover

The_CEO said:
Expedition EVEREST

Not Expedition Yeti... ;)

True, but the entire story that drives the ride forward is about the legend of the Yeti, hence the subtitle for the ride: "Legend of the Forbidden Mountain".

The legend here is that of the Yeti, which is what really propels the story. The entire queue area will contain folk-like artistic representations of the Yeti from wood carvings to stone busts. Most of the artifacts seen in the queue will focus on evidence supposedly found by the local villagers that the Yeti is in fact real. The temple on the ride contains a large mural depicting the Yeti creature. And everything that happens to you while on the ride is more or less caused by the Yeti. Despite the fact the ride is based on Everest and probably a majority of the money went into recreating a believable mountain, the story is really propelled by that of the Yeti....be it just a creature or the symbolic nature the legend takes on...that being that nature is its own "beast" and man doesn't have the right or ability to control every aspect of it.

It doesn't really make a difference though, I just don't think we will whip around the AA that's all. When I hear that, I think of the Matterhorn and the glimpses of Harold you get on that ride. No doubt Everest's trains will continue moving past the AA, but I do think we'll get much more decent look...again about 5-10 seconds. The room that the Yeti is in is supposedly huge and you will enter the room with creature being some 100 feet away according to Rohde. So from the moment you first see it to the moment you go around it will certainly let you get a good glimpse.

mattjs

5 to 10 seconds doesn't sound like a long time when you throw the number out, but it is a very long time when you consider it part of a rollerocoaster that doesn't pause for any show scenes.

Exactly. If the train were going just 30mph it would cover that 100 ft. in just over 2 seconds. At 40mph it'd be less than 2 seconds. Unless the train pretty much slows to a stop, or circles the Yeti two or three times, it's gonna be a brief visit.

OrlandoBoy

Is it possible that where the Yeti will be seen is a brake zone? Are we sure that the outside double helix is BEFORE the Yeti encounter? It could be possible that the brake zone happens, slowing us for a look, then we make our run outside. . .I don't know.

peter11435

OrlandoBoy said:
Is it possible that where the Yeti will be seen is a brake zone? Are we sure that the outside double helix is BEFORE the Yeti encounter? It could be possible that the brake zone happens, slowing us for a look, then we make our run outside. . .I don't know.
The outside double helix is before the Yeti. As for a the train making a stop for the Yeti. Lee and Yen_Sid1 have both said the trains will not stop.

First of all-WOW that's a lot to catch up on-it took me 25 minutes to SKIM from paige 13 and not read everything!-but it's good info! also if you would send me any kind of pictures of EE you have b/c i am making . . . are you ready for it?. . . how bout now?. . . ok EXPEDITION EVEREST THE RIDE~!yes that's y i want your pictures to make sure i have everything right- and then on a second thought! how does everyone post stuff made on RCT3-i need to know in order to post it! so any pictures or info e-mail me at Schwenkietwo@hotmail.com. also any ideas on music for the ride seeing as the real music is not yet released! so please help and i will do my best!(give me some time) i have soccer every day!

MickeyMan101

ME WANT YETI PICTURES!:goodnevil

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
luke2102 said:
Actually i'm in the middle of doing a test track one.

So stay tuned for that!!!

Luke
just curious. obviously you use flash, but do you draw the elements of the swf in flash or do you draw then import form Freehand or Illustrator? i draw in FH first, then import. i dont like do anything in flash other than setting up animation.

luke2102

I do it all in flash, since i don't have illustrator or Freehand.

any way i'm going to release Test Track tomorrow.

so hope you all like it.

Luke

joel_maxwell

i truely dont see how you do it ALL in Flash........ i quess since im so used to using FH or I to draw stuff, i tried in Flash 1 time and quit due to the risk of personal injury inflicted to myself by myself :lol:

do you do a basic motion tween for the cars and the other stuff on mulitple layers.....sorry for all the questions. since i work in it frequently, i like to know how others do things as well. i may find a better way to do it.

Well this is NOT fair-where do u get the stuff? b/c you can not do it on RCT#- i am going to have to e-mail them and tell them about it! Anyway i'm kind of sad now!
MickeyMan101

joel_maxwell

MickeyMan101 said:
Well this is NOT fair-where do u get the stuff? b/c you can not do it on RCT#- i am going to have to e-mail them and tell them about it! Anyway i'm kind of sad now!
MickeyMan101
they are programs from Adobe and Macromedia. some are for vector art, some animation, and others for image manipulation. they are expensive.

i wouldnt email RCT, i promise you they know about this software because they use some sort of software to create some of the content that goes into the 3D software that creates what you play at home

Sergeant Tibbs

Is anyone else kinda dissapointed at how Everest looks from far away. I havent seen it in person so maybe im judging it too soon but it looks like a much wider mountain in the concept art...I can't explain it, it just looks tooo...steep to me. Anyone else no what im talking about. (on a side note, I wont be dissapointed with the ride, its going to be amazing:sohappy: )

ogryn

luke2102 said:
I do it all in flash, since i don't have illustrator or Freehand.

any way i'm going to release Test Track tomorrow.

so hope you all like it.

Luke

Did you do any of the stuff that was on the southparks.org forum (or thorpeparkguide.com as it was then)?

peter11435

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Is anyone else kinda dissapointed at how Everest looks from far away. I havent seen it in person so maybe im judging it too soon but it looks like a much wider mountain in the concept art...I can't explain it, it just looks tooo...steep to me. Anyone else no what im talking about. (on a side note, I wont be dissapointed with the ride, its going to be amazing:sohappy: )
Wait until it is finished. They are currently installing some rock work walls along the river banks, these with the proper landscaping will give the illusion of a wider mountain. Just give them time to finish. And trust me the mountain looks huge as it is.

There are new photos of the mountain and the entrance/village area at mousetimes.com. Just click on the link to the photo gallery, click Walt Disney World, then click Project Tracker. Click on E:E then scroll down to the 8/21/05 update.

Sergeant Tibbs

peter11435 said:
Wait until it is finished. They are currently installing some rock work walls along the river banks, these with the proper landscaping will give the illusion of a wider mountain. Just give them time to finish. And trust me the mountain looks huge as it is.

There are new photos of the mountain and the entrance/village area at mousetimes.com. Just click on the link to the photo gallery, click Walt Disney World, then click Project Tracker. Click on E:E then scroll down to the 8/21/05 update.
But you understand what i mean right? I trust you though, I imagine this thing is going to look like a monster. Thanks for the info!

peter11435

Sergeant Tibbs said:
But you understand what i mean right? I trust you though, I imagine this thing is going to look like a monster. Thanks for the info!
I understand what you are saying... I just don't agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom