Exclusive New Photos of Inside Everest!!

philwilson63122

My two cents to add to the thoughts of others, based on...

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/untitled4.jpg

...what if you are sailed out the opening on the right "off the cliffs edge" then the yeti comes at you on a track from the opening on the left projecting over the track following you as you go backward down the hill in time for a reaction photo from the camera in the ceiling at the upper right near the fluorescent light?

Thanks of course, to YenSid and Ballewclan for the photo!

Lee

Adventurer
philwilson63122 said:
...what if you are sailed out the opening on the right "off the cliffs edge" then the yeti comes at you on a track from the opening on the left projecting over the track following you as you go backward down the hill in time for a reaction photo from the camera in the ceiling at the upper right near the fluorescent light?

Interesting...but not happening.

peter11435

philwilson63122 said:
My two cents to add to the thoughts of others, based on...

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/untitled4.jpg

Thanks of course, to YenSid and Ballewclan for the photo!
Ok seriously. Not to be rude but stop trying to figure that area out. Lee, Yenside and others in the know have already stated what we are looking at in the photo. You will come in through that opening to the outside on the right. Then travel backwards into the dark tunnel seen on the left.

The_CEO

peter11435 said:
Ok seriously. Not to be rude but stop trying to figure that area out. Lee, Yenside and others in the know have already stated what we are looking at in the photo. You will come in through that opening to the outside on the right. Then travel backwards into the dark tunnel seen on the left.

you must of missed the part where he/she typed..

...what if

1stStarIC2nite

Are there going to be any launches in the ride? I had heard originally that there would be a little one before going backwards, and then a big one when escaping the Yeti near the end...

peter11435

The_CEO said:
Even if he is, WHO CARES! It is a great idea, you take life waaaaay to seriously peter.
Actually I don't take life too seriously. The fact is that there is no use trying to figure out what will happen at that part of the ride as we already know.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The_CEO said:
I didn't take his post that way, I took it as a different idea.
that is how i took it......... this is the problem sometimes with interpretation.

lets not be to quick to dismiss conversation about things that could have been different or diffeent senarios to our favorite attractions even though they are built, being built, or extinct, because that is everybodys own individual creativity coming out and most of the time it is fun. :D

Lynx04

1stStarIC2nite said:
Are there going to be any launches in the ride? I had heard originally that there would be a little one before going backwards, and then a big one when escaping the Yeti near the end...

No their are no launches on the ride. The only system Vekoma uses to launch trains is LSM. This requires a long straight away which EE does not have. LIMs do not require a long straight away because it uses magnetic current to push the train were as LSM uses a cart under the track, however the only company that uses LIMs is Premier (Mummy and Italian Job recent coasters).

Although Disney could have created their own launching system, considering Universal created the launch system for the Hulk. So it is not out of the question, however looking at all the pictures that I have from the construction their is nothing that would indicate any type of launch. The entire attraction seems to use old fashion gravity as its means of propulsion.

Montu

Lynx04 said:
No their are no launches on the ride. The only system Vekoma uses to launch trains is LSM. This requires a long straight away which EE does not have. LIMs do not require a long straight away because it uses magnetic current to push the train were as LSM uses a cart under the track, however the only company that uses LIMs is Premier (Mummy and Italian Job recent coasters).

Although Disney could have created their own launching system, considering Universal created the launch system for the Hulk. So it is not out of the question, however looking at all the pictures that I have from the construction their is nothing that would indicate any type of launch. The entire attraction seems to use old fashion gravity as its means of propulsion.

Sometimes it's difficult to sit back and watch people try to act "in the know" on here.

Vekoma has also used a flywheel launch system. LSM launching systems have nothing to do with pusher cars under the trains. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster's pusher car was a matter of convienence to avoid the cost of magnets on all five trains instead. Other LSM coasters have magnets mounted to the train itself. Intamin created the LSM launch idea, not Vekoma. Intamin has also utilized the LIM launch system on their coasters, and a hydrolic launch system on others. Universal had nothing to do with Hulk's tire driven launch system other than saying "we want a coaster that launches." It was created by a company that makes tires for aircraft launchers, in conjunction with B&M's coaster hardware.

And LIMs don't require a long straight away? Where do they mount the magnet boxes then? Seriously, get a clue.

As someone else also pointed out, there's pages upon pages of speculation as to the two tunnels. Lee already explained this - and why is it not painfully obvious to everyone even withOUT his explanation? Just look at the contstruction pictures of the layout. I do, however, completely appreciate Lee's feedback in this tread, for what it's worth.

ogryn

Lynx04 said:

Vekoma also do Hydrolic Launches similar to Intamin's (who also have LIM coasters..... Superman The Escape, Volcano:The Blast Coaster...) in their Booster Bike Coasters (which they also say they can fit to other designs).

Not that this matters of course, as it would still require a long straight section of track :)

peter11435

jmaxwell007 said:
that is how i took it......... this is the problem sometimes with interpretation.

lets not be to quick to dismiss conversation about things that could have been different or diffeent senarios to our favorite attractions even though they are built, being built, or extinct, because that is everybodys own individual creativity coming out and most of the time it is fun. :D
I agree 100%. I guess I misunderstood his intentions. I understoof the post as his hypothesis of what WOULD happen on the ride rather than what COULD have happened.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
peter11435 said:
I agree 100%. I guess I misunderstood his intentions. I understoof the post as his hypothesis of what WOULD happen on the ride rather than what COULD have happened.
cool. i know where you were coming from. everybody is guilty one time or another.

Sergeant Tibbs

Montu said:
Sometimes it's difficult to sit back and watch people try to act "in the know" on here.

Vekoma has also used a flywheel launch system. LSM launching systems have nothing to do with pusher cars under the trains. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster's pusher car was a matter of convienence to avoid the cost of magnets on all five trains instead. Other LSM coasters have magnets mounted to the train itself. Intamin created the LSM launch idea, not Vekoma. Intamin has also utilized the LIM launch system on their coasters, and a hydrolic launch system on others. Universal had nothing to do with Hulk's tire driven launch system other than saying "we want a coaster that launches." It was created by a company that makes tires for aircraft launchers, in conjunction with B&M's coaster hardware.

And LIMs don't require a long straight away? Where do they mount the magnet boxes then? Seriously, get a clue.

As someone else also pointed out, there's pages upon pages of speculation as to the two tunnels. Lee already explained this - and why is it not painfully obvious to everyone even withOUT his explanation? Just look at the contstruction pictures of the layout. I do, however, completely appreciate Lee's feedback in this tread, for what it's worth.
Lynx is cool, shutup. Its ok to correct someone but get off his back

Madison

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Who built an Italian job coaster?

Paramount's Kings Island and Paramount Canada's Wonderland both opened The Italian Job: Stunt Track coasters in 2005.

Also, for what it's worth, Walt Disney World's Peoplemover is powered by Linear Induction along its whole length and, as far as I'm aware, the ride track isn't one giant straight line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom