Evil Tower UR Doomed Gone?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Sloppy Skunk said:
i guess this is because all of the dispute whether the chess game in potc is in a stalemate or whether the pieces are actually in an impossible, made up configuration
i havent heard much of this debate, but i think that it should be able to be solved easily if you had what pieces are on what squares...... and then figure out it is is possible for that pieceto move that direction/square

anyone have a closeup of the board?

CrashNet

If it makes anyone feel better, I rode TOT two days ago, and the "EVIL TOWER U R DOOMED" is still there. You have to remember that the imagineers went to painstaking trouble to create names, etc, on the sign with missing letters that appear to have fallen into place to spell out the statement. If you look at the names on the sign, you'll see that the letters on the bottom are the letters missing from the sign above, so to get rid of the statement would defeat the purpose of the entire board.

thisisnotanexit

i feel so lost - i've never noticed the U R doomed thing. i've been going there for years, but have never noticed it. does anyone have a picture or anything?

Laura

Premium Member
cac2889 said:
You have to remember that the imagineers went to painstaking trouble to create names, etc, on the sign with missing letters that appear to have fallen into place to spell out the statement. If you look at the names on the sign, you'll see that the letters on the bottom are the letters missing from the sign above, so to get rid of the statement would defeat the purpose of the entire board.

That is a good point.

Now aren't there TWO of these signs? One for each library? Maybe one is changed and the other isnt?

MrNonacho

Premium Member
cac2889 said:
You have to remember that the imagineers went to painstaking trouble to create names, etc, on the sign with missing letters that appear to have fallen into place to spell out the statement. If you look at the names on the sign, you'll see that the letters on the bottom are the letters missing from the sign above, so to get rid of the statement would defeat the purpose of the entire board.

This is just not true. There are no words missing a "U" or an "M" on the sign.

Laura22 said:
Now aren't there TWO of these signs? One for each library? Maybe one is changed and the other isnt?

No, there is only one sign.

lebeau

Is it a big deal? No. But I liked the old phrase better so I signed the petition. The new phrase is stupid. The old one was cool. I saw it the first time I rode ToT and I remember it jumping out at me as the coolest and edgiest theming in the line.

Hochmania

sgmco

Just to clear things up--I just rode ToT a couple of hours ago, and the letters have NOT been changed. That's not to say that they haven't been changed...but if they had been changed, they are back to what they said before.:sohappy:

SirNim

sgmco said:
Just to clear things up--I just rode ToT a couple of hours ago, and the letters have NOT been changed. That's not to say that they haven't been changed...but if they had been changed, they are back to what they said before.:sohappy:
Really?

CrashNet

MrNonacho said:
This is just not true. There are no words missing a "U" or an "M" on the sign.

No, there is only one sign.
As far as I know there are...I'd have to look the next time I go to MGM. If you are basing it on the photo in this thread, its hard to see the letters at the top. I do believe there is a 'U' missing...

Also, look closely at the 'M'...it's actually a 'W' turned upside down. :)

MrNonacho

Premium Member
cac2889 said:
As far as I know there are...I'd have to look the next time I go to MGM. If you are basing it on the photo in this thread, its hard to see the letters at the top. I do believe there is a 'U' missing...

Also, look closely at the 'M'...it's actually a 'W' turned upside down. :)

Good catch on the M/W. I was actually looking at this picture:

I don't see a source for the "U," unless that "U" is not really a "U," too. :)

disnyfan89

Just to let you know I went to sign the petition and it was down! I know the letters are back to normal but if it was a regular cm the imagineers could swoop back in and change it back to the new one(if it was ever changed)! So I still want to sign it.

CrashNet

MrNonacho said:
Good catch on the M/W. I was actually looking at this picture:

I don't see a source for the "U," unless that "U" is not really a "U," too. :)
RobGraves beat me to it, but I do see how you would think that was lodge. I think the easy way to tell is that there is enough space there for two letters, a 'U' and a 'N'.

I still think its cool how they went to that trouble just so the letters have a purpose for being down there. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom