Evil Tower UR Doomed Gone?

Skippy

*sigh* Disappointing. I'd like it back. That slogan enhanced the amazing theming around the ride, while the new one is pretty much advertising.

GenerationX

I think it would be cool if they switched the message every once in a while. The first time I experienced the attraction, I did not see the message, and I thought it was the most brilliant attraction ever. I have since seen the message. Switching it does not change the attraction's status as the Best Theme Park Attraction Anywhere.

BellhopMicah

No, it won't. However, it's been there for the entire duration that Tower has, and I guess it's just something that some people have warmed up to. Don't get me wrong, routinely changing it is a neat idea, but they've waited too long to start doing that and it has disappointed some people that the initail phrase is now gone.

dmmgp2000

Well, I signed the petition. Hopefully that'll mean something. I just can't believe they removed it. I'm not gonna lose sleep over this or anything, but it is a letdown. I remember when my best friend took me on the ride. It was probably my 4th time riding it, but I had never seen it. When he showed it to me, I thought it was great. Totally Disney. Why remove such a unique thing? Here's to hoping they change it back. "They" meaning the two conspiring bellhops!

stitchcastle

wow, that sucks, one of the best and most iconic subtle details in one of the best WDW rides is gone :(

never really made it past the entrance to ToT all the time I've been gong to the parks, I've only ridden it once and don't really plan on riding again unless I'm with someone new which won't happen. But I've always held a deep admiration for the ride and that awesome sign is kind of one of my favorite features :(

bgammill

Account Suspended
I think all of this hoopla is very stupid. It's a phrase guys. Is the world going to end? And in reply to that petition, you're wasting your time. Do you actually think Disney is going to change it back if a bunch of Disney Geeks get mad? I sure don't. But i guess you guys want to feel like a bunch of high-schoolers again, protesting for what you love!! >_<

BellhopMicah

bgammill said:
I think all of this hoopla is very stupid. It's a phrase guys. Is the world going to end? And in reply to that petition, you're wasting your time. Do you actually think Disney is going to change it back if a bunch of Disney Geeks get mad? I sure don't. But i guess you guys want to feel like a bunch of high-schoolers again, protesting for what you love!! >_<

Even if they don't change it, atleast they'll know that people are ed.

And by the way, I am a high schooler, so I have an excuse. :lol:

wannab@dis

BellhopMicah said:
Eh, shut up.
try not to be so rude. you're proving his point. ;)

In any event, it's a nice detail, but not worth getting so worked up over. I agree that it would be nice if they had it change every so often.

BellhopMicah

wannab@dis said:
try not to be so rude. you're proving his point. ;)

In any event, it's a nice detail, but not worth getting so worked up over. I agree that it would be nice if they had it change every so often.

LOL, I edited it for that reason.

brkgnews

If some bellhops are conspiring, they'll be carrying on a great tradition -- the most famous Hidden Mickey at the Haunted Mansion (the dinner plates) are unofficial and often have to be replaced by CMs). still, I hate to see this one go.

DisneyBunny

I think what I object to most of all, is the removal of theming, whether it was intended theming or not, and replacing it with advertising, or a slogan. What's next, graffiti on Everest bearing its new slogan? Maybe "Never the same fear twice" would be more effective if I hadn't already seen it slathered on Billboards, and resort TV every few minutes. Changing it isn't so bad, if they keep it consistant with the theme, maybe each week it could be an obscure Twilight Zone reference?

Captain Hank

Even if they'd just change it to something else that's weird and ominous, like "Beware," or "Crash," or even "It's raining" (the little girl sings "It's raining, it's pouring" during the pre-show). The previous message made it seem like the ghosts had been responsible for the letters falling down, and had created a warning for other guests not to share their fate. Somehow "Never the Same 2wice" just doesn't sound like something a ghost would write.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Captain Hank said:
Even if they'd just change it to something else that's weird and ominous, like "Beware," or "Crash," or even "It's raining" (the little girl sings "It's raining, it's pouring" during the pre-show). The previous message made it seem like the ghosts had been responsible for the letters falling down, and had created a warning for other guests not to share their fate. Somehow "Never the Same 2wice" just doesn't sound like something a ghost would write.
i agree. they might as well have it saying "dont forget the gift shop" (both advertising plug).... i wouldnt mind seeing it change once a year (or so)

i can't believe this! this was absolutely one of my favorite secrets at WDW. ToT has some of the best theming and unique details.

I was there on January first and my friend and I were looking around at all the different little secrets and hidden mickeys. I showed him the "EVIL TOWER" message and told him about the mahjong game. A really nice bellhop noticed he was reading a hidden mickeys book during the movie in the library and after the movie she showed us a few mickeys through out the room and told us where to find one during the ride.

I know some people don't think that this message change is a big deal, but it is for me. I always look forward to showing people who are new to disney that directory. there is no need to advertise for the ride once you are already on it! i don't see them adding a huge billboard on the lift hill for space mountain inviting you to come take a ride.

arg!

its not really a secret, just a cool little fact (if its true, that is)

supposedly disney brought in some of the top mahjong players and had them play for an hour and then just get up and leave the game in progress in order to ensure accuaracy or something.

i guess this is because all of the dispute whether the chess game in potc is in a stalemate or whether the pieces are actually in an impossible, made up configuration

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom