Everything Right with "The World"

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
So do you have these images already saved on your favorites, or did you actually have to take time out of your day to find them for this thread? Maybe what you are trying to say is, I really enjoy campfire sing-alongs at Disney World. I don't know.

:brick:

Looking back on the rest of the posts in this thread, half of them are, big surprise, NOT about what Disney does correctly.

With that said, I am DONE. Don't need to add to the negativity any more since there is certainly enough floating around.

A 5 second google image search yielded exactly what I was looking for, so no real time taken out of my day. Thanks for the concern, though. :D

menamechris

A serious case of crankypants...

longiesclassic01.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

Good concept for a thread, but i'm afraid your execution failed. Complaining about complaining is in itself a form of complaining and being negative. Hypocritical much? You are also being even more negative than Disney complainers by directing the negativity towards other members here in a flaming sort of way. At least people who complain about Disney are doing so by directing the negativity towards the real problem and not taking it out on other members like you're doing.

Some people complain for the sake of complaining. Others though do so because they genuinely care about something and are sad to see things become dilapidated. When they see degradation everywhere, it disturbs them. It's also kind of sad to see people attacking such mentality and excusing poor quality and standards.

There's good and bad at Disney. While i always express my personal gripes with how WDW is run, i also ALWAYS give legit praise when it's due. Here's some stuff i'm very pleased with and that i have personally praised on these forums in the past-

- Magic Memories and You is surprisingly great (didn't need to subtract any entertainment to get it either, it's an additional night time show)
- New Pooh queue is very neat
- Almost everything added to the Haunted Mansion in 2007 and beyond (including the new attic, scenes, sound, queue, freeloading ghosts, etc). My ONLY gripe about what has been added recently is the new bride.
- Expedition Everest (in its fully working form) is a great coaster
- Redesigned Fantasyland with Little Mermaid and the 7 Dwarf Mine Train looks awesome (if all goes well)
- Lately it looks like some force has caused them to fix maintenance issues with Splash Mountain and parts of Big Thunder. I hope it's not just a one time thing and that they continue with the effort to improve stuff.

Older but still awesome stuff-
- Splash Mountain is still amazing, and WDW has the best version of it in its fully working state
- Tower of Terror is great and WDW has the best version of it
- Most of Animal Kingdom in its entirety when everything is properly working is gorgeous and well desinged (i never visited it before last year, i hadn't been to WDW since the late 90's)
- New facade similar to Disneyland's for Small World added within the past decade
- Peoplemover is still thankfully running at WDW (hope it never leaves)
- Big Thunder, one of the few coasters that both myself and my older mother can enjoy together
- WDW has what i consider the best night time parade of all time: Spectromagic. It can't return soon enough.

I'd also give kudos to the Tiki Room redo, sounds like they're really doing something right there (too early to say). I've also heard great things about Star Tours 2.0. I've not ridden it yet, but i will in a few months and i'm sure it's going to be great.

MerlinTheGoat

Hope your day gets better!

Have a good one. :)

Woah son, chill out there, don't take things so personally. Bit uncalled for. I was only suggesting that you yourself practice what you preach. If you want this thread to be positive, comments like these don't do anything to help it remain so (they only come off as hypocritical)-
This place has recently turned into the "let's bash anything & everything Disney" boards. Mistakes, fix this, fix that, why is today so much worse than back in the day....it gets plain sickening. :mad:

Any takers, or is this topic not whiney enough about why (insert ride name here) isn't as good as it used to be?

You're just as guilty of negativity as anyone else. Moreso than others. The difference here is that the people complaining about WDW aren't attacking other members over their problems like you are. There's nothing wrong with a little negativity in terms of a product that has received downgrades in quality, but directing negativity towards other members here is not exactly polite. You on the other hand seem rather upset at people who find legit flaws with something you enjoy. Here's a tip- enjoy what you want. And don't be so self conscious about what other people say. Why does it matter to you that people are negative?

Point being- chill out. Maybe change the topic a bit to be less negative if the entire POINT of this thread is to be less negative. This thread is about being positive right? Try practicing what you're preaching. Making a thread about being positive and telling people not to complain loses all of its purpose when you're creating inflammatory and sarcastic statements yourself in the very topic that is intended to remain positive. Understand that concept? Don't be so defensive either, simple suggestion.

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
Agreed, OP! Great thread idea! While I enjoy the discussion around these parts, I do get sick of all the negatively. Some posters are so negative I can't even understand why they like Disney at all!

We are visiting WDW very soon and here are some of the positives that I am looking forward to(in no particular order):

the thrill rides(RnRC, EE, Space Mtn, etc)
the great themed rides(Haunted Mansion, Small World, Dinosaur!, etc)
the old favorites(Pirates, CoP)
the shows(Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Voyage of Little Mermaid, etc)
the fireworks shows and Fantasmic!
the atmosphere, just walking around and soaking it all up
the Streetosphere performances at DHS
the little things like Jammitors, Kim Possible, etc.
the restaurants(they may be overpriced, but we still enjoy them!)
cooling off at the water parks(in particular the wave pool at TL)
finding new stuff we haven't done before(Sum of All Thrills)
trying a new resort(Animal Kingdom Lodge)
riding the monorail
pictures with characters

When I go to WDW I love feeling like a little kid and trying to enjoy every minute of it. Where else can I go and have an experience like WDW?
Nicely said. :) Speaking of AKL, we'll be there 2nd week of Jan. Counting down the days/months.

SleepingMonk

Disney still does plenty of things right, and they have enough nostalgia in reserve to make us feel like kids again every time we visit.

And uhh...hmm....well, they haven't screwed this scene up....yet...

bg2y4w.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

Disney still does plenty of things right, and they have enough nostalgia in reserve to make us feel like kids again every time we visit.

And uhh...hmm....well, they haven't screwed this scene up....yet...

*snip*

Oh so THAT'S where your username came from lol! Actually, i could have sworn that monk didn't used to move in the Jeremy Irons era, now he does (he breathes now, and is animated to do so instead of just making noise). Or was i seeing things? Improvement there if he didn't move long ago. I also like the cave paintings that move (and the huge ice age CGI scene in the beginning).

forevermickey

^That's usually when we go, mid to late January. :) Best time to visit (imo) weather-wise. Also the time of year we're getting sick of the winter up here, and ready to see some Fla sun.

Are the xmas decorations still up... holiday music... and MVMCP still running?
:xmas:

devoy1701

One thing I love about being at Disney World is that I don't have to think about the outside world at all. I don't have to step foot off Disney property the entire time I'm there! Also, I have never encountered a rude Disney employee. And most of the other guests are all super nice/happy to be there.

I think you have blinders on...most guests are anything but nice at WDW! They care about no one but themselves and will take down anyone that stands in their way...or roll them over with a stroller. I noticed a stark difference between the visitors of WDW and DL actually...I think the SoCal climate and way of life (and the patience people learn sitting in traffic) makes everyone so much laid back out there! I couldn't BELIEVE how easy going, calm, and courteous people were out there! I mean we could watch the Electrical Parade sitting sprawled out on the pavement and nobody tried to trample us, squeeze in, inch their children up, plow over us... :eek:

Hope your day gets better!

Have a good one. :)

I'm sorry, but it's hard to take you seriously when you have a post record that includes such things as "We need to give Harry Potter bad reviews because it's not Disney" and "we should love everything Disney does and hate everything Universal does." How immature and uneducated is that logic?!

WeLoveTheMouse

I think you have blinders on...most guests are anything but nice at WDW! They care about no one but themselves and will take down anyone that stands in their way...or roll them over with a stroller. I noticed a stark difference between the visitors of WDW and DL actually...I think the SoCal climate and way of life (and the patience people learn sitting in traffic) makes everyone so much laid back out there! I couldn't BELIEVE how easy going, calm, and courteous people were out there! I mean we could watch the Electrical Parade sitting sprawled out on the pavement and nobody tried to trample us, squeeze in, inch their children up, plow over us... :eek:

I must be wearing blinders too, I really haven't had any problems with the other guests. Sure, there's been some idiots here and there, but nothing that's ruined my day.

devoy1701

I must be wearing blinders too, I really haven't had any problems with the other guests. Sure, there's been some idiots here and there, but nothing that's ruined my day.

Happens to the best of us. When you visit the parks 40+ days a year you tend to notice things though! :wave:

EDIT: I shouldn't have said that I tend to notice more things like that...what I meant was that with spending 40+ days in the parks for the past 5 years I have had more opportunity to encounter such behavior and whatnot. Being there all throughout the year with different types and levels of crowds gives me the opportunity to experience and encounter quite a range of things.

olinecoach61

What I love about Disney is the feeling you get when you drive past the sign and leave your troubles behind for a week of magic. Whats better than putting on a silly hat, strolling down main street and enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells? I can't wait for my caught to experience for the first time next summer!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A lot of the more informed people and fans who complain do so a legitimate reason - standards have slipped. They complain because they care and do love the World. Not just for the hell of it. For example this was posted earlier:

the thrill rides(RnRC, EE, Space Mtn, etc) 2
the great themed rides(Haunted Mansion, Small World, Dinosaur!, etc) 1
the old favorites(Pirates, CoP) 3
the shows(Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Voyage of Little Mermaid, etc)
the fireworks shows and Fantasmic! 2
the atmosphere, just walking around and soaking it all up
the Streetosphere performances at DHS 1
the little things like Jammitors, Kim Possible, etc.
the restaurants(they may be overpriced, but we still enjoy them!)
cooling off at the water parks(in particular the wave pool at TL) 1
finding new stuff we haven't done before(Sum of All Thrills)
trying a new resort(Animal Kingdom Lodge)
riding the monorail 1

I`ve added a highlighted number for each show or attraction that should by now be far better as was planned before the budget was but.

And I do that because I care.

MarkTwain

I have decided if I was ever homeless I would make my way to Disney and live in the parks somehow. That's how much I love Disney!

Hell, forget homelessness, I would do that just so I could camp out in the grassy hills by Universe of Energy and yell at kids to get off my lawn.

WDWLOYAL1971

My thing is Disney, it's been that way since 1971. I love everything about it, except when it's time to leave. I love the changes they make as it is what keeps Disney new and interesting. Some say I'm obsessed with Disney,well, maybe and to me there is nothing wrong with that, it is my happy place, it is my special place, it is where I want to be everyday. :sohappy:

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
Are the xmas decorations still up... holiday music... and MVMCP still running?
:xmas:
I wish. Sadly, those are usually all gone when we visit. But would love to see Disney around the holidays again soon! :xmas: Maybe a late-Nov trip in a few yrs would be nice.

MerlinTheGoat

@Martin & Devoy-

I don't think he's actually reading any of your posts or my own. He seems to have you all on ignore because you dared to debunk anything he spouted. I've looked at some of his posts to people who not only disagree with him, but FACTUALLY debunk what he says (Lee did a marvelous job over in the Universal thread of calling out his nonsense). Besides all the Disney fanboy cool aid he's guzzling, he ignores everyone who happens to contradict him, even when he's proven wrong (he just waves his hand and disregards anything people say). Pretty sure he has all down to earth and well informed people here (like Lee, Martin, Devoy, and anyone else who happens to tell him he's wrong) on ignore, his calling card for doing it seems to be "sorry about your day, hope it gets better". I've rarely seen a Disney fanatic so ridiculously blinded by the "magic".:ROFLOL:

Can't believe he was trying to convince people to BOYCOTT Harry Potter in favor of Disney. That's some seriously sad mentality there.:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom