Everything Right with "The World"

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
I don't think he's actually reading any of your posts or my own. He seems to have you all on ignore because you dared to debunk anything he spouted. I've looked at some of his posts to people who not only disagree with him, but FACTUALLY debunk what he says (Lee did a marvelous job over in the Universal thread of calling out his nonsense). Besides all the Disney fanboy cool aid he's guzzling, he ignores everyone who happens to contradict him, even when he's proven wrong (he just waves his hand and disregards anything people say). Pretty sure he has all down to earth and well informed people here (like Lee, Martin, Devoy, and anyone else who happens to tell him he's wrong) on ignore, his calling card for doing it seems to be "sorry about your day, hope it gets better". I've rarely seen a Disney fanatic so ridiculously blinded by the "magic".:ROFLOL:

Can't believe he was trying to convince people to BOYCOTT Harry Potter in favor of Disney. That's some seriously sad mentality there.:hammer:
Umm, okay. Not sure what any of this has to do with the topic we're discussing, or how Universal & Harry Potter even fit into this thread since it's about good things we enjoy at Disney. No, I'm not ignoring anyone. But if my posts make you this upset, especially when we're discussing something as lighthearted as what's good at WDW, then please feel free to ignore me so we can both go about our day. :)

MerlinTheGoat

Umm, okay. Not sure what any of this has to do with the topic we're discussing, or how Universal & Harry Potter even fit into this thread since it's about good things we enjoy at Disney. No, I'm not ignoring anyone. But if my posts make you this upset, especially when we're discussing something as lighthearted as what's good at WDW, then please feel free to ignore me so we can both go about our day. :)

I have no intention of putting anyone here on ignore (i'm not one to block out a conversation by covering my ears, chanting "lalalala"). If i had such intentions, i'd have at least 3-4 people on ignore here. It's not that easy to upset me, you're not in that zone with me. I was simply pointing out in your original post that you sort of sabotaged the point of this thread in your sarcastic and rather rude tone. Not helped at all by your subsequent quotes.

All i'm suggesting is that you change your original post to take out the aggressive sarcasm and negative tone. Practice what you preach. It's a good concept for a thread, one i approve of and would have loved to contribute to. Just don't make a thread with the intention of being positive, and in your first post start out with a negative and aggressive tone to anyone who points out flaws with the parks. The only positive thing about your top post is the middle paragraph, that's about all you needed and it doesn't come off as negative at all. The top and bottom sentences are both aggressive and negative in nature and undermine your thread's point. If you want a positive thread, follow through with it by being polite and positive yourself.:rolleyes:

mrsdanalind

One thing I love about being at Disney World is that I don't have to think about the outside world at all. I don't have to step foot off Disney property the entire time I'm there! Also, I have never encountered a rude Disney employee. And most of the other guests are all super nice/happy to be there.

The fantastic cm's that I've met over the years.
The suspension of disbelief that I achieve every time I step into one of the Parks,or my room.
The fact that once I'm there, I don't care if the rest of the world goes to heck in a hand basket.
The excitement I feel the week before we leave, and the anticipation I feel on the day we leave. (like the little kids in the commercials)
The colors, sounds, scents and activity that I absorb from the beginning to the end of my trip
and yes
the anticipation of planning the next trip.. :D I deal with the whining crying and cranky the same way I deal with the weather.. can't change it so I'll ignore it.

stargrl33

I think you have blinders on...most guests are anything but nice at WDW! They care about no one but themselves and will take down anyone that stands in their way...or roll them over with a stroller. I noticed a stark difference between the visitors of WDW and DL actually...I think the SoCal climate and way of life (and the patience people learn sitting in traffic) makes everyone so much laid back out there! I couldn't BELIEVE how easy going, calm, and courteous people were out there! I mean we could watch the Electrical Parade sitting sprawled out on the pavement and nobody tried to trample us, squeeze in, inch their children up, plow over us... :eek:

:shrug:

I've only gone on two vacations there in my adult life. I don't have a lot of money so I go in the off season when there are less people. I haven't come across any of the large, obnoxious tour groups that I hear so much about. If someone does or says something that bothers me, I ignore them. It's my vacation so I try to focus on the positive.

wizards8507

I've only gone on two vacations there in my adult life. I don't have a lot of money so I go in the off season when there are less people. I haven't come across any of the large, obnoxious tour groups that I hear so much about. If someone does or says something that bothers me, I ignore them. It's my vacation so I try to focus on the positive.

I just got back from my honeymoon and had my first experience with the tour groups (particularly the Brazilians). There was one rude group who felt the need to cut half of the fastpass line to meet up with their friends, but other than that they were all very well-behaved. There was nothing particularly obnoxious about them and the only thing they were guilty of was being in a large group together. It was irritating if you happened to get in line behind them, but it was nothing they did that was rude or whatever.

BTW, love that this thread exists. Also glad to see that the usual suspects are around to squash the good vibes.

puntagordabob

Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room (minus the 1998-Aug2011 UNM lol), The Contemporary Resort including the Bay Lake Tower, Monorails, The Country Bears, Figment (though not the largest fan on the current ride), World Showcase, All the BGM music at EPCOT, Muppets 3d, The Kil Safari, Walking the Boardwalk, Friendship boats, Illuminations, The Main Street Electrical Parade, Churros, Via Napoli pizza, the Top of the World Lounge, listening to the natural ambiance from the MK area (ferry boat horns, train whistles, monorails cruising by), Old Key West Resort, watching the parasailers (too cowardly to ever try as I am afraid of heights....but fun to watch!), The Christmas Holidays at the World (and woohoo didnt they promise a replacement of some kind for Lights of Winter at Epcot!!!! Love that walkway when its all lit up!!!), The Fountain show at EPCOT...

Oh and Last but not least: The Mickey shaped power pole on I-4 which lets us know we are HERE!!! :)

The Rat King

I love how I live in Kissimmee, and yet the minute I step out of the car onto Disney Property, everything feels different. It's like theres magic pumping directly into the air.

Other favorites: The attention to detail on even their office buildings, keeping with the magic of the parks. The Monorail CMs always entertain me. Sitting in the lobby of different hotels always seems comforting to me. Especially the polynesian.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom