Everyday Places That Remind You Of WDW

Elonwy

Going to my Mom's house always works. Her front and back lawn reminds me of the gradens at the Canadian Pavilion...yes they really are that beautiful>

They're putting a stream through the back yard this spring and adding some more benches on the pathway so it will look like the Canadian gardens even more.

(I've never actually seen the Butchart {sp?} Gradens in BC that they were based on so my Mom's are the closest I'll probably get)

Reccyman

I work in a GM car production plant in the UK. I can honestly say that that body shop smells exactly like the preshow waiting area at Test Track. I often make excuses to leave the office and walk down there.

May be they bottle it, and ship it over to add to the effect! :p

Tinkerbella16

I drive by this every day I go to work.

CastleEntrance_Rotation75.jpg

I'll be taking my niece there soon! I loved Storybook Land as a kid, it was like how WDW has been to me all these years. LOL

sweetpee_1993

Not a place but it's a sound that always makes me think of Epcot. Hubby is huuuuge into flight simulators. You should see the computer he bought to run the thing on. Big flight yokes, foot pedal controls, throttles, the works. Anywhoo, when he opens Microsoft's Flight Simulator X the music sounds just like stuff you'd hear walking thru Future World. Sometimes I'll tell him to turn it on just so I can hear it and have my happy thought. :lol:

Sometimes when I walk outside in the morning and its there's lots of moisture in the air I get what my family calls a "Disney Whiff". It reminds me of waking up early in the morning and getting ready to go in the parks

Kristamouse

Since I have only been to WDW once before kids I equate going to the local zoo with going to WDW. Our local Zoo (cincinnati) is really nice and big and they have some of the same style food. But the real thing that reminds me of WDW is the early morning prep to get out the door; packing small snacks and water bottles, rubbing on sunscreen and eating breakfest in the car. So while the Zoo is great it is no WDW but the morning prep reminds me of thoose crazy WDW mornings. Heck last week while getting ready for the Zoo my kids even aske about going to WDW.
We posponed our Free Dining trip in Sept b/c our new baby in due in August so thoose Zoo morning will have to get me through till we can go next Winter!:wave:

doop

They have this attraction at Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ that reminds me of a Disney attraction. Of course, it is not nearly as good as anything Disney does, but it gives off a Haunted Mansion/Tower of Terror creepy feel. It has something to do with Houdini.

DizneyPryncess

The Las Vegas Strip! The Excalibur is a big castle, with princesses. Treasure Island has all the pirate ships, and the show out front. The Mirage has the big volcano that erupts. When I walk down the strip, it's the same kind of magic I feel when I walk into the MK!

tigfan

It is so funny that someone started this thread, because I just had an experience this past week that I was going to start a thread about...

My girlfriend and I went to Alaska and while we were waiting to board our plane in Anchorage, we went to the Alaska Airlines club member area (they call it the "Board Room"). We got in the elevator and I immediately turned to my girlfriend and said, "This elevator smells exactly like the Haunted Mansion". Not being a long-time Disney fan like me, she first gave me a strange look as if to say, "How on earth would you know what a specific ride at Disney would SMELL like?". But then her expression changed to something along the lines of, "Oh yeah, this is YOU we're talking about...Mr Disney guy!" And then she just giggled.

ejeremy98

Sometimes when I walk outside in the morning and its there's lots of moisture in the air I get what my family calls a "Disney Whiff". It reminds me of waking up early in the morning and getting ready to go in the parks

i've gotten a disney whiff in the morning as well...it's not pleasant!

DDEPILLO

For me its not a place but a song. I forget who sings it but the name of the song is, "Come sail away", there is a part in the song where the music stops and this synthesizer kicks in with all these cool sounds and it reminds me of disney.

Tinkerbella16

They have this attraction at Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ that reminds me of a Disney attraction. Of course, it is not nearly as good as anything Disney does, but it gives off a Haunted Mansion/Tower of Terror creepy feel. It has something to do with Houdini.

I know what you're talking about!! Its Houdini's house, and they seat you inside and they do all these illusions. it is really neat, and I can see where you would think of HM/ToT. LOL

Not really at disney, but has to do with our trips to disney...I'm out the door every morning at 5am to go to the gym, and when I walk outside its dark and muggy. It always reminds me of the morning we leave for the airport to go to wdw. Packing up the car and on our way and its still dark outside. Every single morning I think of that. Ahhh, I cant wait for November to get here!!

yankspy

For me its not a place but a song. I forget who sings it but the name of the song is, "Come sail away", there is a part in the song where the music stops and this synthesizer kicks in with all these cool sounds and it reminds me of disney.

That song is by styx. That part actually reminds me of Michael Iceberg.:)

*TXWDWFAN*

I would have to say the one thing that reminds me of WDW is my 2 year old son. He is a Disney baby thru and thru. :D His favorite thing in the world is his Pooh blanket. I get a little touch of that Disney Magic everyday.

palavee

Well, it's not really an everyday thing, but this weekend I will be crossing the Florida state line and going to the welcome center off I-75. That alwyas reminds me of Disney! We are staying in Valdosta because we have season passes to Wild Adventures. It's not Disney, but I like the rides and the water park, especially because it is so close to Florida.

Giavonna98

It is pretty funny, but when I go to Wal-Mart, there are buses swarming the place, and the smell of gasoline, plus the smell of the Subway from inside, reminds meof going to your hotel in disney after Extra Magic Hours:ROFLOL::shrug::ROFLOL::shrug:

wedway71

That song is by styx. That part actually reminds me of Michael Iceberg.:)

Thats too funny...I have always felt that too on the one part of that song...To me it sounds like the Main Street Electrical Parade part where the little round ball things drive around all crazy.

Some places are Waffle House...We always used to eat Breakfast there before hitting the road to WDW.

In Cape Coral,Fl where I used to live there was a water park called "Sun-Splash" which kind of reminded me of Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. Maybe thats because I hear some of the designers of the park got with WDI to help with the plans?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom