Everyday Places That Remind You Of WDW

dragongirl

Not exactly Disney World, but the tram at my airport (Minneapolis/St. Paul) is very similar to the one at Orlando International, so that always brings back some good memories.

Also whenever I go to a local mall it reminds me of Disney somehow, maybe it has something do to with the fact that we used to buy our park tickets at the Disney store there. :shrug:

Hey neighbor!:wave:

I'm guessing not MOA as you said "used to" and they still have a Disney Store. I miss mine at the mall close to me.:cry: Now MOA even has a proper theme park with annual pass prices to rival WDW, so that reminds me a lot. Plus they have a lot of DTD type places there like Legoland.

Also, there is a Mexican restaurant here where the inside reminds me of the San Angel Inn without the volcano. It's themed to make you feel like you are outside in Mexico at night.

BrennaRN

Certain smells do it for me. Like wood burning reminds me of Rome burning in Spaceship earth. Also when I'm really thirsty and get a nice ice cold Coke that always reminds me, because when we're down there, I'm always thirsty!

rob45

My office. It looks like a shop on Main Street USA with all my Disney figures and such. My boss asked why all the Disney stuff, and my reply was "you hired someone who is creative".
:ROFLOL:

DisneyGigi

For me it is smells-
Pool water always makes me think of PotC & Splash. I love that smell too, it is second only to the Monorail! :ROFLOL:

Cmdr_Crimson

The Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago really has the EPCOT-Ish feel considering they have exhibits on Science, Motion, Energy, Space, Life, Imagination....you see a pattern..?

Ilovewishes

One of the shopping centres near my mum (The Trafford Centre) has popcorn vendors spread throughout and the smell of the popcorn sends me right back to Main Street!

Brwneyedgirl72

My mother and I just returned from an Alaskan cruise and one of our ports of call was Skagway. If you have never been to Skagway, it is a small pioneer town, beautifully preserved. Both of us could not stop commenting that it reminded us of WDW - it was so funny. Even though I was on vacation, it made me miss Disney - so much so that I am going to drive up to Orlando this weekend for my "disney-fix".

YankeeMouse

I work at a major Chicago zoo, and when I'm out in the park, I use the two-fingered "Disney" point, and that always reminds me of WDW. THe other day I was with my son, a college student who is working at the zoo for the summer, and someone asked directions. My son was smiling knowingly, and said, "You just used the two-fingered Disney point!".

One of my hair products smells just like the Main Street Confectionary!

Soarinrulz

After it rains on a summer night. It always smells like Disney in the moring. Love at first..................smell.........:animwink:

BeastnBelle29

I went to zoo the other day and that ALWAYS reminds me of AK. I guess all the trees, animals, and themes make you feel like you're somewhere else. Feeling like your somewhere else is the whole point of WDW right?!:p

hemloc

The Mai-Kai in Fort Lauderdale is about as Disney as you can get outside of Adventureland or the Polynesian!! And if this place didn't inspire either of those, I would be extremely surprised since it's been around since the 50's!!

Check out the linkies if you like the tiki stuff:
www.maikai.com
http://www.critiki.com/cgi-bin/pictures.cgi?loc_id=60

1303_large.JPG

1575_large.JPG

1300_large.JPG

hemloc

That's funny how close they are. And also totally awesome.

Oh... This place is BEYOND AWESOME... It's the only place I will go and spend $100 at the bar:)eek:) on myself and be happy about it... The drinks alone are worth it!! I usually prefer $10 buckets of Miller Lite, if that gives ya any indication of how cheap I normally am, lol...

cndrellagrl

A few things for me...

Chicken strips without a doubt. Whenever we go to WDW, we eat them almost the entire time - they are so good. So whenever we I get them around here, I think of the magical place.

The smell of oranges - always reminds me of Soarin'.

There is this little Mexican restaurant in Chicago and whenever I eat there, it always reminds me of Mexico in Epcot.

(wow - all mine contain food. guess im hungry!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom