Everybody Loves MJ--Everyone Welcome!

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
That's my problem too.
Especially on night flights.
Once I click on that seat belt I get an almost unstoppable urge to get up and run. Very hard to get that under control but I do it by focusing on the people around me and the fact that they are all functioning normally. That helps.
I don't mind flying - just not a big fan of landing, especially if you circlr and circle and circle...

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
I don't mind flying - just not a big fan of landing, especially if you circlr and circle and circle...

Haven't had that happen to me, but I think that would do me in. :hurl:
I'm claustrophobic so that really kicks in on planes.

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
I'm at work already. Need I say more?

Boo!

We're having a pool party tonight. They're always so much fun!
This one is a pizza party and everyone is bringing a dessert.
Our pool usually closes at 8:00PM so it's nice to be out there after dark.
It's so pretty out by the pool at night. We have tiki torches and floating pool lights.
There's also a DJ for dancing.
I'm looking forward to it!

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Haven't had that happen to me, but I think that would do me in. :hurl:
I'm claustrophobic so that really kicks in on planes.
Last February I think we circled Orlando for about 1/2 hour befoe we finally landed. It's very annoying when you're anxious to get there. I realize that there are reasons though.
We circled in the fog going into Baltimore once and it was the closest I've ever come to freaking out on a plane. It was so eerie...

tigsmom

Nemo14 said:

We were stuck on the tarmac for hours in Tampa, we actually took off after we should have landed at home! A 2 1/2 hour trip took almost 8!
At first they wouldn't let us off the plane, but then there was a near riot...it wasn't pretty. Haven't flown since.

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Boo!

We're having a pool party tonight. They're always so much fun!
This one is a pizza party and everyone is bringing a dessert.
Our pool usually closes at 8:00PM so it's nice to be out there after dark.
It's so pretty out by the pool at night. We have tiki torches and floating pool lights.
There's also a DJ for dancing.
I'm looking forward to it!
Sounds like fun - we used to have block parties here where we'd close the street down and have pot-luck meals and music and what-not, but we haven't had one in years. it's all new neighbors now, and they're a "different" crowd.

tigsmom

Nemo14 said:
Sounds like fun - we used to have block parties here where we'd close the street down and have pot-luck meals and music and what-not, but we haven't had one in years. it's all new neighbors now, and they're a "different" crowd.

I live on a lake and we have a private beach, we have beach parties a few times a year. Its nice to get together with everyone in the neighborhood.
We've watched most of the kids grow up. :lol:

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Last February I think we circled Orlando for about 1/2 hour befoe we finally landed. It's very annoying when you're anxious to get there. I realize that there are reasons though.
We circled in the fog going into Baltimore once and it was the closest I've ever come to freaking out on a plane. It was so eerie...

I would hate that.
I love landing in Orlando! I love my first sighting of palm trees!
It would drive me crazy to be stuck up there when I'm so anxious to be down there!

Nemo14

tigsmom said:
We were stuck on the tarmac for hours in Tampa, we actually took off after we should have landed at home! A 2 1/2 hour trip took almost 8!
At first they wouldn't let us off the plane, but then there was a near riot...it wasn't pretty. Haven't flown since.
That happened to us in Raleigh-Durham the first time we flew with both kids (DS was an infant). The AC could not be run and it was sweltering hot. Fortunately I had brought drinks for DD and DS had bottles in a little cooler. That was the last time we flew American Airlines!

Nemo14

tigsmom said:
I live on a lake and we have a private beach, we have beach parties a few times a year. Its nice to get together with everyone in the neighborhood.
That's how it was here - but eventually most of the families moved out, so we don't even know most of the neighbors anymore.

Uponastar

Betty said:

We used to have those too! They were awesome, but as the years went by the younger crowd starting getting out of hand. It was all about the drinking. By the time we moved, the block parties were history.

tigsmom said:

Wow Mad!
That sounds wonderful.
Summer is a very social time here. It's all about the pool.
It's nice to be out with friends in such a relaxed setting.

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
*packs a bathing suit, towel, and a plate of brownies, and heads for Philly*

Yay! :sohappy:
Saves me from coming up with a dessert! :lookaroun

Just kidding!
I'd love to have you. . .
And George and Dave could have a talk-a-thon!

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Yay! :sohappy:
Saves me from coming up with a dessert! :lookaroun

Just kidding!
I'd love to have you. . .
And George and Dave could have a talk-a-thon!
My money's on Dave winning that one!

Nemo14

Well, we're off to the car wash (the youth group from church is running one as a fundraiser and Dave and DS are working at it). Nothing like paying good money to watch your family sweat! :lol:

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
My money's on Dave winning that one!

Oh boy, I seriously can't imagine that!
George argues with the Talk Radio shows!
He has this headphone radio that only he can hear (thank God!) and he rants out loud to whatever it is he's listening to!

:lookaroun

I was young and in love. . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom