Ever wonder...?

The Mom

Premium Member
I think if you were to do a quick search, you'll find the latest discussion, with several theories presented. The most feasible is that it couldn't be redesigned to conform with the ADA requirements...but that's just my opinion. :)

no2apprentice

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by The Mom

This forum is where I come to get AWAY from my life....contrary to what some people think, I do have one. It just isn't one that most 20 somethings can understand; I wouldn't have 25+ years ago, either.

Mom, I'm sure glad you post things like this once in a while.:animwink:

Titanbull, this may give you some different thoughts/opinions on 20k...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14135

mwitkus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by YankeeFan

Ok, I'll give you 'over-aggressive', but certainly not rude, arrogant, or self-righteous.....at least not nearly to the extent that several others around here are being. I see the point in not being as dogmatic in my opinion as I have been, it doesn't help a friendly debate, just antagonizes and isn't necessary around here. So, effort will be made to step back a bit.....though that should go for others here too.

:sohappy: :sohappy:

Let's all hear it for YankeeFan who seems to finally get it!!! Maybe we will enjoy better debates now???

(and I mean this sincerely... no sarcasm at all.. promise!!!)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by mwitkus

:sohappy: :sohappy:

Let's all hear it for YankeeFan who seems to finally get it!!! Maybe we will enjoy better debates now???

(and I mean this sincerely... no sarcasm at all.. promise!!!)

I'm guessing no.....people like him seem to follow the same pattern....

...too bad the ending is usually being banned.

cm1988

Thematic transformation

I agree that the haunted mansion is a less-smooth transition than some other areas...

In theory, you could say, the transition could be..

1. Colonial period (New England)
2. Sleepy Hollow (headless horseman)
3. Haunted Mansion

But geographically, that transformation isn't lined up the same. As you stand by the Hall of the Presidents, you look over at Haunted Mansion. "Sleepy Hollow" is behind you.

cymbaldiva

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by no2apprentice

Mom, I'm sure glad you post things like this once in a while.:animwink:

Me too! :) Thank you for some words of wisdom that we all really do need to take to heart!

jrashadb

Re: Thematic transformation

Originally posted by cm1988
I agree that the haunted mansion is a less-smooth transition than some other areas...

3. Haunted Mansion

But geographically, that transformation isn't lined up the same. As you stand by the Hall of the Presidents, you look over at Haunted Mansion. "Sleepy Hollow" is behind you.

Y'know... I always had something in the back of mind that bothered me about all that. but, I just accepted it as being OK, because it was Disney. I don't know... it seems as though I have a tendency to throw conventional logic out of the door when it somes to Disney... to a point.
Anyway, yeah, I suppose now that I think about it, having HM in Liberty Square doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but where else would it go? I think it's in a good place right now.

jrashadb

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Once again, I agree! :animwink:

heh...
OK, here's an "ever wonder?..." question for you. Have you ever noticed that almost every disney chorus, except for the chorus in the candlelight processional and IASW sounds the same?
Like, does it sound like the same chorus that sings the songs for Fantasmic sing the song for the Stars and Cars Parade?
And, doesn't it seem like that same chorus has sung every single disney song in the parks, like, ever?

Fun to be Free (WoM)
Zip-ah-de-doo-dah (SM)
If we can dream it (Horizons)
We Go On (Illuminations)
Golden Dream (AE)

My mother and I, when I talk to her, call it "the Disney Chorus."

Now, there is a very good chance we're totally wrong about this, but we hear it. Anyone else?

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Thematic transformation

Originally posted by cm1988

3. Haunted Mansion

I think you could say the same thing about Adventureland...it's also a hodge-podge of continents and locations with no logical transition. And we've already pointed out the incongruity in Tomorrowland! I guess we don't notice it as much in Fantasyland where EVERYTHING is based on make-believe....instead of lands of make-believe based (very loosely) on reality. ;)

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by jrashadb

heh...
OK, here's an "ever wonder?..." question for you. Have you ever noticed that almost every disney chorus, except for the chorus in the candlelight processional and IASW sounds the same?
Like, does it sound like the same chorus that sings the songs for Fantasmic sing the song for the Stars and Cars Parade?
And, doesn't it seem like that same chorus has sung every single disney song in the parks, like, ever?

Fun to be Free (WoM)
Zip-ah-de-doo-dah (SM)
We Go On (Illuminations)
Golden Dream (AE)

Now, there is a very good chance we're totally wrong about this, but we hear it. Anyone else?

Disney does have their very own chorus. Used to be very presitigous to be a part of it. I don't know what the name was or what became of them, but they did do the theme park ride songs.

-Rob

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by jrashadb

heh...

Fun to be Free (WoM)
Zip-ah-de-doo-dah (SM)
We Go On (Illuminations)
Golden Dream (AE)

Well, on the few of those attractions that I've experienced (well I've never seen Fantasmic or the Stars & Cars parade), I do agree...

Unfortunately, I haven't been to WDW in almost 2 years :( so I'm not as up to date on things as I should be...

I will take your word for it of course; we agree on everything else, so you must be right! :D

jrashadb

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

Well, on the few of those attractions that I've experienced (well I've never seen Fantasmic or the Stars & Cars parade), I do agree...

Unfortunately, I haven't been to WDW in almost 2 years :( so I'm not as up to date on things as I should be...

I will take your word for it of course; we agree on everything else, so you must be right! :D

HAHAHA...
Yeah, I saw The American Adventure today and was reintroduced to the Disney Chorus.

Rob: That's pretty cool that Disney has its own chorus. They sound great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom