Ever think you would miss....

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
the crowds at WDW?

Seriously, I have a trip planned for Thanksgiving holiday week, that is usually always a crazy time, and at first I was like, well, less people will be nice, but masks, worrying about catching COVID, not being able to have a drink and make conversation with folks at a pool bar? Nope, give me the crowds all that come with them over what it is now.
Any other things you thought you might never say, that this crazy COVID has brought about?

Ricky Spanish

4C5270F1-CCE6-4E7F-8E8F-5C77BA653D20.jpeg

We went right after 9/11. There were hardly anyone there. Now that I said that. We like standing in line and meeting other guest. So if you think not having a crowd was something we missEd you would be wrong. It gave us a lot of time to talk to the CM,s and the foreign CM,s. We had a ball. Since I was retired military a lot of the lands we had visited and we had experiences and lived in Where a lot of them was from. The only draw back was how many times we were asked to do a survey. Lots of times by the person we did one the day before in a different park.

britdaw

Well I have a child with autism who has meltdowns if we have to wait too long, and gets very overstimulated if there's too much noise and motion around him for long periods of time so I think being at WDW with the "crowds" the way they are right now would be a dream. However, it's part of the experience, so it would feel very surreal and un-Disney to me.

belledream

To be clear, do I like crowds, no. But if given the choice between wearing masks, and dealing with a pandemic, or crowds, I will take crowds.
This. And also, maybe I am going a little nutso, but seeing all the pictures of empty parks screams 'desertion' in a... depressing way to me. It just gives me this weird twinge of sadness, especially seeing CMs in masks and face shields, and signs everywhere you turn reminding you of the awful reality that I'd be trying to escape. Hard to explain and clearly I'm in the minority... but I do miss seeing people in the parks.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
the crowds at WDW?

Seriously, I have a trip planned for Thanksgiving holiday week, that is usually always a crazy time, and at first I was like, well, less people will be nice, but masks, worrying about catching COVID, not being able to have a drink and make conversation with folks at a pool bar? Nope, give me the crowds all that come with them over what it is now.
Any other things you thought you might never say, that this crazy COVID has brought about?
I actually like people watching at WDW. I enjoy having a nice beverage and just watching the hustle and bustle of people immersed in their Disney joy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom