Ever been sick while on your trip?

Luige11

Original Poster
While i went to disney almost ever single trip i as sick (food poisoning fever ect.) The last time I went i didnt get sick. My brothers girlfriend did but not me. So have you ever been sick on your trip?

EDIT: I had a bad asthma attack and had to call 911 it took the ambulance forever to get there.

kitten2299

not me but my DD 4yrs old was she had a fever of 103 when I took her to the first aid station and they gave her motron and told me she would be ok as long as she was taking fluids. They were very good to her and me since I was hysterical saying OMG do we need to get an ambulance to take her to the hospital?!? She ended up being fine her fever broke in the morning but that was the worst night for me.

Luige11

Original Poster
not me but my DD 4yrs old was she had a fever of 103 when I took her to the first aid station and they gave her motron and told me she would be ok as long as she was taking fluids. They were very good to her and me since I was hysterical saying OMG do we need to get an ambulance to take her to the hospital?!? She ended up being fine her fever broke in the morning but that was the worst night for me.

I had a bad asthma attack and had to call 911 it took the ambulance forever to get there

kitten2299

I had a bad asthma attack and had to call 911 it took the ambulance forever to get there

OMG how terrible :eek: !!! I hope they were able to do something for you while you were waiting. That is scary to think that when there is a life threating situation you have to wait forever for an ambulance.

Luige11

Original Poster
OMG how terrible :eek: !!! I hope they were able to do something for you while you were waiting. That is scary to think that when there is a life threating situation you have to wait forever for an ambulance.
At first i sat in the bath room floor with my mom so i had a bottle of cold water but the fact of the heat didnt help at all ( I didnt know i had asthma so i didnt have a inhaler) But it was like 5am so they gave me some oxygen and i woke up at 8 and i went to the parks.

reptar77

I got food poisoning from Alfredo's twice, ended up at Celebration Hospital.

General colds every once in awhile. This has greatly decreased since we stopped eating at buffets. If we do eat at buffets we ALWAYS book first seating.

DisneyPrincess5

Thankfully, no, but I truly feel for those who get sick in general, but especially while on their WDW vacation. I hear all these horror stories about people with the stomach bug, fevers, etc and that's not fun to begin with, but on vacation...extra not fun!

I must say though after eating a shady burger at ABC Commissary, and I was incredibly nauseous and then rode Star Tours after wards! We joke all the time about how it was a miracle that I didn't vomit on the ride!
Then we rode a crowded standing room only bus from MGM to the Poly, swaying and stopping short, still didn't puke, and still don't know how I didn't!

kadesha

My daughters got a virus when we were there in May of 07. We ended up having to spend our Epcot day at Celebration Hospital. We went in November this year and I just couldn't believe how the trip started out. My kids had a virus the week before we were supposed to leave. I was so thankful that they were better in time for our trip. We were packing our car and getting ready to start our 9 hour drive. We put the kids in their carseats and sickness struck! The virus had hit me. We had to unload the kids and let me stay in the house for about 2 hours. After that I took a bucket in the car and rode the long 9 hours, very sick!!! By the time we got there the throwing up had stopped but I didn't feel like eating anything. We had MVMCP tickets that night and I just ended up sitting on the sidewalk most of the night while DH entertained the kids. Luckily I was fine the next day!

Hoping for better luck this year!!!!!

LoriMistress

Yes, on our honeymoon I got sick. My sinuses were killing me, and I didn't have any allergy meds and I ended up getting sick. I lost my voice in result of it.

SchultzFamily

I've never gotten sick at Disney (although I did get sick this past September on the last part of our trip in Daytona); DH got sick in September after eating at the Whispering Canyon Cafe and we won't be going back (didn't like the food anyway).

Craig & Lisa

In 19 visits to the World I've never gotton sick, knock on wood. But my wife, older and younger son did or have gotton sick while there, my younger son was able to shake it off, but my wife and older son had to go to centra care. Very nice setup, they picked them up even took them to get meds and then bring them to wherever they wanted to go, ie park.

EPCOT Explorer

I had a hellish migraine (Like being sick for me) but that did not ruin EPCOT for me.:lol: I powered through it...and almost had a protein spill on UoE of all things.:lol::lookaroun

agent86

I had a really bad chest cold on one of my trips, but nothing was going to stop me from making the trip. Usually when I get a bad chest cold, it takes forever to clear up and for the cough to go away. But I think the Florida humidity actually helped, as I was completely recovered within just a few days into the trip.

rsoxguy

I once caught the flu on my first day of a three day trip. I toughed it out for the sake of my daughter, but WDW with a high fever and multiple symptoms was a drag.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I once had a horrible stomach virus while I was there and needed to see a doctor. I toughed it out one day and toured Animal Kingdom and Epcot, but later that night when I got home I was vomiting profusely. To this day, I swear one of the toilets at Pop Century will never be the same.

Anyway, I ended up feeling horrible the next day, but the CM's at the desk couldn't have been more helpful. I was able to get a prescription, sent one more day recouperating, and then worked my way back in to the parks. It was not the most pleasant trip, but I was glad I was able to get better and salvage the last couple of days.

minnie64

Oh yes! When I was a kid I got sick there and to this day I never forget it .. it was awful! Haha i still remeber the dirty looks I got when I cut the whole bathroom line in MGM near ToT while my mother was screaming " Move aside folks shes gotta be sick!" :lol:welp. people didnt move in time and there was a protien spill everywhere how embarassing I re live the moment everytime I go into that bathroom :rolleyes:

hrcollectibles

I wasn't sick but in December of 2007 I severely sprained my ankle while at a club in Downtown Orlando. It stunk. This was on the Friday night before the Mega Mouse Meet. It was my first Mousefest. I woke up and hobbled to my car, went to Wal-Greens, picked up an ankle brace and managed to enjoy the rest of my week.

goodtimes5286

i got sick last may in disney, thing was, i had a stomach ulcer and i didnt know it :shrug:

then in december my dad got madd sick, 3 days he was in bed and he didn't even know if he was going to be able to drive back, he managed though, although he still wasnt feeling well. it was when that virus was goin around disney, lets jus say he had to use the toilet AND the bath tub at the same time:(

BigB911

On our 2nd day in The World, our first day ever at the Magic Kingdom, DD and DW both ended up dehydrated. DD had a temp of 104, and DW was complaining of chest pains and shortness of breath. The first aid staff was fantastic! Administered children's Motrin to DD and gave them both Powerade. They wanted to send them both out to the hospital, but DW refused, and DD's temp quickly came down in the air conditioning, fluids, and Motrin. They did say we were done for the day, though, and would provide transport back to ASMo for us. A CM with a plaid vest arrived, took us backstage, and rode us back to our resort in his own vehicle. He gave us a little tour on the way out, too, pointing out the JC and such. I really didn't pay attention as I was worried about my ladies.

Anywho...next day, everyone was fine. We hit Epcot hard and had a great day. I kept pouring Powerade down their throats and they were fine. It became part of our morning routine on the way to the bus stop: grab some Powerade in the gift shop. And it will be when we go back, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom