Ernesto

pinkrose

Original Poster
Awesome! :lol:

The shower thing...ahh! During Katrina, the cold shower was very nice. But omg during Wilma :eek: You could hear me yelling and I kept running back and forth so I wouldn't be under the cold water for long :lookaroun

OMG! The image :lol:

We have a gas hot water heater, so we don't lose hot water, thank goodness.

Nemo14

Just popping in to say good luck to all of you. My sister in Bradenton is batting down the hatches now, as I'm sure most of you are! Let's hope it really loses steam over Cuba!

cobaltbluechase

143354W_sm.gif

This is the latest from NHC. I know to always wait till the last minute for changes but if it stays somewhat like this I should be fine. I'm traveling Thursday morning and should be arriving in Orlando at 3ish so the storm should be up north when I get up there. Right? This is just civilian speculation....I could be very wrong

cmatt

exxxxcellent - erm for a n00b however what is the definition of tropical storms? in scotland it just means rain in the summer thats 1 degrees warmer then the rain in the winter which is ice cold :lol:

still, good news for moi - fingers crossed this will mean universal will be empty on the friday :D

SpongeScott

exxxxcellent - erm for a n00b however what is the definition of tropical storms? in scotland it just means rain in the summer thats 1 degrees warmer then the rain in the winter which is ice cold :lol:

still, good news for moi - fingers crossed this will mean universal will be empty on the friday :D
Tropical Depression: A tropical cyclone in which the maximum sustained surface wind speed (using the U.S. 1-minute average) is 33 kt (38 mph or 62 km/hr) or less.

Tropical Storm: A tropical cyclone in which the maximum sustained surface wind speed (using the U.S. 1-minute average) ranges from 34 kt (39 mph or 63 km/hr) to 63 kt (73 mph or 118 km/hr).

Hurricane / Typhoon: A tropical cyclone in which the maximum sustained surface wind (using the U.S. 1-minute average) is 64 kt (74 mph or 119 km/hr) or more. The term hurricane is used for Northern Hemisphere tropical cyclones east of the International Dateline to the Greenwich Meridian. The term typhoon is used for Pacific tropical cyclones north of the Equator west of the International Dateline.

Lanipie

143354W_sm.gif

This is the latest from NHC. I know to always wait till the last minute for changes but if it stays somewhat like this I should be fine. I'm traveling Thursday morning and should be arriving in Orlando at 3ish so the storm should be up north when I get up there. Right? This is just civilian speculation....I could be very wrong

You are travelling and arriving at the SAME time as us! We're thinking it's gonna be ok too. We may have quite a bit of rain on the drive down, but it should clear out in time for our first park day. we may have some lingering rain bands but nothing life threatening! :D

cmatt

cheers mate :) * fingers crossed that the worst case its a tropical storm! * still there will be AWESOME lightning :)

Tornado

I'm gonna be at the world 8th Sept - 18th, so, once this storm fizzles out, is there much chance of another one emerging? Or will there be a while between them, or is it pretty much just pot luck?

DDuckFan130

I'm gonna be at the world 8th Sept - 18th, so, once this storm fizzles out, is there much chance of another one emerging? Or will there be a while between them, or is it pretty much just pot luck?
Pot luck pretty much :lol:

So far we've been lucky...by this time last year, we were on K (Katrina) and Ernesto is the first one to actually threaten Florida or any neighboring state.

Trishnh

143354W_sm.gif

This new track is looking a lot better..Lets hope he keeps going East and fizzles out!! Looks like we may be OK for our Thurs morning flight, though!!

cobaltbluechase

This new track is looking a lot better..Lets hope he keeps going East and fizzles out!! Looks like we may be OK for our Thurs morning flight, though!!

You got that right Trishnh, this route looks a lot better. Hopefully it will keep pushed east. My headache is finally gone and I can back to being so very stoked about my trip!!!

sandman50

cheers mate :) * fingers crossed that the worst case its a tropical storm! * still there will be AWESOME lightning :)

Cmatt you'll get your lightning and tornadoes in the feeder bands on the edges of the main storm.
Pretty much just wind and rain and more rain closest to the center.
Probably wouldn't be much fun at a park with a strong tropical storm though.
I know your used to wind,but I can't help but think 30-40mph sustained winds with gusts up to 60mph or so would make for a fairly dismal experience even without considering implications in the parks.
Hehe its breezy walking under SSE on a normal day.Imagine a 75mph blast.:eek:

Looks like if things progress like the models indicate now,you should be okay.
Definately want good weather for a Disney trip.
Here's hoping

rich

p.s. I like the new track forcasts for my home.

cmatt

Cmatt you'll get your lightning and tornadoes in the feeder bands on the edges of the main storm.
Pretty much just wind and rain and more rain closest to the center.
Probably wouldn't be much fun at a park with a strong tropical storm though.
I know your used to wind,but I can't help but think 30-40mph sustained winds with gusts up to 60mph or so would make for a fairly dismal experience even without considering implications in the parks.
Hehe its breezy walking under SSE on a normal day.Imagine a 75mph blast.:eek:

Looks like if things progress like the models indicate now,you should be okay.
Definately want good weather for a Disney trip.
Here's hoping

rich

p.s. I like the new track forcasts for my home.

see - im not fussed - i burn... easily, i get heat rash, and generally get in a really bad mood when i overheat...

so yes i want rain :rolleyes: 30mph winds is nothing :lol:

cmatt

:lol: Maybe you should move your trip up a couple of days.:lol: j/k
The heat will be back on by the time your here I think.

rich

i just slap on factor goth (50+) and take a load of allergy tablets!

works a treat :rolleyes: ill still burn no doubt :lookaroun

figment1985

I'll be there the same time as you... I'm hoping we get lucky....

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm preparing for lousy weather starting tomorrow night, but I doubt that we'll have much in the way of wind damage. The usual low lying areas will probably flood, so schools might be cancelled on Thursday. The Son is hoping the storm stalls and doesn't hit until Thursday afternoon, so that he won't have school on Friday, which would make a 4 day weekend.

I'm all set, so while others are running around looking for supplies, I'll buy my husband a new car for his birthday. Hmmm, end of the month, TS bearing down, showrooms empty of customers. Think they'll be willing to give me a good price? :lol:

hcswingfield

I'm preparing for lousy weather starting tomorrow night, but I doubt that we'll have much in the way of wind damage. The usual low lying areas will probably flood, so schools might be cancelled on Thursday. The Son is hoping the storm stalls and doesn't hit until Thursday afternoon, so that he won't have school on Friday, which would make a 4 day weekend.

I'm all set, so while others are running around looking for supplies, I'll buy my husband a new car for his birthday. Hmmm, end of the month, TS bearing down, showrooms empty of customers. Think they'll be willing to give me a good price? :lol:

Cool! I bought my car last summer as everyone else in Birmingham was preparing for the arrival of Hurricane Dennis! And yes, I got a good price. Have fun shopping!

Harry

Valawen9

Ahhh I was so worried this thing was going to ruin the little weekend getaway I had planned, but looks like it will be well out of Florida by Saturday.

I'm actually not really worried about this storm doing a whole lot of damage. Its only a TS, and even if it does turn back into a hurricane it'll only be like a Cat.1.

What I'm most worried about is being out of power for more than a day! lol Not having power for 7 days right after Hurricane Frances was a NIGHTMARE.:eek:

And people are freaking out down here. Gas stations are running out of gas left and right and the lines are sooooooo long to get gas. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom