EpcotServo's Feb. 15th STUDIOS Update: Celebrate Already!

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Hey there everybodys! Went to Studios, and amongst the fighting of the crowds I bring back reportages! Let's get right down to it.

STUDIOS

-Crowds were Heavy to Extreme. Long Lines, Big Crowds, the works. Didn't even get near Sunset Blvd.

-Everything was working fine on Midway Mania, had a 150 Min. wait before noon.

-IDOL is on the maps.

-So last time I saw Idol was the first Finale Show with guests. This was the first time I saw one of the normal day shows, and now that I've seen them I can attest to liking the Finale show way better. Mostly because you don't have to endure the incredibly cheezy Sing Along feel good 80's style music montage towards the end of the show. Most people sang and danced along. Me?

You know that scene in Hot Fuzz when Angel and Danny watch the play?

:lol:

-Another unapproved addition is a fake Entertainment Tonight-esque pre show called "American Idol Today". It's completely fake, and it completely takes away the fun of the Live Host's pre show warm up that I enjoyed. Show up late now, says I!

-As for the actual show, the Lighting and the Judges are still the most enjoyable part of the show for me. The singers ranged from "Eh" to "Not that Bad" mostly. Again, the lighting and the excitement of the Cast is the only thing that makes the show enjoyable for me. Generally the auedience overall reaction seems to range from "Had a good time" too "That was a little odd".

-They've added an "Amazing Photos" booth to the Idol store, hawking oppertunitines to photoshop yourself on stage. Hurmm.

-The arrows that stick out of Bean Bunny's box in the end of Muppets were actually working, they've been turned off for a few years! Thanks for Fixing!
:sohappy:

OK, that seems to be all. On to the Photos!

Enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/EpcotSe...IOSUpdateCelebrateAlready#5303476483409124930

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
-So last time I saw Idol was the first Finale Show with guests. This was the first time I saw one of the normal day shows, and now that I've seen them I can attest to liking the Finale show way better. Mostly because you don't have to endure the incredibly cheezy Sing Along feel good 80's style music montage towards the end of the show. Most people sang and danced along. Me?

-Another unapproved addition is a fake Entertainment Tonight-esque pre show called "American Idol Today". It's completely fake, and it completely takes away the fun of the Live Host's pre show warm up that I enjoyed. Show up late now, says I!

http://picasaweb.google.com/EpcotSe...IOSUpdateCelebrateAlready#5303476483409124930

Just to clarify, is it the case now that the whole warm up thing in the preshow area is gone, and replaced with a pre-recorded pre show?

And for the finale, the Jordin Sparks sing and dance along is history?

If so, sounds like a good improvement! :)

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Just to clarify, is it the case now that the whole warm up thing in the preshow area is gone, and replaced with a pre-recorded pre show?

No they still do it, in fact they mesh it in with the video having them go "Live" to the park then it cuts to the camera guy's feed. The host still does the warm up, but the recorded preshow is now before and after he walks the preshow getting shots.

And for the finale, the Jordin Sparks sing and dance along is history?

If so, sounds like a good improvement! :)

The sing and dance along was never in the Finale show to begin with, hence why I think the Finale show is an improvement over the regular shows.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
No they still do it, in fact they mesh it in with the video having them go "Live" to the park then it cuts to the camera guy's feed. The host still does the warm up, but the recorded preshow is now before and after he walks the preshow getting shots.

The sing and dance along was never in the Finale show to begin with, hence why I think the Finale show is an improvement over the regular shows.

Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully that sing along will go from the regular shows as well.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully that sing along will go from the regular shows as well.

I would be very happy if I never had to see that stupid sing along again. Backlot trams driving past the Hat? Singing and dancing in ToT? Total shenanigans. :brick: I am afraid it will never disappear though. I am sure they spent a nice chunk of money to produce that glorified commercial.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I would be very happy if I never had to see that stupid sing along again. Backlot trams driving past the Hat? Singing and dancing in ToT? Total shenanigans. :brick: I am afraid it will never disappear though. I am sure they spent a nice chunk of money to produce that glorified commercial.

Never say never with Disney LOL. They have spent considerably more money on show elements in the past and then abandoned them, close to, or just after opening. I'm not holding my breath on this one, but here's hoping :)

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Never say never with Disney LOL. They have spent considerably more money on show elements in the past and then abandoned them, close to, or just after opening. I'm not holding my breath on this one, but here's hoping :)

Well, I am going to hold on to your positivity then and pray that they can the sing along. What a waste of 5 minutes of my life that I will never get back. :lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Well, I am going to hold on to your positivity then and pray that they can the sing along. What a waste of 5 minutes of my life that I will never get back. :lol:

LOL yeah.

I understand how they had the idea, it's done with the best of intentions, but it just doesnt work. I am sure it went along the lines of

"OK, so we have 3 singers in the show BUT... wouldnt it be nice if ALL of the guests could have a go at being an IDOL! That way nobody would feel left out".

"So how about we get one of the idols to record a song, and we could get all those guests who had previously just sat there to sing along!!".

"GREAT IDEA, here's $100,000 - go shoot something!"

DisneyDellsDude

Thanks for the pictures. I always enjoy your updates!!:wave:

I had two questions...
1) Does anyone know what day they completed the painting of the sorcerer's hat?

2) When is the jumbotron used outside AIE, and how does it look?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks for the pictures. I always enjoy your updates!!:wave:

I had two questions...
1) Does anyone know what day they completed the painting of the sorcerer's hat?

2) When is the jumbotron used outside AIE, and how does it look?

1. I know it was done by the Idol media day on the 12th. I got these pics from that day
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...orcerer-Mickey-Hat-refurbishment-complete.htm

2. The screen outside is on for whenever the park is open. Looks very good in person, they did a great job with it.

Katherine

Great update! I always love looking through your pics and reading the captions... my favorite from this batch... picture of celebrate today banner w/ the caption "hangover tomorrow"

Figment1986

Hey, where can I get one of those sandhill cranes to take my camera for some good crane shots? lol

Love the photos... to much idol though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom