EpcotServo's Aug. 5th STUDIOS Update: New Camera Meets World

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Studios...

The much-explored frontier...

These are the voyages of the PowerShot NEWCAMERA...

It's five year mission to explore strange new parks, take pictures of walls and trash cans...

and to boldly go where only one camera has gone before!

SERVO TREK

Dun-naaaa! Na na na na naaaaa!

:lookaroun

Sorry. Just wanted to show an example right off the bat that this Update is a tad un-usual. Why? A BRAND NEW CAMERA!

Yes, this is the first update with the high-tech-super-powerfull-fancyfied-HIGH DEFINITION-Canon PowerShot S5 IS!

So 475 pictures (And 1 video) later, here we are! So let's get started with the news!

STUDIOS

-Crowds were medium. Crazy, but not that bad.

-Toy Story Midway Mania was packed all day long. Fastpasses were gone by 1 o' clock, I overheard a guest say.

-All of the TSM shirts (With the exception of the Jessie one) are gone. So if you didn't buy the Extremely-Overpriced Potato Head shirt, or the Rex, or Woody Shirts (-cough-me-cough-) Disney's basicly shortchanged you on good Midway Mania shirts. Instead they've been replaced by EXTREMELY cheap and tacky Potato Head shirts that A: Look nothing like the actual Mr. Potato Head in the ride and B: Aren't funny in any way. For some reason they have "Toy Story Midway Mania" on them, even though they have nothing to do with Midway Mania.

-The toy Spring-Action-Shooters are here now, they're great even though the shirt situation above stinks.

-As mentioned elsewhere, both the outdoor Limo at RNR and the Balloon at Muppets are gone for painting/repair.

-Wall-E is astoundingly popular, since there was actually a five-deep line to get their pictures taken with the small cardboard-like cutout the entire time I was in the animation building. We need that AA meet and greet NOW!

OK, that's it for the words. Now on all the brand-new-HD-pictures!

Enjoy!
:wave:

http://picasaweb.google.com/EpcotSe...NewCameraMeetsWorld/photo#5231511727361048066

WDWFigment

Thanks for the update. I wonder when we can expect the balloon and limo back in place?

Also, I've always wondered: how long does it take you to write all the clever captions for these photos? I'm imagine it's quite an involving process.

PeoplemoverTTA

Great update, EpcotServo! Love the shots from the new camera :sohappy: Perhaps we should enshrine the old one in the WDWMagic Museum, as a testament to your always fun and interesting updates :)

mrerk

Premium Member
Great update as usual. A slightly OT question. How do you like the S5IS? I'm looking to upgrade my S1IS and can't decide between the S5 and the G9.

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Great update as usual. A slightly OT question. How do you like the S5IS? I'm looking to upgrade my S1IS and can't decide between the S5 and the G9.

I can't say anything about the S1IS, but I'm REALLY loving the S5.

Speaking of which, here's an example of how great the video camera function is. (Keep in mind it did lose some of the quality when uploaded to YouTube)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntje4ODORjc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntje4ODORjc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

MuRkErY

Great update.

One thing.

The neon on the GMR signage.

It was out for three months in 2006, the same area is still out now, have they replaced it and it has now gone out again, because if not, that is really, really bad show.

I was ed that they had a half lit sign for three months, every day I'd come into MGM thinking, have they replaced the Neon on GMR yet, and nooope. But 2 years, please tell me it has only just gone out again?

Figment82

I actually bought the "angry eyes" shirt because it's an inside joke with some of my friends. But I do admit the shape of the text box is a little odd. Yet, I'm a girl so it's not *quite* as bad I guess. Plus I had to buy a kid's shirt to get one that fit! Excellent... :)

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Great update.

One thing.

The neon on the GMR signage.

It was out for three months in 2006, the same area is still out now, have they replaced it and it has now gone out again, because if not, that is really, really bad show.

I was ed that they had a half lit sign for three months, every day I'd come into MGM thinking, have they replaced the Neon on GMR yet, and nooope. But 2 years, please tell me it has only just gone out again?

The side in the picture is, as you can see, messed up. But I did notice that the other side was actually all lit up and working fine. It comes and goes, sometimes it works, other times it isn't. I think they just break all the time.

OH, and I forgot to mention: I finally passed the 200,000 mark on Midway Mania! My new high score is 201,000!
:D

Matpez

I have not been in the new meet & greet...
randomaugust08%20438.jpg

Is there actually a Zurg?

EpcotServo

Original Poster
I have not been in the new meet & greet...
Is there actually a Zurg?

I haven't been in there, but I'm pretty sure it would be one of the cardboard-esque cutouts that fill the space. (Like WALL-E in the Animation building)

Evo

Great Update! How much do the Spring Action Shooters Cost? Oh, and that Tower of Terror picture would make a good wallpaper..

Ev

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom