Epcot's Ice Station Cool to undergo 6 month rehab

imagineer boy

MrToad1 said:
6 months? are you serious? What is so revolutionary about Ice Station Cool that it needs an entire half a year to refurbish. That seems a bit lazy to me. I just saw an entire Olive Garden Restaurant go up in about 2 months.
hmmm, I just think that pretty strange!

Yeah, this is very puzzling indeed.

OmegaKnight, who is your scource?

speck76

Perhaps it is moving, or plain-out going away....perhaps it is a total concept change, it could turn into a Coke Red Lounge, or something along those lines.

I always thought a better location for it would either be in World Showcase, or in the Innoventions building occupied by Mouse Gear. With Epcot using the Fountainview building now for the festival center, they could be running out of room. Also, if the counter service in that building were to reopen (which it could with the rising attendance at Epcot) then the Festival Centers would not be able to use as much of that area.

DarkMeasures

AEfx said:
1) I'm glad they are doing SOMETHING...it's sat there for how long with that silly, long entrance and no snow? Anytime I've brought anyone through there I've actually been embarassed for Disney. It probably was the single most glaring bad-show I've seen. All those exposed pipes and such...and completely dry with no snow.

I have an urge to flame you but instead. Those pipes are part of the theming. And now, I must force you to ride Spaceship Earth while looking strait up the whole time to see something that is not part of the theming.

AEfx

DarkMeasures said:
I have an urge to flame you but instead. Those pipes are part of the theming. And now, I must force you to ride Spaceship Earth while looking strait up the whole time to see something that is not part of the theming.

Um...Okay.

Did you read what I said, or did you just focus in on one tiny sentance fragment that offended you?

As I said twice...it's the NO SNOW. It just looks stupid walking around with all those exposed pipes and an empty, dry tunnel.

It resembled an unfinished basement that looked like a generic set you'd see Sidney runnning through on "Alias" or any number of cop/chase shows.

With no snow, and everything exposed, yes, it was terrible show. I saw so many people walk out of there with such a confused look on their face when it ended up in a Coke shop. People didn't understand the point. It hasn't had snow since at least last year, and I'm glad they are going to remove the eyesore it became inside.

I'm not sure which was worse - knowing how cool it was (no pun intended) when there was snow in there, or not knowing and just thinking it was some oddly unfinished entrance tunnel with funny plastic curtains.

AEfx

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Perhaps it closing because Eisner found Disney were giving out something and not charging for it :eek: :drevil:

No Freebies........................Not on my watch

rubysparky77

How about relocating it to that now unused (except for special events) Odyssey Restaurant. It is closer to World Showcase and it is a larger facility where they could have even more sodas to try. Hopefully they'll put the Beverly next to the bathrooms, though, so if people gag they can relieve themselves...

DisneyJill

When I was there a few weeks ago, Ice Station Cool was badly in need of...something. A lot of the drink dispensers were broken (like, the majority) and it wasn't really picked up...I dunno. It was just kind of a disaster. I hope they spiff it up. :)

DisneyMarg

AEfx said:
Um...Okay.

Did you read what I said, or did you just focus in on one tiny sentance fragment that offended you?

As I said twice...it's the NO SNOW. It just looks stupid walking around with all those exposed pipes and an empty, dry tunnel.

It resembled an unfinished basement that looked like a generic set you'd see Sidney runnning through on "Alias" or any number of cop/chase shows.

With no snow, and everything exposed, yes, it was terrible show. I saw so many people walk out of there with such a confused look on their face when it ended up in a Coke shop. People didn't understand the point. It hasn't had snow since at least last year, and I'm glad they are going to remove the eyesore it became inside.

I'm not sure which was worse - knowing how cool it was (no pun intended) when there was snow in there, or not knowing and just thinking it was some oddly unfinished entrance tunnel with funny plastic curtains.

AEfx

Yeah. We didn't know. In fact until just now... this minute... I had no idea there had been snow. I just thought you got drinks there. Wow. Snow. Wish I had seen that.

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
A little update on the now closed ISC. When it re-opens later this year, it will no longer be called Ice Station Cool. Its new name will be .......(drum roll)....

Club Cool

speck76

OmegaKnight said:
A little update on the now closed ISC. When it re-opens later this year, it will no longer be called Ice Station Cool. Its new name will be .......(drum roll)....

Club Cool

Similar to Coke's "Red Lounge" I would assume

jedimaster1227

Referring back to what I said... Coke is preparing for the grand re-opening of the World of Coke, maybe Club Coke is a breakoff of the new world...

speck76

jedimaster1227 said:
Referring back to what I said... Coke is preparing for the grand re-opening of the World of Coke, maybe Club Coke is a breakoff of the new world...

Coke also has a new concept called "Coke's Red Lounge" (it is not a bar)

stitchlvr

Smart Cola (China's watermelon pop) is the BEST! I have contacted Coke several times to ask if it can be purchased anywhere in the states, and the answer has always been no.

The closest I've found to matching it is to get a Sprite at Sonic, and have a splash of watermelon flavor added to it. Its VERY close!

We must have stopped at ISC at least 4 times on our last visit, and there was snow but it was barely there... this was last June. Not enough to make snowballs or anything. I totally agree it needs refurbishment, but its disappointing to know the snow will be gone. I can live with that as long as we can still get Smart!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom