Epcot's Ice Station Cool to undergo 6 month rehab

tnemgif

miles1 said:
If anyone is familiar with "Moxie", a regional beverage here in New England, it gives a similar effect. Only Beverly is about 5 times as bad.
HEY! I LOVE Moxie, lol. I'm from New Hampshire so it's everywhere, but I do HATE Beverly!

Rora

grrrr! I'm a huge Coke fan and was looking forward to experiencing Ice station cool for the first time when I go in June.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
dxer07002 said:
Can anyone confirm this is true? Disney's website doesn't confirm it. Nor does any listings on this site.

It's closed - the little rehab wall went up inside the igloo right on schedule.

Nut4Disney

Mimi said:
I'm new and apparently easily confused... I've seen the tunnel, and thankfully never entered it, but I just have to ask:

My dear God in heaven... what is Beverly?!?!?!

It's a clear coke product that is sold in Italy. It is very bitter and nasty tasting. It is actually an aperetif, which is why the Italians drink it. If drank before a large meal it is supposed to aid in digestion.

AndyP

s2jrston said:
I wonder if they'll move the snow cat over to AK near EE? What's going to happen to the frozen guy?

Erm, he'll defrost ? :lol:

Good to see more refurbs going on at EPCOT, as long as watermelon is back for my next trip that is!! I think they could clean it by just washing the place out with Beverley, that'll kill anything!

lawyergirl77

SKYWAY 4 ME said:
Apparently , a lady came in through the ice tunnel and slipped and got hurt .

*sigh* and the lawyer vultures swooped in with their calls of "liability SQUAWK! liability SQUAWK!", and in the process ruined everyone's fun... On behalf of my profession, I would like to apologize for the fact that we often ruin it for everyone else... Not all of us are killjoys, I swear!!!

But this wouldn't suprise me one bit. This would, in fact, answer the question of why it's taking 6 months to refurb. The lawyers suggested closing it right away to prevent any further injuries, and so it's going to be a 6 month process starting from scratch (i.e. designing process, approval of design, construction etc...)

AEfx

LOL LawyerGirl. A lawyer with a conscience? Wow...we need more like you!

As to the Ice Station, does anyone know exactly when it closed? It was closed at least by last October, and I'm pretty sure it never went up again. By closed I mean the snow wasn't working, of course.

AEfx

SKYWAY 4 ME

It was indeed very discrete . I wonder what the settlement was ?? A few thousand dollars and Ruining it for all other guests.

I also heard that once injured and filed a suit against disney that the person is exhiled !!!! :sohappy:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
SKYWAY 4 ME said:
Apparently , a lady came in through the ice tunnel and slipped and got hurt .
Like the person who burnt themselves on hot coffee at Mcdonald's, they sue and now Mcdonald's has to put a warning on their coffee cup:
"WARNING coffee is HOT."
So now Disney needs to put up a sign that says:
"WARNING SNOW IS WET and COLD"
:lol:

Glasgow

I've never been in there either!! Am I missing anything really? I'm not much of a soda drinker, that's for sure

SKYWAY 4 ME

It really wasnt much other than coke products and souviner counter

It was very neat that it actually made real snow and ice in the tunnel , it was 30 degree's and on a day of 100 it was refreshing

I wish they sold BEVERLY !!!!! :hurl:

Darn.. I'm going back in a few weeks... Shew am I gonna miss that sticky feet feeling

Guess I'll try the drinks and regain the sticky-ness when I visit in 6 months! :p

brkgnews

unkadug said:
Like the person who burnt themselves on hot coffee at Mcdonald's, they sue and now Mcdonald's has to put a warning on their coffee cup:
"WARNING coffee is HOT."
So now Disney needs to put up a sign that says:
"WARNING SNOW IS WET and COLD"
:lol:

More like...

WARNING: YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND CAN'T WALK UPRIGHT.

Everytime I've been in there -- and I do mean EVERYTIME, even when the snow was nowhere to be found --they had up at LEAST one "wet floor/piso mojado" sign. Usually two.

People suck. Throw rocks at them.

SKYWAY 4 ME

brkgnews said:
More like...

WARNING: YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND CAN'T WALK UPRIGHT.

Everytime I've been in there -- and I do mean EVERYTIME, even when the snow was nowhere to be found --they had up at LEAST one "wet floor/piso mojado" sign. Usually two.

People suck. Throw rocks at them.

I concur , but dont throw rocks @ them , throw Snowballs @ them :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom