Epcot's Ice Station Cool to undergo 6 month rehab

Thumper's Mom

Well, I guess I'm the happy one in this group...........it should be reopening right before we check in on Dec. 4th! :sohappy: Wonder if they'll add any more jummy flavors. :slurp: I'll have the kids test them first. :D

Laura

Premium Member
I will be honest - I am not the least bit sad that Ice Station Cool will be closed for a while. I don't care for ANY of the drinks there! I just find it amusing to go in and watch other people drink them hehe. :lol:

EpcotGrl

No more snow?! No more YELLOW SNOWSUITS?! ;)

I'll definitely agree it needs a rehab--it's needed one for years! But it's like they're taking the whole essence of ISC away!! :cry:

MiRi

This sucks. I was looking forward to taking my bf there on our trip in June. Oh well. And yes, Beverly is disgusting. Blech!!

I have been to World of Coke. It's really interesting.

SewIn2Disney

Is the entire section going down for refurb, or just the enterance? Will I be able to go in the back enterance and still get some vegibeta?

I can't believe they are closing it during the warmest months!

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
SewIn2Disney said:
Is the entire section going down for refurb, or just the enterance? Will I be able to go in the back enterance and still get some vegibeta?

I can't believe they are closing it during the warmest months!
The whole thing is gettting a rehab.

Nut4Disney

I agree. Why are they closing it during the busy summer tourist season? Why didn't they do this from October to March or something?

DisneySaint

ScrappyTam said:
Do you think that its odd that they would be doing a rehab on that particular exhibit during the hot summer months? It seems to me that maybe do it during the fall, winter, or spring would be a much better time.

Indeed that is VERY strange. But then again, the snow and cold weren't working anyway, so it's not like you went in there to "cool off".

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
1disneydood said:
That really stinks if they get rid of the freezng room and the attempted snow. :( booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

In honor of Ice Station Cool, my family with Beverly faces. Me chugging it like a man.
http://members..net/sheilapicone1/Beverlyfaces.jpg

An absolute CLASSIC photo!

Magicot

Wow, this is some surprising news! I was actually in Epcot yesterday (the last day of my WDW vacation) and I did go through ISC. The CM in the yellow snowsuit looked very grumpy and didn't respond when I said hello. There was absolutely no snow, it was dry, and a tad cool. I actually joked with my brother by fake shivering - when infact a few years ago, I remember getting real shivers and chills. The frozen man looked so dusty and gross. In the drinking area, it wasn't that packed with people- I'd say the same amount as usual. And of course I tried some Beverly- deliciously nasty as usual (I got that nice gag effect like swallowing Nyquil :hurl: ). I said "Try the Beverly, it's delicious!" to some ladies, but they just looked at me and walked away (I think they were foreign). The watermelon drink was very tasty as usual :slurp:. One funny thing i noticed- they were selling a longsleeved jean/dungaree button-up CocaCola shirt. Honestly- who wears jean shirts these days?! :lol:

So that's my coverage of the final day of the original Ice Station Cool. I think it definetly needs the rehab and it's exciting to see some change in that area of Epcot. I'm looking foward to whatever's next!

TheOneVader

I agree it needs a rehab. Whenever I'm there, the floor is sticky, the snow room isn't cold, and only about half of the machines actually work, or at least, half of the varieties on the machine.

diveteam

I hope that the rehab is complete by the time I go at the end of November, EPCOT just isn't the same without sampling the Beverley :slurp:

TheOneVader

diveteam said:
I hope that the rehab is complete by the time I go at the end of November, EPCOT just isn't the same without sampling the Beverley :slurp:

Well, if my math is correct, 6 months means January 1st it'll be open.

lawyergirl77

I'm thrilled that they're doing a rehab! Every time I walked by it, it just looked cheesy and worn down, so I never actually went in... If they had spruced it up, I probably would have gone in, instead of skipping it every time I go to Epcot!

Besides, now y'all have me curious, and I have to try me some of that Beverly... Mmmm mmmm NyQuil goodness!

righttrack

I love how my oldest always tries to con people into drinking Beverly. Its one of her favorite activities. Glad we were there before the rehab.

PBarton

TheOneVader said:
I agree it needs a rehab. Whenever I'm there, the floor is sticky, the snow room isn't cold, and only about half of the machines actually work, or at least, half of the varieties on the machine.
You beat me to it!

I always remember the sticky floor! Has anyone here tried combinations of flavours (flavors)??

I did manage to fill a single cup with every flavour last year, and drank it as a bet (I am still alive:wave: ).

That place is one of the only freebies in the whole of WDW, and the effort they make you go through just to get in there is unbelievable!!

I wish they would introduce more selections, or at least sell the drink in the coresponding WS country - Watermelon in China, yum:slurp: .
Vegitabeta in Japan:slurp:
Beverley in Italy:hurl:

I know some of the WS countries are not represented at ISC, but that could be easily arranged - at least for a large company such as Coca - Cola.

By the way, one of my friends at work is Italian, and has never even heard of Beverley

CaliSurfer182

That sucks that Ice Station Cool is going down, hopefully it is just to make it better. I know that it has been kind of in disrepair, but I thought it was an interesting place. Some of the flavors of the drinks sure weren't all that exciting or tasty, but that is part of the experience of trying new things, and exploring new cultures.

MrToad1

6 months? are you serious? What is so revolutionary about Ice Station Cool that it needs an entire half a year to refurbish. That seems a bit lazy to me. I just saw an entire Olive Garden Restaurant go up in about 2 months.
hmmm, I just think that pretty strange!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom