Epcot's Ice Station Cool to undergo 6 month rehab

kiawahman

Account Suspended
man, i always enjoyed ice station for the simple reason that it's the only place on property to get some free soda. i once saw a kid filling up his water bottle with fanta. not a bad idea.

WDWScottieBoy

*Chugs some more of my Mezzo Mix to get another ISC fix*

CaptainHank just posted some pictures in his update that have pictures with ISC walls up.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Perhaps all carbonated drinks should carry a warning that the acid will rot your teeth and you’ll get gas, which may lead to future embarrassment. :lookaroun :drevil: was that me............................

peter11435

JeffH said:
Wrong, the exit is very well labeled EXIT (I believe that it actually says exit only) from the outside.
That means no entrance here...
Furthermore there is no identification at the exit to indicate that it is even the exit to ISC, so to a newcomer this is NOT an option. And to most (obsessive) rule abiding people, neither is the exit.

Whoever planned this "attraction" forgot the meaning of safety.
You are correct; I guess that only works for us regulars.

Along the line of drinks...I heard that a lot of the food/drink options in future world are unavailable right now. Basically, if you what you want isn't on a cart then you should head to the World Showcase. Is that true?

There is really as much as there has been in recent years. The Electric Umbrella is open as is the new food court in the land. Fountain View cafe is also open and if you want something a little more upscale there is always the coral reef.

The McDonald's lady deserved every penny that she got. No one knows exactly how much that was, though, since they ended up settling out of court. The coffee was too hot and McDonald's knew it.

The problem is that any fresh cup of coffee, while maybe not as hot as McDonald's is hot enough to severely burn certain "parts" of your body if you spill it in your lab. If she received her millions for her own accident then I think we should all go to starbucks order a coffee and pour it in our lap, hey its free money. People need to start taking the blame for there own accidents and not trying to get money by putting the blame on someone else. Lets not even talk about the “oh eating my food made me fat” lawsuits.

RnRJoe6114

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won $20 thanks to that place, I had to chug a whole bottle of Beverly, but hey it paid okay.

bsandersjr

MrNonacho said:
The McDonald's lady deserved every penny that she got. No one knows exactly how much that was, though, since they ended up settling out of court. The coffee was too hot and McDonald's knew it.

Ummmm. When you buy coffee from anywhere, do you not expect it to be hot? That is like the people complaining that thier kids are overweight from eating McDonalds. Come on, no one ever wants to admit to their stupid mistakes.

MiRi

RnRJoe6114 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won $20 thanks to that place, I had to chug a whole bottle of Beverly, but hey it paid okay.

Only $20? I would've done it for $1,000,000. :D

s25843

I will be in Atlanta next week on Business and plan to make a stop at the World of Coke, hopefully they will have atleast a few of the ISC flavors.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
peter11435 said:
The problem is that any fresh cup of coffee, while maybe not as hot as McDonald's is hot enough to severely burn certain "parts" of your body if you spill it in your lab. If she received her millions for her own accident then I think we should all go to starbucks order a coffee and pour it in our lap, hey its free money. People need to start taking the blame for there own accidents and not trying to get money by putting the blame on someone else. Lets not even talk about the “oh eating my food made me fat” lawsuits.
The reason McDonald’s got busted for this was because they had had numerous violations for serving their coffee way to hot. I’m not sure which agency sets the standards (Probably OSHA) but “hot” beverages are to be served at a temperature no hotter than 160 degrees if memory serves me correctly. McDonalds was found to routinely keep coffee as hot at 190 to 200 degrees. I agree that the amount this woman was awarded was ludicrous but McDonald’s had it coming.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
WDW1971 said:
Will the replacement for Ice Station Cool be open by early December? If my math is correct, that will be six months.

I really hope so. It seems like such a small thing, but I'll really miss it if it's not open in December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom