News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

James Alucobond

Probably one of the funniest things about this is how the ring is perfectly centered around the old Illuminations dock. This show should be in the middle and not skewed like Harmonious. I think they heard that one complaint pretty loudly, even if it was a truly minor thing.
Even if it were still offset, the permanent infrastructure is low-profile enough that it wouldn’t be as severe a problem. The issue was that the off-centeredness was magnified by views of the enormous central ring while making your way down the entrance promenade.

mattpeto

The WDW rolling calendar runs to 12/4 and generally moves ahead one day overnight. Right now, Epcot Forever shows on the page for 12/4, which is presumably the last night of the show.

I will be curious if Luminous has a page added tomorrow/Monday and some more details are revealed. It’s far enough in advance they might have the nighttime spectacular section blanked for a bit too.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

The concept art definitely shows fireworks going off in the middle - maybe this is just for a lower profile barge to get in that doesn't need as much infrastructure and is just for this purpose

1695560380837.png

TTA94

The concept art definitely shows fireworks going off in the middle - maybe this is just for a lower profile barge to get in that doesn't need as much infrastructure and is just for this purpose

View attachment 744641

Yeah it’s very difficult to tell what is, if anything, in the center. For all we know, which has been very little lol maybe there is another barge coming? Zooming in on the center it looks like something low profile with maybe 3 small arm ish things on the sides? Maybe something that opens up? I’m probably reading way to much into it lol.

monorail81

Well it is mostly going to be backstage, so it doesn't really matter what it looks like at this point.

I'm more interested in why it is blue, and nobody seems to know.
Because blue is the color of water….obviously……and if they are that color, it’ll blend right in with the water in the Lagoon. So no one will notice them when they are brought out each day 😜 kinda like Go Away Green.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom