News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TDLFan

Just throwing this to the wind, wonder if it's something like bringing Soarin back for "limited time magic" if perhaps Wishes, Illuminations, or something from the resorts past gets a surprise encore run. Pure speculation.

jrhwdw

Just throwing this to the wind, wonder if it's something like bringing Soarin back for "limited time magic" if perhaps Wishes, Illuminations, or something from the resorts past gets a surprise encore run. Pure speculation.
Interesting thought. I had one earlier today wondering if MK was going for another Nighttastic: MSEP and Magic Music and Mayhem. Although, HEA is stronger than MM&M, IMO. As much I love Wishes, It would be very interesting to go Back to Wishes. ESP after DE had to go back to HEA

Would be nice if MK would return to the old Prim. That's more needed in MK's fireworks department right now...

IF it's IllumiNations: Any Version, IDK how Epcot could Spin that...Right after L:SOU was announced for Dec 5th two weeks ago at D: D23.

TDLFan

But if the reports Luminous score is truly a cluster, and the construction timeline is beyond tight, why not delay the opening and bring back an OG Illuminations or at least have that plan b on the board. Would soften the PR blow if they can't meet Dec. 5.

Disney Glimpses

MSEP is scheduled to return in Spring 2024 according to Wikipedia so it must be true!
1695343577688.png

jrhwdw

But if the reports Luminous score is truly a cluster, and the construction timeline is beyond tight, why not delay the opening and bring back an OG Illuminations or at least have that plan b on the board. Would soften the PR blow if they can't meet Dec. 5.
Oh, I totally agree! If L:SOU has to be delayed beyond Dec 5th, Start ROE's Globe-less Version(with POE would be nice)or Remaster 1988's IllumiNations on the 5th!

I just couldn't see how Epcot could Spin Completely Canning L:SOU in favor of going back to the IllumiNations Brand.

Disney Glimpses

In all seriousness, I'd be surprised if they touched the MK nighttime spectacular spot or modify HEA even slightly; it's literally the least of their issues. Would make no sense to direct efforts there right now (not to mention risk getting it wrong again). Think it's gonna be a couple years before we see anything happen there.

jrhwdw

In all seriousness, I'd be surprised if they touched the MK nighttime spectacular spot or modify HEA even slightly; it's literally the least of their issues. Would make no sense to direct efforts there right now (not to mention risk getting it wrong again). Think it's gonna be a couple years before we see anything happen there.
The Perimeters need help. Of course, Year Round Fireworks Shows don't use them....

gerarar

Premium Member
Bring back OUAT and show it 30 mins after HEA. It would cost barely anything to bring it back with the pyro being so minimal (Let It Go section plus finale). It's basically like half of the stage show pyro for the day.

So many guests head for the exits after HEA's nightly showing. Retaining just 15% of that crowd would be big as those guests would be inclined to spend more on food/drinks, shops, etc.

Oh, and bring back the Kiss Goodnight already. It's been 3+ years, geez.

jrhwdw

Bring back OUAT and show it 30 mins after HEA. It would cost barely anything to bring it back with the pyro being so minimal (Let It Go section plus finale). It's basically like half of the stage show pyro for the day.

So many guests head for the exits after HEA's nightly showing. Retaining just 15% of that crowd would be big as those guests would be inclined to spend more on food/drinks, shops, etc.
I would like OUAT's Budget a little Bigger this time around......

If its OUAT of course....... Would DPB even announce that?

Whatever's happening, sounds like there will be an Official Announcement.

Last edited:

TTA94

IMO OUAT returning isn’t anything to be excited over. It’s not a bad show but to me it feels unnecessary with HEA. But I suppose a few people may feel otherwise and be in love with the show? 🤷‍♂️. Im sure it will do what they need it to do and that’s keep some people in the park longer. Not as much as a parade would but it seems they continue to reuse to see it that way and would rather take the easiest and cheapest way out.

jrhwdw

IMO OUAT returning isn’t anything to be excited over. It’s not a bad show but to me it feels unnecessary with HEA. But I suppose a few people may feel otherwise and be in love with the show? 🤷‍♂️. Im sure it will do what they need it to do and that’s keep some people in the park longer. Not as much as a parade would but it seems they continue to reuse to see it that way and would rather take the easiest and cheapest way out.
OUAT returning would be a good thing, upgraded would be even better! I wouldn't take OUAT over MSEP/Spectro of course but MK has had a Secondary(Only before HEA) Projection Show since 2011.

If OUAT returned as is, that shouldn't take any money out of MK Night Parade Plans.......

bmr1591

The 2024 Disney Calendar did have one month with Enchantment as the centerpiece photo. I’ve often wondered why WDW doesn’t do more themed night ticketed events in the Spring and Summer where they have rarer characters and show Wishes or Enchantment. Feels like an easy win to do a couple times a month on your statistically slowest nights of the week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom