News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
20230927_150901.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

Those fixtures from Harmonious weren't cheap. I would suspect as much tech as possible is being reused in the new show.
Definitely seems they're trying to reuse every last one of those moving head spotlights.

That's fine in principle, but does make wonder if the show was designed from the standpoint of how do we reuse as many things as possible instead of what do we need to make this as good as it can be.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Definitely seems they're trying to reuse every last one of those moving head spotlights.

That's fine in principle, but does make wonder if the show was designed from the standpoint of how do we reuse as many things as possible instead of what do we need to make this as good as it can be.
Almost every love venue in Disney World uses those lights I don’t think they’ll have an issue finding a home for those, probably at least one being used in HEA already

TTA94

I know these won’t be out there all day long but I think the new barges look worse than the tocos, mainly because there is no screens on the sides to hide the equipment. Unless they will be installing screens? Or some other covering.

GladToBeHear

I know these won’t be out there all day long but I think the new barges look worse than the tocos, mainly because there is no screens on the sides to hide the equipment. Unless they will be installing screens? Or some other covering.
Skinning them would only draw more attention. You'd want them to be as "transparent" as possible. It's basically backstage scaffolding painted blue so it gets lost in the lagoon.

JD80

There will be enough pyro and lights above them that it won't be super noticeable.

Splashin' Ryan

there will likely be screens, if you look closely at the new photos there are loose cables wrapped around the bars on the edges of each of the barges likely to connect the led panels that will be installed.
Basically mini taco barges! 🌮🌮🌮🌮

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom