News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

gerarar

Premium Member
-Would explain why Disney has been tight-lipped about details up until recently and would also explain why we have seen no behind the scenes promotional videos like they do with literally EVERY other show (with Harmonious they were posting those a whole year out)
This isn't that unprecedented (kinda). For HEA, Disney only started showing behind the scene teasers and videos right before it premiered.

Feb 9, 2017 HEA announced to replace Wishes
Mar 24, 2017 Theme song sneak peak
Mar 30, 2017 First BTS
Apr 8, 2017 Animation BTS
Apr 19, 2017 Projections BTS
Apr 28, 2017 Recording/Orchestra BTS
May 4, 2017 Singers/Choir BTS
May 5, 2017 Final BTS (the best one)
May 12, 2017 HEA debuts

So from initial announcement to premiere, happened all in 3 months. The previews and BTS released on a weekly-basis less than 2 months to premiere. And they were all well made teasers, especially that last one. Still get goosebumps watching it lol

So using the same 2-month timeline, Disney should start releasing previews around next month.. 🤔

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
The 100th anniversary isn’t actually until next month.
I know it’s a shade off topic, but what are the actual celebration dates? I know it starts in September at EPCOT, but WJ and WOC:One started in late January at DLR. Does anyone know A) what the ending date for it is, and B) are they going to extend the WDW/EPCOT version of the anniversary to have something to promote next year?

DCBaker

Premium Member
I know it’s a shade off topic, but what are the actual celebration dates? I know it starts in September at EPCOT, but WJ and WOC:One started in late January at DLR. Does anyone know A) what the ending date for it is, and B) are they going to extend the WDW/EPCOT version of the anniversary to have something to promote next year?

The Disney100 celebration at EPCOT runs through December 31, 2023.

See the article below.

MTBaymax

- It's strange that Luminous is debuting in December because when has Disney debuted a non-holiday show in December? It's especially weird for Epcot considering the fact that Illuminations, Epcot Forever, and Harmonious all debuted Sept-October.

-Was originally described as a 100th anniversary show but it is debuting at the very end of the celebration?
It’s not a coincidence that they picked a random Tuesday in December to premiere it. That random Tuesday happens to be a certain person‘s birthday.

jrhwdw

Yeah “That Site” is wrong more often then not. They also were the ones that posted earlier in the year about MSEP returning to MK in either 2023 or 2024 and that doesn’t appear to be happening.

They also just posted about Wonderous Journey not returning in 2024. Not sure I believe that one either.
While I don't agree with everything "That Site" does, it does do good work. Also, "That Site" and Steve here seem to agree that LSOU's Soundtrack has had Problems.
Because it's not a parks celebration.
Because it's dumb
Because they ran out of metallic painted plastic

Take your pick
The Parks are part of Disney's 100 Year Legacy..........
It’s not a coincidence that they picked a random Tuesday in December to premiere it. That random Tuesday happens to be a certain person‘s birthday.
Don't get me wrong, I got the symbolism right away. I still think its odd that they don't want it ready a week earlier for the start of Epcot's Holidays.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

This isn't that unprecedented (kinda). For HEA, Disney only started showing behind the scene teasers and videos right before it premiered.

Feb 9, 2017 HEA announced to replace Wishes
Mar 24, 2017 Theme song sneak peak
Mar 30, 2017 First BTS
Apr 8, 2017 Animation BTS
Apr 19, 2017 Projections BTS
Apr 28, 2017 Recording/Orchestra BTS
May 4, 2017 Singers/Choir BTS
May 5, 2017 Final BTS (the best one)
May 12, 2017 HEA debuts

So from initial announcement to premiere, happened all in 3 months. The previews and BTS released on a weekly-basis less than 2 months to premiere. And they were all well made teasers, especially that last one. Still get goosebumps watching it lol

So using the same 2-month timeline, Disney should start releasing previews around next month.. 🤔

If I remember correctly, Feb 9 2017 came as a total Shock! I don't remember any Tea Leaves/Hints/Warnings that HEA was in Motion for May 2017 before Feb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom