News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

cjkeating

Was thinking wouldn’t it be cool if they found a way to use the floating lanterns that were originally going to be used in Rivers of Light? I doubt it would be the same ones but something similar.
I think it would be really cool if they used the floating lanterns on the Discovery Island river. Unfortunately I think they are all long gone, either sunk or written off.

After the issues with the automated floats I don't see them daring to use something like that again anytime soon unfortunately. They struggled with 11 so adding in 100 lanterns seems like a recipe for disaster.

TDLFan

How do we think the transition from Epcot Forever to Luminous will occur, if Dec. 5 is a go? Will EF's pryo be loaded into the new equipment? I can't see them plopping all this new tech on Dec. 5. I believe they did the same thing with Harmonious, correct?

jrhwdw

How do we think the transition from Epcot Forever to Luminous will occur, if Dec. 5 is a go? Will EF's pryo be loaded into the new equipment? I can't see them plopping all this new tech on Dec. 5. I believe they did the same thing with Harmonious, correct?
I don't believe EF ever ran from Harm's Equipment....

TTA94

If the soundtrack is completed, I wonder what the secrecy is and why they do not want to show us the “making of” previews? Are they that scared of backlash? Lol. I mean it’s unavoidable if people are going to hate it, their gonna hate it.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

A week after this News and EF does not have an End Date on the Official Website......Usually, those End Dates come online pretty quickly, No?

Might be something to follow......

TTA94

Strange we haven’t gotten any backstage pics recently from bioreconstruct. Did Disney catch on to it and stop him from taking pics and or posting them?

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Drones?
fly drone GIF

Not at Disney but Universal Creative Head just said in an interview that Epic Universe would have the most technological drone show anywhere. Another bad miss by Disney not to include them and let the competition one up them again. Guess they still haven't learned since Harry Potter!

TTA94

Not at Disney but Universal Creative Head just said in an interview that Epic Universe would have the most technological drone show anywhere. Another bad miss by Disney not to include them and let the competition one up them again. Guess they still haven't learned since Harry Potter!

I think Luminous was originally going to have drones and or other things but unfortunately got cut.

I will also add that if everything goes to plan, there will be things in this show that will bring people to EPCOT just to see this show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom