News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Starship824

In the Parks
No
HEA will probably stay around a while. It hasn't played as much as you'd think due to Covid and the 50th. And after Enchantment's reception (which I think was great, but that's neither here nor there), they'll certainly be cautious on moving forward.
May I ask why you think Enchantment was great?

TTA94

When HEA came back after Enchantment I always assumed it was on a temporary basis and a filler like Epcot Forever is until Luminous debuts. I get everyone has a bad taste in their mouth from Enchantment and it definitely was a huge downgrade from HEA, but just because we got a bad apple with Enchantment doesn’t mean they can’t created a nice replacement for HEA. I’m willing to give them another shot. I know it was a different team that created it but Wonderous Journey turned out pretty good.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
When HEA came back after Enchantment I always assumed it was on a temporary basis and a filler like Epcot Forever is until Luminous debuts. I get everyone has a bad taste in their mouth from Enchantment and it definitely was a huge downgrade from HEA, but just because we got a bad apple with Enchantment doesn’t mean they can’t created a nice replacement for HEA. I’m willing to give them another shot. I know it was a different team that created it but Wonderous Journey turned out pretty good.
HEA doesn't need a replacement, Wishes ran for 13 years HEA has only ran for maybe 3.5? It was closed for over a year with covid and then another for enchantment, HEA should not go anywhere.

Vinnie Mac

It's not that the can't make a better show than HEA, it's more of a "why" thing. When Disney made Wishes and Illuminations, they kept both shows for a very long time because the public loved it. HEA is as loved (perhaps even more loved) as those two shows so I don't see why they need to cut its run short.

jrhwdw

Luminous is being delayed, according to reports, due to musical issues. Does that count as "surprising"?
I think the Surprising comment was in regards to MK/HEA.

We all know that Luminous is scheduled for December 5th. Whether Epcot can have Luminous totally ready by then is another question.

Last edited:

TTA94

They should leave HEA alone and focus on replacing FoF & a new nighttime parade. Dreaming Up wouldve been a perfect replacement and better than anything 'budget friendly' they could come up with but I have a feeling HK is probably going to scoop up the floats.

I do agree the focus should not be, once again, put on a MK nighttime show. While I can’t say it’s true I believe they decided to replace Wishes with a more advanced show (HEA) instead of replacing MSEP. HEA proved to be extremely popular and pleased the vast majority of guests, so they were successful at brushing a nighttime parade under the rug. WDW fans didn’t and haven’t forgotten a nighttime parade but those once in a lifetime and average guests that WDW caters to could care a less if there is a light parade or not and are very satisfied with HEA being the one and only ending to a “Magical day at the MK”.

bmr1591

May I ask why you think Enchantment was great?

The soundtrack evoked more emotions than HEA. You Are the Magic felt like it actually was a Disney song more than just a random song they found that had the words Happily Ever After tied in. From the show perspective, even with a smaller budget than HEA, it was still more visually impressive on the firework front. Obviously, HEA was given some creative liberties not allowed to Enchantment, but I still thought it was a worthy successor.

Fact is, most people's view of DE is skewed by its lackluster beginning before they added in Walt and Roy and the historical things at the beginning. Could it have been a better show? Sure. But nostalgia of HEA hits hard in people's perceptions of the two shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom