News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

SoFloMagic

We don't have a Date yet for WallCot to disappear Correct?

Thanks Steve for setting us straight! I had a feeling EF Changes were too good to be true without some conformation.
Who knows. Let's start a pool.

My bet is "we go on" in EF and WallCOT ends 11/13/23

Eric Graham

We're both very old, about 120. So, we have really only seen the fireworks once or twice. Instead, we wake up really early to get in line way before the rope drops!

Squishy

During Harm testing they held this rule above all else. Stricter than anyone had seen before.
But what's the purpose this time if it's a show that played previously unless decent changes have occurred? On top of that usually tests this close always include audio testing as a all in one.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It was just interesting because it’s usually just common sense that if the park is closed you’re not supposed to be taking any pictures or video of anything, but this time they made a big point to reiterate this rule. Probably nothing, just found it interesting.
As Martin was saying, they ran that message a lot during Harmonious, and I think it may now have become standard protocol.

TTA94

I bet Epcot Forever runs the rest of this year and into next year. I bet we don't see a new show until 2024.

That’s what I think to, however that will not give WDW a “100th nighttime show” which the new show was originally announced for. I guess they’ll just promote HEA and EF and being part of the 100th? 🙄

SoFloMagic

You all forget that EF doesnt exactly have glowing reviews either. During its first run it was even easier to find a spot on the lagoon than for Harmonious. Disney knows that, and more importantly, so do the Epcot restaurants there is going to be significant pressure to get a good show back in the lagoon ASAP.
Which is why they should tweak it by adding we go on to the end

pdude81

You all forget that EF doesnt exactly have glowing reviews either. During its first run it was even easier to find a spot on the lagoon than for Harmonious. Disney knows that, and more importantly, so do the Epcot restaurants there is going to be significant pressure to get a good show back in the lagoon ASAP.
That's because you can watch EF from anywhere around the lagoon without significant loss of experience. It's fine for a temporary show but you're right that they need to move quickly.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hopefully, the added fireworks replacing the kiteskies will make it entertaining enough.

wdwfan22

True the lack of fireworks and soundtrack didn’t make it a favorite with Guests, however Disney is still going to move at their slow pace. It will also give them something to promote for 2024. I’ll be surprised if we see something earlier.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
The new show will debut in 2023. My money is on October 1st, with Thanksgiving weekend at the absolutely latest.
I mean, it is possible to have it done in that short of a timeframe, I just question their ability to do so given current parameters. I'd rather go without having to see "Unity: A Global Disney Storytelling Nighttime Fireworks Activation Spectacular."

I wish they'd just pull something off the shelf of dead concepts from the last 15 years and tweak it to become a modern nighttime entertainment offering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom